Fellow Rush fans

BillsFanNC

The new Rush album, Snakes & Arrows will hit stores on 5/1. You can hear a short clip of the first single "Far Cry" at Rush.com. Sounds quite interesting.

A little short. Can't gather enough from it. I gotta say anything after 1981-3 their production is far too slick for my tastes. I was watching the live show they just put out and I liked everything but the drums which were excessively huge sounding. On those old records things are much tighter and more understated. Just my preference. I'll listen just to hear how things sound though.

A little short. Can't gather enough from it. I gotta say anything after 1981-3 their production is far too slick for my tastes. I was watching the live show they just put out and I liked everything but the drums which were excessively huge sounding. On those old records things are much tighter and more understated. Just my preference. I'll listen just to hear how things sound though.

I have to agree about the slick production. My least favorite era is probably from Power Windows through Roll The Bones. I think they then became a little less polished sounding with Counterparts and Test For Echo. When they came back from a long hiatus in 2002 with Vapor Trails, I think one of their all time best albums song-wise was ruined by sh------- production / engineering. They have a new producer this time around, apparently this guy produced some of the Foo Fighters albums. We'll see, but as you said that clip is far too short to make any judgments.

Sweet that means another tour is likely...

Rumored early tour dates:

Jun. 13 - Nashville, TN @ Starwood Amphitheater

Jun. 15 - West Palm Beach, FL @ Sound Advice Amphitheater

Jun. 16 - Tampa, FL @ Ford Amphitheater @ Florida State Fairgrounds

Jun. 18 - Atlanta, GA @ HiFi Buys Amphitheater

Jun. 19 - Charlotte, NC @ Verizon Wireless Amphitheater

Jun. 27 - Mansfield, MA @ Tweeter Center

Jul. 02 - Wantaugh, NY @ Jones Beach Amphitheater

Jul. 04 - Darien Lake, NY @ Six Flags

Jul. 07 - Homdel, NJ @ PNC Arts Center

• 4 weeks later...
Rumored early tour dates:

Jun. 13 - Nashville, TN @ Starwood Amphitheater

Jun. 15 - West Palm Beach, FL @ Sound Advice Amphitheater

Jun. 16 - Tampa, FL @ Ford Amphitheater @ Florida State Fairgrounds

Jun. 18 - Atlanta, GA @ HiFi Buys Amphitheater

Jun. 19 - Charlotte, NC @ Verizon Wireless Amphitheater

Jun. 27 - Mansfield, MA @ Tweeter Center

Jul. 02 - Wantaugh, NY @ Jones Beach Amphitheater

Jul. 04 - Darien Lake, NY @ Six Flags

Jul. 07 - Homdel, NJ @ PNC Arts Center

Jun. 30 - Saratoga, NY @ Saratoga Performing Arts Center

• 3 weeks later...
I just heard on the radio that they added a date for the Alltel Pavilion in Raleigh too. Tickets go on sale this weekend!! I'm there.... :thumbsup:

Do presale if you can - the last 2 times I've bought through presale I got 2nd row and 4th row.

I don't think I can see them any other way now...

Full review of Snakes and Arrows.

Nothing concentrates the mind better than having to review a new Rush album after just one solitary play. And after this playback at Atlantic Records HQ in Kensington I was left breathless, if not stunned by the sheer power of an album that stylistically throws in the proverbial kitchen sink.

• 3 weeks later...
Rush's only flaw is the drumming. Very sub-par, imo. :worthy: Who the hell is Neil Peart, anyway?

:lol:

To be truthful, it's the drum sounds that make the new stuff all but unlistenable for me. But then again, I've said that already in this thread and I don't want to be perceived as crusading.

Listen to 2112. Drums don't have to sound like the boomy kettles of the Gods to sound good. And with a three-piece it's just way out of balance if they're so overstated. OK, now I'm crusading.

Me :lol: Geddy! Nice find :worthy:

Ged on the fretless bass and Neil on the five piece kit, how cool is that?

Btw, it sounds compressed because someone taped it from a radio station in Europe that played it mistakenly. I believe and hope the CD version will be much cleaner.

Ged on the fretless bass and Neil on the five piece kit, how cool is that?

Btw, it sounds compressed because someone taped it from a radio station in Europe that played it mistakenly. I believe and hope the CD version will be much cleaner.

Many complained about Vapor Trails being very poorly mastered/mixed so I sure hope that's cleaned up on S&A