Reason Ben Troupe signed with the Bucs

An interesting article on www.pewterreport.com/ about why Ben Troupe signed with the Bucs instead of Bills. Gruden called him @ 12:02 AM first day of free agency. He said the Bucs made him feel wanted, & he really liked Gruden.

Pro players are among the most sensitive members of society...being understood, being wanted is first and foremost. Forget that $$$ talk... :beer:

An interesting article on www.pewterreport.com/ about why Ben Troupe signed with the Bucs instead of Bills. Gruden called him @ 12:02 AM first day of free agency. He said the Bucs made him feel wanted, & he really liked Gruden.

Who was Gruden talking to at 12:00?

While Troupe has some nice potential. There is the sobering fact he was benched behind Bo F'n Scaife, and that there's quite a few receiving te's that are coming out in this years draft. For the sake of argument. If signing Ben Troupe would've cost a shot at say Fred Davis. That would've really stunk.

If someone called me up at 12:02 AM, I'd tell them to get lost and call me when I'm not asleep.

How Needy.

Where is his mental toughness?

He's an underachiever, with 5 receptions last year on a team that was desperate to have someone throw the ball too.

No loss.

That is not the reason he signed with TB. Lets get real here. If it came down to who called who first, everyone would be signed by the next morning. Troupe has played in the warm weather south his whole career, why would he choose Buffalo over TB? Income tax as stated, he played his college in the State of Florida. Please, so you're saying if the Bills had called at 12:01 he would have been ours?

That is not the reason he signed with TB. Lets get real here. If it came down to who called who first, everyone would be signed by the next morning. Troupe has played in the warm weather south his whole career, why would he choose Buffalo over TB? Income tax as stated, he played his college in the State of Florida. Please, so you're saying if the Bills had called at 12:01 he would have been ours?
I posted what I read. He said he signed with Tampa because Gruden let him know he wanted him in his offense. He liked both Gruden & his offense. Much like the reason James signed with Buffalo - he thought it was a good opportunity to start & good for his career. He also blamed the QB carousel, & the fact Bo Schaife played with Vince Young in college & they had chemistry as the reason Schaife beat him out for the #2 position with Tenn.

Of course he was so impressed by the Buccs, he took 2-3 weeks to sign, only after making multiple visits with multiple teams. :thumbsup:

Who was Gruden talking to at 12:00?

Jeff Faine

ME TOO! ... last but not least MIGHTY TACO

Interesting. That's one of things I do NOT miss about Buffalo. That crap was nasty. I would rather have Taco Bell, and Taco Bell is something I can only eat once in a while.