Rich Rodriguez might be going to Alabama

IBTG81

WTF...Alabama stations are repoting all over the place that he is about to sign a 7 year, 21 million dollar deal. RR denies it, but is holding a mandatory team meeting tomorrow.

This can only help RU!! (My luck it will be Schiano's last game too!) :D

WTF...Alabama stations are repoting all over the place that he is about to sign a 7 year, 21 million dollar deal. RR denies it, but is holding a mandatory team meeting tomorrow.

This can only help RU!! (My luck it will be Schiano's last game too!)  :D

853950[/snapback]

For what it's worth:

A Statement from Mal Moore, Director of Athletics

Release: 12/01/2006

TUSCALOOSA, Ala. – University of Alabama Director of Athletics Mal Moore released this afternoon the following statement regarding the status of the search for a new head football coach:

“While I remain committed to not engaging in a lengthy public dialogue on the progress of our search for a new head football coach, I want all of our fans and supporters to know that we appreciate and understand the tremendous interest in this process.

“I am very pleased with where we are in this search. I know there have been many rumors speculating about candidates and timelines and, while I won’t get into specifics of who we are interested in, I want everyone to understand that we have not contacted any college coaches who have not yet completed their regular seasons.

“While I do recognize the need to get a head football coach hired soon, I am less concerned with following a timeline than I am about making sure we hire the right person for the job.”

The most interesting phrase:

"I want everyone to understand that we have not contacted any college coaches who have not yet completed their regular seasons."

Unless I'm mistaken, WVU has completed it's "regular season".

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.