Everyone says Drew played well yesterday

This is what i've been saying for the past, oh, 28 games.

Drew's sack with 50 seconds on the clock is a perfect example of this. With Brady or Pennington back there, we win that game with a FG. The one thing you DON"T DO is take a sack in that situation. But Drew's pocket presence, which used to be excellent years ago, is just not there.

Drew Bledsoe is a liability because he's easy to defend, has proven over two years that he cannot beat the things that teams try to do to him, and he simply does not see the field the way a QB should.

65191[/snapback]

Bingo! Insert sound of hammer squarely striking nail head... B)

And is there a single honest Bills Fan on this board that can say he did not have a strong feeling that Bledsoe would be Sacked at least once on that last drive? Well...I knew it was coming...and it came, as expected... :doh:

I agree with john in the fact that you knew a sack was coming...in that situation, the QB has to do something, anything besides take the sack...yes it was our lines fault for not blocking too, but Drew CANNOT take a sack in that situation...

I agree with john in the fact that you knew a sack was coming...in that situation, the QB has to do something, anything besides take the sack...yes it was our lines fault for not blocking too, but Drew CANNOT take a sack in that situation...

65652[/snapback]

Would you have preferred that he fumble or throw a pick like Pennington did trying to avoid a sack earlier? What they should have done was call a timeout after the sack or after Shaw got the first down. We ended up using that TO for no reason at all when there was 2 second left and the clock was stopped anyway as the preceding pass was an incompletion. All the good it did us was give us more time to think about how to run the hail mary on the last play. If we used it after the sack or after Shaw's catch, we would have had 30 or 40 seconds left with a first down at midfield needing only one decent completion of 15-20 yars to have a shot.

Everyone is all over Drew for that sack and how many posts have you seen regarding this terrible mistake in clock management? This board is obsessed with blaming everything on Bledsoe, everything. Drew wanted to get that ball away but he didn't even have a chance to rooster his arm, the rush was there in a heartbeat and there was no place to step up. It was a sack or lose the ball while trying to unload it in traffic. He took that sack with over 40 seconds left, if they call timeout after that or after the Shaw catch they were still in the hunt for a FG.

You know - if the single most element for success in today's NFL is mobility, than I say let's ship Drew to China. But right now, without an O-line, I still maintain Drew gives us our best chance to win. Crazy? Maybe. Right now the coaches are not adjusting our game plans to give our best players a chance.

I had an epiphany with that quote from Ralph in today's reports. We simply are not a smash mouth type team right now. If anything, we're a down the field/short possesion team. Similar to the K-Gun era - except we had a genius of an OC. At the beginning of each series the O-line has to be convinced to protect for 3-4 plays so that Drew can throw standing up.

That also means less opportunity for f-ups by everyone concerned. That long ball to Evans for a TD energized everyone on the team. I mean I actually saw Sam Adams making plays. Psychologically or functionally - that did something for the team.

I'm not saying pass on 3rd and inches but it's time to take the shackles off and let Drew be a gun slinger again. I think he can make better decisions and better throws if they just give him an average of 3-4 seconds.

I think our base personnel on offense should be:

Bledsoe

Moulds

Evans

Euhus/Shaw/Aiken

Campbell/Neufeld

McGahee/Henry

I think if Euhus is used wisely he can be a surprise element in our O. They won't know if he's blocking or catching. I think it's sad how underutilized our TEs are right now. They could be such a big factor. Especially since Drew has to unload so quick.

I don't think Losman should start until our season is lost. I realize everybody is enamored with Rothlesberger's success right now. But he is the exception to the rule.

I also don't want JP out there getting killed before this line has gelled.

Charles