fire Modrak

bluenews

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Jesus....where do I begin

- I assume it is "Whitner needs to play more physicl and Simpson has been a suprise"....they were NOT starters by default at least Ko Simpson was not....we had a veteran player at tht spot and released him to bring up Simpson to get him on the field this year......it is very had for rookie players to come in and make an immediate impact yet we had rookie starters all over the place......hopefully when you see how good those 2 are going to be next year you will come back and let it be known you were mistaken.

- McCargo was in a rotation of DT's that was ranked 29th in the NFL....if you are going to blame McCargo then you also have to blame Tripplett as well....it was also their first year in that defensive scheme. I thought that McCargo was just starting to make a contribution when he got hurt......you cannot evaluate him because he didn't play the whole year AND DT is a very hard position to come in and dominate as a rookie....I can name SEVERAL high 1st round pick DT's that did not come in and immediately dominate as rookies.

- I dont have an answer for why Yobuty didn't play but I can tell you that he was in the top 3 of every draft rag I had entering that draft and was projected as a 1st round pick in every one of them. Since he did not play we cannot evaluate him yet.

Kyle Williams.....once again....you give a TEAM stat on run stopping and then you evaluate Kyle Williams......you evalute a rookie at a position where it is hard to dominate AND you blame him for the run stopping numbers of the team as a whole......he was the hardest working, toughest, most hustle DT we had on the team

Keith Ellison came in and flat out made plays......quite frankly he outplayed Takeo Spikes in many of the games. The NFL is full of late round pick that outplay expectations!!! See rush per attempt info above. So what is your point here? Drafts are evaluated as a WHOLE not the first, second, and third round picks......how can you evaluate a draft unless you evaluate ALL of the picks......

Terrance Pennington made most fans wipe RT off their shopping list....not bad for a late late round pick

And this draft was BAD? if you want to build your offensive line through seventh round picks and undrafted rookies because your first and secondlineman have been busts!!!....So...is your real beef the McCargo pick? Once again drafts are evaluated as a WHOLE and not just your 1st and 2nd rounds. Terrance Pennington showed very much like Jason Peters showed when he got on the field as a OL.....he didn't embarris himself and has lots of room to improve.

I have seen drafts by the bills that would def be considered a bad draft that can set the team back for years.....(The Eric Flowers draft for instance) This was NOT one of them

Jesus....where do I begin

- I assume it is "Whitner needs to play more physicl and Simpson has been a suprise"....they were NOT starters by default at least Ko Simpson was not....we had a veteran player at tht spot and released him to bring up Simpson to get him on the field this year......it is very had for rookie players to come in and make an immediate impact yet we had rookie starters all over the place......hopefully when you see how good those 2 are going to be next year you will come back and let it be known you were mistaken.

- McCargo was in a rotation of DT's that was ranked 29th in the NFL....if you are going to blame McCargo then you also have to blame Tripplett as well....it was also their first year in that defensive scheme. I thought that McCargo was just starting to make a contribution when he got hurt......you cannot evaluate him because he didn't play the whole year AND DT is a very hard position to come in and dominate as a rookie....I can name SEVERAL high 1st round pick DT's that did not come in and immediately dominate as rookies.

- I dont have an answer for why Yobuty didn't play but I can tell you that he was in the top 3 of every draft rag I had entering that draft and was projected as a 1st round pick in every one of them. Since he did not play we cannot evaluate him yet.

Kyle Williams.....once again....you give a TEAM stat on run stopping and then you evaluate Kyle Williams......you evalute a rookie at a position where it is hard to dominate AND you blame him for the run stopping numbers of the team as a whole......he was the hardest working, toughest, most hustle DT we had on the team

Keith Ellison came in and flat out made plays......quite frankly he outplayed Takeo Spikes in many of the games. The NFL is full of late round pick that outplay expectations!!! See rush per attempt info above. So what is your point here? Drafts are evaluated as a WHOLE not the first, second, and third round picks......how can you evaluate a draft unless you evaluate ALL of the picks......

Terrance Pennington made most fans wipe RT off their shopping list....not bad for a late late round pick

And this draft was BAD? if you want to build your offensive line through seventh round picks and undrafted rookies because your first and secondlineman have been busts!!!....So...is your real beef the McCargo pick? Once again drafts are evaluated as a WHOLE and not just your 1st and 2nd rounds. Terrance Pennington showed very much like Jason Peters showed when he got on the field as a OL.....he didn't embarris himself and has lots of room to improve.

I have seen drafts by the bills that would def be considered a bad draft that can set the team back for years.....(The Eric Flowers draft for instance) This was NOT one of them

I did evaluate the entire draft class for 2007.....should we move into the free agent signing so I can butter both sides of your waffle, sorry< responses!!!

ps...what is your son's fastest 40 time?

maybe they should have asked their OL coach what attributes hew valued in a player.

too much arrogance in the front office and not enougn communication with the guys coaching the players.

This is the biggest improvement Marv has made in getting everyone on the same page.

As simple as that. Great post obi wan.

fyi Jim McNally was against the "Jason Peters" project. Didn't think the kid could do it and #71 proved many other coaches WRONG!!

Are you sure about that? I remember McNally saying, last offseason IIRC, that Peters was the best project he ever had because of talent and size.

Me? I'm just sitting here waiting for you to let me know where we went wrong in the draft and who we could have drafted that would have elevated the number of games we won this year.

You are obviously failing at that as well..........

You are obviously failing at that as well..........

That comment makes absolutely no sense, which shouldn't surprise me since you obviously don't have anything to back up your comments.

I'll leave you be, and the next time I see you make a claim, I'll realize it's probably just as empty as the ones you made here, and ignore it.

That comment makes absolutely no sense, which shouldn't surprise me since you obviously don't have anything to back up your comments.

I'll leave you be, and the next time I see you make a claim, I'll realize it's probably just as empty as the ones you made here, and ignore it.

RMPL What's done is done!! The Bills haven't made the playoff in along time and won't until they can play some defense!!! The coaching staff is doing as well as they with the talent around them.

So what is your opinion on Nate Clements?? Sign or Let Go?

I did evaluate the entire draft class for 2007.....should we move into the free agent signing so I can butter both sides of your waffle, sorry< responses!!!

ps...what is your son's fastest 40 time?

It sounds like you are just evaluating the 1-3rd rounds.....seriously.

My 15 year old son (birthday was today) fastest time was a 4.9 40....and he is now on the "Lifting board" at his high school for max in bench as a freshman that is usually reserved for senior players

I'm 100% correct!!!!

You're wrong!!!

In November of his rookie season Peters began working at offensive tackle with offensive line coach Jim McNally while making contributions on Sundays on special teams.

McNally has called Peters one of the most athletic offensive linemen he has ever coached, putting his athletic ability on a par with Hall of Fame Cincinnati tackle Anthony Munoz

You're wrong!!!

In November of his rookie season Peters began working at offensive tackle with offensive line coach Jim McNally while making contributions on Sundays on special teams.

McNally has called Peters one of the most athletic offensive linemen he has ever coached, putting his athletic ability on a par with Hall of Fame Cincinnati tackle Anthony Munoz

and Willis loves Buffalo and WNY. Consider the source and article was written 2 years after Jason was drafted. Everyone wants to claim credit now!!!!