It's very trying being a Bills fan

Thailog80

What is it about this franchise that drives me absolutely bat stevestojan? Please someone reassure me it will all be worth it someday. Every year I say " Maybe this year?" then they break my heart........I keep hoping but they kill me. Now this year with moderate hopes (8-8) I am already miserable from losing because of 0-4. Old ladies and school children walk on the other side of the street when they see my skowling mug coming, that used to be reserved for January. Damn this losing is eating me up.

What is it about this franchise that drives me absolutely bat stevestojan? Please someone reassure me it will all be worth it someday. Every year I say " Maybe this year?" then they break my heart........I keep hoping but they kill me. Now this year with moderate hopes (8-8) I am already miserable from losing because of 0-4. Old ladies and school children walk on the other side of the street when they see my skowling mug coming, that used to be reserved for January. Damn this losing is eating me up.

65866[/snapback]

I know how you are feling T and Im sure a lot of us feel the same way.

Besides 2001, the Bills usually are AT LEAST in the hunt for a playoff spot or a division title at the halfway point or later, besides 2001 I dont remember there being a year where the season was basically over after Week 4, at least in regards to the playoffs. Even in 1998, we were 1-3 and just beat the then undefeated 49ers so at least there was SOME hope.

I'll say it over and over and over, mi amigo.

We will win, and the only way you'll come to appreciate the 13-3 season is to have lived through the 3-13s.

You know what might pick you up a bit? Try hitting on one of those old ladies walking on the other side of the street. :doh:

I think that this type of losing (ie. constant) is easier to take then the heartbreaks of the 90s. I think when a team loses EVERY WEEK, doesn't show up EVERY WEEK it is kind of like being clubbed in the head. The pain eventually numbs you and you close yourself off.

On the other hand losing is SO SO SO much harder to take when it sneaks up behind you and bites you in the @ss. When it lies dormant for a whole season and then returns a fluke trick play for a Kickoff TD. Or when it pops up to push a field goal just 3 feet to the right. THOSE are the losses that break your heart. These ones don't cut as deep IMO.

peace

Trying yes, but I wouldn't have it any other way.

I am wearing a Bills sweatshirt today. Luckily, there is more to being a Bills fan than winning football games.  :doh:

65875[/snapback]

You know what I have been down all day, thinking pessimistic over and over again...but hearing this fires me up and makes me realize no matter what, we should be proud Bills fans :D

We will win, and the only way you'll come to appreciate the 13-3 season is to have lived through the 3-13s.

You know what might pick you up a bit? Try hitting on one of those old ladies walking on the other side of the street. :D

65877[/snapback]

I think on Sunday mornings Im just going to wake up and hit myself in the nuts with a hammer. Instead of waiting for the Bills to kick me in the nuts later in the afternoon. :doh:

You know what might pick you up a bit? Try hitting on one of those old ladies walking on the other side of the street. :D

65877[/snapback]

the thing is LA, not only have we had our share of 3-13's we have also been oh so painfully close......agggghhhh, nevermind I get too pissed thinking about this stevestojan. :doh:

You know what I have been down all day, thinking pessimistic over and over again...but hearing this fires me up and makes me realize no matter what, we should be proud Bills fans  :doh:

65882[/snapback]

Call me idealistic (imagine that :D ), but I think that Bills fans are different. We have never won the big prize, but we are still here, are we not? We will B word and moan, second guess professional coaches and GMs, but give up? Not ever.

Through TSW, I have got to meet some of the nicest people and smartest fans of any team in any sport. On Halloween (for consecutive year #11), I will be crying the blues once again in Lot 1/Pole 5, but win or lose, I will have partied with some old friends, and perhaps some new ones.

Bob Lamb is coming to the game. I have not seen him since he moved to San Diego. That alone is great, now throw in the regualr gang and I will be in a state of utter glee. My friends and I are 7-3 at RWS. We will at least beat the Cards, you can lay the points.

GO BILLS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

65866[/snapback]

No offense, but it sounds like you have a case of skewed priorities.

All the Bills really owe us is entertainment, and these close games are nothing if not entertaining. After that 2nd TD and the lead, who wasn't excited and jumping around?

Even if they lose, it's OK to have fun and enjoy yourself. Lord knows I do. Besides, what in your life really changes when they win? Does your boss give you a raise after each win? The kids clean their room when the Bills win? Seriously. It just doesn't matter in the big scheme of things.

No offense, but it sounds like you have a case of skewed priorities.

All the Bills really owe us is entertainment, and these close games are nothing if not entertaining.  After that 2nd TD and the lead, who wasn't excited and jumping around?

Even if they lose, it's OK to have fun and enjoy yourself.  Lord knows I do.  Besides, what in your life really changes when they win?  Does your boss give you a raise after each win?  The kids clean their room when the Bills win?  Seriously.  It just doesn't matter in the big scheme of things.

65917[/snapback]

This isn't the Buffalo Philharmonic Orchestra

:doh::lol::D

This isn't the Buffalo Philharmonic Orchestra

:doh:  :lol:  :D

65924[/snapback]

No, it isn't.

But professional authors, actors, musicians and athletes are entertainers all the same. We pay to watch, be entertained, and (some of us manage to) have fun.

The worst part about it is that football season is so short and exciting, and when you make all the moves we have over the last few years and things look like they are turning for the better it gets you excited and thinking it may be the year of the Bills.

Then to have a quick death like this just ruins it, now we are stuck waiting until September again for another crack at success. I like every sport there is, but football is my favorite and having the Bills suck so badly for the last five years just eats me to no end.

It's hard because you care. I know, I'm right there with you. I must check this stinkin board two dozen time a day year round. Always searching for info, always hoping that the next free agent or draft pick will put us over the top.

You wait all off season following every move, you froth at the thought of camp starting and the season gets here and four weeks in we been evicerated four times.

It hurts cause we care!