Bledsoe...what a great team guy...

LabattBlue

What a dick. Get the F**K out of the NFL if you can't be an asset to a team as a backup, go to Montana and hopefully never be heard from again. :(

December 10, 2006, 08:31

Cowboys :: QB

QB Maddox Works Out For Cowboys

Mac Engel, Clarence E. Hill Jr., Fort Worth Star-Telegram - [Full Article]

The Cowboys brought in NFL veteran QB Tommy Maddox for a workout, according to a source. It may be an attempt by HC Bill Parcells to motivate backup QB Drew Bledsoe, or simply an effort to add depth. Parcells has said he is concerned about Bledsoe, and that he is not comfortable with #3 QB Matt Baker playing. Earlier in the week Parcells expressed concern about Bledsoe, and his preparation since being demoted.

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bledsoe is a kitty. When he went down to injury in 2001, he had a case for why he should have gotten his starting job back later in the year. Obviously the Pats made the right decision (one of the greatest decisions in their history...makes me want to vomit), but you could still make a case for Drew. But now he's been replaced by young, unproven QBs THREE DAMN TIMES. He throws red zone pics as often or more than he throws redzone TDs.

How does this most recent incident put all this into even clearer perspective? Cause it shows just how much of a 'me' guy Bledsoe is. He acts like he just can't BELIEVE that he's lost his job not once, not twice, but three times. When he went to Dallas he acted like the Pats, Bills, and everyone else in the league was just crazy for not keeping him around. And now, even when the guy who DRAFTED him demotes him for another unproven guy, Bledsoe apparently still can't see it.

Instead of maybe getting a clue and realizing that you're not the best option for the team right now - a team that is paying you MILLIONS of dollars - he sulks and becomes apathetic. If Drew can't have his wittle starting job back, he takes his ball and goes home.....he's a fuggin LOSER and if he ever gets a sniff of the HOF, it will be an embarrassment and an insult to all the other great QBs who have been deservingly inducted.

If Drew isn't going to prepare himself and do what's best for the team, then he should quit stealing Jerry Jones' money, resign, and go home.

No surprise at all, I hope Al Michaels and John Madden further humiliate him during tonight's game.

And Fez, I will let you off the hook for our bet if you will post in this thread & admit that I am right and you are wrong about Drew. :(

No surprise at all, I hope Al Michaels and John Madden further humiliate him during tonight's game.

And Fez, I will let you off the hook for our bet if you will post in this thread & admit that I am right and you are wrong about Drew. :(

861603[/snapback]

Nope, I"m still in it. $5 for a chance to get $50 is worth it to me. :doh:

Nope, I"m still in it.  $5 for a chance to get $50 is worth it to me. :beer:

861633[/snapback]

$5 for $50 ?!?!? You better check your old pm's. :beer:

Will Drew be a first ballot Hall of Famer?  Ummm, probably.

My $100 against your $10 that this doesn't happen.

As I posted in the forums, you're on. And don't think that I'll forget in 6-10 years!

CW

Deal! 0:)

:angry:

Don't worry about turning the page.  The book on Bledsoe is nearly finished. :nana:

862796[/snapback]

:thumbsup:

The problem I was having was how sticky some of the pages were.....

How does this most recent incident put all this into even clearer perspective? Cause it shows just how much of a 'me' guy Bledsoe is. He acts like he just can't BELIEVE that he's lost his job not once, not twice, but three times.

861587[/snapback]

That is why I couldn't believe the way TD handled him and Travis Henry. Here was Travis Henry who did such a fantastic job for this team for 3 years and he was held like a prisoner to get a draft choice from another team. And then Losman is preferred over Bledsoe and TD releases him the next day for FREE so that he can sign with another team as a starter. What Double standards.

That is why I couldn't believe the way TD handled him and Travis Henry.  Here was Travis Henry who did such a fantastic job for this team for 3 years and he was held like a prisoner to get  a draft choice from another team. And then Losman is preferred over Bledsoe and TD releases him the next day for FREE so that he can sign with another team as a starter.  What Double standards.

862950[/snapback]

Travis was worth something in return :(

I am not sure why this is so surprising or that this is such a black mark on Bledsoe's character.

The guy was drafted #1, started right away and has never been a backup for more than half a season. Human nature is that people hate demotions far more than they like promotions.

I think lot of people when demoted at their job would have a hard time being motivated especially if they are very self-confident and have been a higher-up for a long time.

The fact that he is well-situated financially makes it even harder for him to push himself.

I am not sure why this is so surprising or that this is such a black mark on Bledsoe's character.

The guy was drafted #1, started right away and has never been a backup for more than half a season. Human nature is that people hate demotions far more than they like promotions.

I think lot of people when demoted at their job would have a hard time being motivated especially if they are very self-confident and have been a higher-up for a long time.

The fact that he is well-situated financially makes it even harder for him to push himself.

863117[/snapback]

Just because something is difficult, or we may not 'like to do it', isn't a good excuse. If you're a mature professional, you get it done anyway.

Just because something is difficult, or we may not 'like to do it', isn't a good excuse. If you're a mature professional, you get it done anyway.

863143[/snapback]

Of course this is also based on some Parcells tweaking. Remember how much he still tweaks Romo? Who knows how bad it actually is.