The Bills should start using 6 OL

nobody

That might be the only way for the line to stop the rush for more then a second.  Play 2WR, 1 TE, 1 RB and 6 OL sets for most plays.  Replace a WR or the TE for downs where you want a FB.

65043[/snapback]

I don't know about that, you still need to find 6 people on this team who can block.

I don't know about that, you still need to find 6 people on this team who can block.

65059[/snapback]

If we can't find 5 guys that can block, how do we get to 6?

6 OL & 1 TE - so that's a total of 7 players blocking an average of 4 defensive rushers. That almost gets it to the 2 blockers for every rusher that this team needs to maintain to give Drew maybe his 4 seconds or to make a hole for the RB to find.

Guest Guest_MacDaddy_*

Better yet, just replace DB w/ yet another O-lineman. Hike the ball directly to TH and he an either run or toss it away. At least it's 2-3 yards or an incomplete pass. No negative yardage!

Oh no... That would just mix them up. 7 blocking 4??? "Hey, I thought you had him." or "My guy went the other way." Forget about it. I was thinking that putting blue velcro on their jerseys next week and sticking their shoulders together might help. At least the defense would have a longer way to run to get to Bledsoe.

6 OL & 1 TE - so that's a total of 7 players blocking an average of 4 defensive rushers.  That almost gets it to the 2 blockers for every rusher that this team needs to maintain to give Drew maybe his 4 seconds or to make a hole for the RB to find.

65241[/snapback]

The offensive line has played well this year IMO. Drews immobility and slow decision making magnifys any flaws. Its the NFL- most any team can bring heat. It is much easier to replace one QB then a whole entire offensive line. I bet our line looks 10 times better when JP is back there