Plummer changes mind and accepts trade...

ExWNYer

I'm not sure Jake accepted the trade. There is nothing in the link to suggest that. I think the Broncos just called his bluff and didn't want him dictating what they wanted to do. It is a conditional pick or picks, probably meaning if he retires or doesn't report it is negated.

This just after the Bucs sign Jeff Garcia? :thumbsup:

I guess Jake realized that making $5.3M on the bench is pretty easy money.

Gruden's a whore for QBs. That was really an unnecessary acquisition. Maybe Plummer realized that the trade to a warm clime was better than being cut?

I'm not sure Jake accepted the trade. There is nothing in the link to suggest that. I think the Broncos just called his bluff and didn't want him dictating what they wanted to do. It is a conditional pick or picks, probably meaning if he retires or doesn't report it is negated.

That has to be it. Maybe the Texans have something the Bucs want, and they turn around and trade Plummer to the Texans (makes him happy) and they get what they want? David Carr maybe?

I don't see anything that says Plummer accepted the trade. It appears that Tampa Bay is willing to make the trade, see if Plummer changes his mind & go from there. The fact that the pick is a 2008 conditional, and they have Simms & Garcia under contract, makes me believe that TB isn't counting on Plummer showing up-but if he does & makes the team, and gets in some games, then TB sends Denver a pick. Denver has nothing to lose trading a retired player. TB doesn't have to do anything now to retain Plummer's rights & might even trade him again if he's willing to unretire & play with an interested team. With the 2008 conditional pick, TB has plenty of time to figure out what Plummer's availability is-they don't have to know by this April.

Is that the first move the stinkin' fish have made? I almost forgot there was a supposed team in Miami.

no they cut most of their OL and the interior of their DL.

Hopefully they draft Levi Brown since they don;t have LT.

Hopefully Okoye slips to Bills but Willis will probably be the target.

I'm not sure Jake accepted the trade.

I don't see anything that says Plummer accepted the trade.

You're right. The point is, the trade was made and is official. I guess we'll see soon enough if Plummer had a change of heart or whether he'll still retire.