Gotta bring this up

generaLee83

First off I'm not some flag waving nazi overly patriotic american.

Second I was completely sober for the entire game.

But didn't Billy Joel miss a line of the National Anthem?

Didn't he forget the part "O'er the ramparts we watched" ??

CBS/NFL probably wrote that verse "out" so they could squeeze another $$$million$$$ or so in TV commercial time.

I didn't realize that if you're a flag waving patriot you can be compared to a Nazi.

What is this country coming to?

This is what the Liberals want us to believe.

I didn't realize that if you're a flag waving patriot you can be compared to a Nazi.

yeah thats funny I caught that too. Patriot=Nazi? Odd

Billy Joel's rendition was just plain awful.

Billy Joel raced through the national anthem as if he was driving in the Indy 500. He took 1 minute and 31 seconds to sing it, 13 seconds short. His voice is also bad bad bad.

Couldn't they bring Whitney back now that she's divorced her crack head dealer and in recovery.

Nah, you got it all wrong. The conservatives want us to believe that the liberals want us to believe that the conservatives want us to believe that the liberals want us to believe that if you're a patriot you can be compared to a Nazi.

:rolleyes:

Either that or the poster meant to imply he's not ones of those fanatic, "overly-patriotic" folks who get excessively worked up over perceived slights to any symbol of America, and who can be compared to Nazi's (in terms of zealotry, mostly, rather than murderous tendencies, although there have been a few...)

Either that or the poster meant to imply he's not ones of those fanatic, "overly-patriotic" folks who get excessively worked up over perceived slights to any symbol of America, and who can be compared to Nazi's (in terms of zealotry, mostly, rather than murderous tendencies, although there have been a few...)

Thank you Wraith

what is wrong with the 1930 NAZI Party??

Billy Joel's rendition was just plain awful.

Billy Joel raced through the national anthem as if he was driving in the Indy 500. He took 1 minute and 31 seconds to sing it, 13 seconds short. His voice is also bad bad bad.

Couldn't they bring Whitney back now that she's divorced her crack head dealer and in recovery.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=98HKmPFqFYw

he didn't miss any lyrics, but yeah, it was out of tune and poorly done

Whitney's version, while fantastic, was prerecorded and lip-synced at the Super Bowl

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Performances_...Spangled_Banner

Houston performed "The Star Spangled Banner" at Super Bowl XXV in 1991, using a pre-recorded version of the song.

As opposed to those with the 10,000 extra notes that last 14 minutes longer than the original version. :rolleyes:

Yeah, the Liberals want to make all Americans feel like Nazis.

I see that I've started a political debate here, dividing 'liberals' and 'conservatives'

This was not my intention.

My level of patriotism is very balanced.

There are good things about this country and there are bad things, you enjoy the good while trying to improve the bad.

My point in the 'Nazi' remark was that I didn't want anyone on this board to accidentally perceive me as someone who spends ALL of their free time acting as some sort of patriotism watchdog, looking to judge everyone else based on their level of expressed patriotism and then express extreme hatred towards those who choose to dissent.

The 'Nazi' remark was more to illustrate the level of zeal that some possess when dealing with issues.

To all 'liberals' and 'conservatives (I consider myself neither) there are zealots on every level, left or right and whoever they are they make ALL of us look quite stupid.