Well.....I will admit it....I was advocating

of this season.....

I said it....I have to stick by it.....

I was all for a move to take Teague out and insert Tucker into the center position......I thought he did very well when called upon last week....but this week will see if my theory is correct......

Even as well as Tre has played I still see room for improvement (especially in run blocking) in the middle of this line......

To me it looks like our backs have to run at the "edges" of the D Line in order to get anything going.......my theory of Tucker being a bigger, heavier, nastier player but smart I thought would make him ideal for the position.....

Tucker has the tools to handle the monsters that hang out in the middle nowadays.......but I guess we will find out on Sunday.....

I agree, teague is too small to play center, where tucker is bigger and has MUCH better balance he isn't fast and may not reach the linebackers, in Pass protection he anchors well, and when running he moves DTs a little better, teague is a wall off style blocker. which doesn't work well on the inside.

of this season.....

I was all for a move to take Teague out and insert Tucker into the center position......I thought he did very well when called upon last week....but this week will see if my theory is correct......

Even as well as Tre has played I still see room for improvement (especially in run blocking) in the middle of this line......

To me it looks like our backs have to run at the "edges" of the D Line in order to get anything going.......my theory of Tucker being a bigger, heavier, nastier player but smart I thought would make him ideal for the position.....

Tucker has the tools to handle the monsters that hang out in the middle nowadays.......but I guess we will find out on Sunday.....

60833[/snapback]

I thought he played very well against New England

To me it looks like our backs have to run at the "edges" of the D Line in order to get anything going.......

60833[/snapback]

But this can't be true...because Mike Williams sucks! Name the one starting O-lineman who hasn't been flagged for a penalty yet this year...

As for Tucker, what I'm most concerned about is the blocking calls...our line has had enough probs this year with the blitz without the QB of the line going down.

Hell, I'm mostly concerned about the exchange between Tucker and Bledsoe. I've seen a number of games squandered because the QB had to take the exchange from a new person.

But it'll be nice to see if anything changes with Tucker in there. I remain optimistic.

of this season.....

60833[/snapback]

Well......we will..............you know.....................have to.........................wait...........................and see..........................................................................................................................what happens Sunday...........g......o...........b.i........l....l....s........!

I think Tucker will be fine at center. I guess the one question is whether he would be quick enough. Being a total non-athlete (I never went out for sports in HS because I had bad knees) I can only go by what I hear, but I understand after the snap the center has to be very quick to get in position to take on the defensive tackle, and not everyone can do it. Tucker is supposed to be very smart and he has mean streak, but he's not reputed to be the most athletic guy who ever played offensive lineman. It is a little odd that Teague has this reputation of being too small to play center. The average weight for an NFL center isn't much more than what Teague's listed weight is. Many starting centers are in the 300-305 range. Teague's listed weight on NFL.com is 300. However there are a number of respected, successful starting NFL centers who are smaller and lighter. Dan Koppen of NE weighs 296. Olin Kreutz of Chicago weighs 292. Dallas starter, Matt Lehr is 293. Kevin Mawae, whom the Jets signed a number of years ago specifically to try and better handle then Buffalo DT Ted Washington, weighs 289. Atlanta starter, Todd McClure is listed at 286. So is Denver stalwart, Tom Nalen. Dominic Raiola of Detroit is 295 as is Jeff Saturday of the Colts Seattle center, Robbie Tobeck is 297. John Wade of the Buccaneers is 299. Casey Wiegmann of the Chiefs weighs 285. By my count almost one third of all starting NFL centers has a listed weight less than that of Teague. I don't think you can find a starting center in the NFL whose listed weight exceeds that of Teague by more than 10 lbs. So lets put to rest this myth that Teague is such a lightweight among NFL centers. In view of all the reports we've heard that he's been playing well this year, I think like everyone else on the line he's been starved for good coaching.

BTW, while he spells Teague, Tucker is probably the biggest, heaviest center in the NFL.

I think the reason that centers tend to be sop much lighter than guards is the necessity of getting from the position to make a snap up into the position to block and taking an initial quick step back. It you're too heavy you can't do all of that quick enough to be effective.

Well......we will..............you know.....................have to.........................wait...........................and see..........................................................................................................................what happens Sunday...........g......o...........b.i........l....l....s........!

61074[/snapback]

H.....a.....h.....a.....h.....a.....h.....a.....h.....a.....h.....a.....h.....a.....!.....!.....!.....!.....!.....!.....!