What changes would you make at this point?

Frez

If you were Mike Mularkey what changes would you make at this point in time?

1. Willis would start

2. More throws to Lee Evans

What else can you do? <_<

64732[/snapback]

Steal Drews alarm clock and set the alarm for when Losman is ready.

1. Willis would start

64732[/snapback]

1. I'd stay stick with TH to open the game, but Willis is heading in the right direction, so I'd use him for a change-of-pace, since he and TH have two different running styles. Doing so could, IMO, slow the DL & LBs and force a more conservative D game plan from our opponents. Straight ahead power and a slashing cut-back runner being rotated could help open some running lanes.

2. Arbitrarily throwing to Evans? I know you don't mean that DB should throw his way if he's doubled, or just plain not getting separation. But has he been? I dunno', that's what sucks about watching the game on TV, you can only see what they show you, and you never see the big picture (ie, seeing man vs zone, whether the safeties are cheating to one side or up at the line, etc). But I'm hoping they find a way to get the ball in his hands more often, which I believe is what you meant

3. I'd open up the playbook for playcalling. The 3rd and long run that Willis had for a first was a ballsy call, and one that, had it not worked, would have forced some here to go on suicide watch. I'm glad it worked out, but I'd spread the field a bit and then start slamming a healthy dose of TH and WM. And every time they cheat and crowd the line, I'd go upstairs. 'Course, all that's easier said than done.

I think I would play more max-protect schemes on offense. I would run 2 tight ends, 2 wides and McGahee. Our offensive line is probably the worst in the league so you've got to give them some help even against fewer rushers. I'd throw a lot more to the TE's in the middle, run regularly out of this formation, and take a couple shots deep with play action.

Not real exciting ball I know. There would be lots of 3 and outs. But if you get anything resembling a running game then you force more guys ito the box and can take some deeper shots.

RunTheBall

For one thing, I would try to get Edwards into the mix a little more. Big Sam and PW are good, but we need at least SOME pass rush from the DT position.

Who knows how healthy MaGahee is, but if he is OK, he should be in there. I think that we have seen just about enough of Travis.

As long as we start Drew I'd shore up the offensive line, put in the best blocking tight end available and put in a blocking back. Further, I'd go more to the running game to increase time of possession and we seem to be a little better on the running game than the passing game. The nice thing is we have long bomb receivers in Evans and Moulds. Screen passes to try and keep open season on the qb a little more chanllenging. After Abraham's performance every defensive lineman in the league will be listening to his agent rather than his coacha and concentrating on sacking Bledsoe.

For one thing, I would try to get Edwards into the mix a little more. Big Sam and PW are good, but we need at least SOME pass rush from the DT position.

Who knows how healthy MaGahee is, but if he is OK, he should be in there. I think that we have seen just about enough of Travis.

64758[/snapback]

I'm not so sure PW is "good". When was the last time you saw him make a tackle or blow up a play. Good DT's distrupt the other teams offensive line, Pat is just another guy they have to block.

With that said, what the hell got into Sam Adams yesterday? He was all over the field.

1. Willis would start

64732[/snapback]

All I can say at this point is to stay the course. Hope that L M is ready to come back for the saftey position and open the offense to a 4 wide set and this will open up the running game. I would mix and match the 4 wide to down and distince by using TE's and other combinations like RB's as WR's in some cases. Also I would use the No-huddle just a little bit more to give the O- line the advantage over the D-line.

Go for it we are ALMOST out of it now. We have nothing to lose by opening up the offense. At this point I think the players do not believe they can win and to get that attitude to change you have to change the tempo of the team so that they start playing more relaxed.

1. Willis would start

64732[/snapback]

No more "smash-mouth", conservative play.

3 WR sets with Evans, Moulds, and Shaw (goodbye Josh)

Open everything up.

Without a Ben Coates at TE, this is the only way to win with Drew.

Willis, Willis, Willis.

Marcus Price at RT, MW gets ready for OG

(assuming JJ wretched play was due to the concussion)

Cut Wire, bench Prioleau, and make TD get a real vet safety (best available).

1. Willis would start

64732[/snapback]

I would throw the ball down field more and take my chances dealing with the lack of protection. I would use a lot of max protect schemes and hope Evans and Moulds can beat the coverage. Bledsoe is a long ball QB, we need to stop trying to make him into something he is not. He is not Trent Dilfer or Vinny or Chad Pennington. He isn't going to dink and dunk his way down the field and not necessarily because he can't but because this offense can't avoid drive killing mistakes for long. The dink and dunk approach means you have to nudge the ball forward in small increments so the drives typically involve more plays. Each play is another opportunity for us to miss a block or get hit with a penalty be it a personal foul or a hold. With this line, we are not able to overcome those kinds of setbacks. Better to try and hit some long balls on first down. They don't have to be 50 yarders every time but we do need to start stretching the defense.

I know, I know, the line stinks and we will probably give up lots of sacks but heck, playing the power game with short passes has led to plenty of sacks anyway. That style has probably kept these games close, allowing the defense to play its game by avoiding turnovers that give up the short field. The problem is though that we just aren't scoring. Sure the game is close but we are losing just the same. We need to stop playing scared and let Drew try and do what he is best at, going long. You would be amazed at how much the run game will open up a little if you start hitting a few 15 and 20 yard tosses early in the game.

Lee Evans and Eric Moulds could be one scary pair for a defense to have to deal with. Lets use them for goodness sakes.

I think the Bledsoe critics may be the authors of their own doom. By complaining about his shortcomings so much, we have robbed him and the team of what he does well. We have the guy playing scared, throwing only when there is no choice and everybody, including the defense, knows it. No defense in this league is so bad that you can basically tell them you are running or passing ahead of time and expect that they will not be able to stop you. Let Drew crank it. How much more evidence do we need that he can still drop the ball on a dime from 50 yards? That is why we brought him in to town, because of that great long ball arm of his, not to have him imitate Trent Dilfer.

1. I would make Willis and Travis co-starters and alternate them at opertuine times. I would rely more on pitch-out plays to the backs to shake up the defense.

2. I would start Evans.

3. I would hold practice on the next day-off and concentrate. on pass blocking by the backs and tight ends as well as our lazy assed lineman.

4. As soon as JP Losman is ready I would have him "spell" Drew a few times. If Drew didn't get the message, I would sit him down in mid game.

5. I would cut Coy and Josh Reed. I'd be proud to have them as sons-in-laws but they are not good enough to be Bills.

6. I would pay players a bounty for turnovers. I would fine for bone head penalties and messed up plays. If they persist I

would consider muder.

GO BILLS!! ENOUGH OF THIS ****!!!