Allen Iverson does a good deed...

IBTG81

From the article

"If they were that serious about that jersey, I would have given them 100 jerseys if they wanted it," Iverson said. "It was just tough, just to see somebody die for something senseless like that, over a jersey, over something material."

Im a big guy, but that type of stuff I really have a soft spot for. Makes me want to cry. :lol:

Ive heard some disheartening stuff about Iverson in the past, but this shows he DOES have a heart.

This story also simply reminds me that your life could end at any minute. Sunday was also another reminder. I went to Blockbuster with some friends after the Bills game and was on our way to Wegmans (We were in the parking lot) to get some food/candy and while driving down a lane, a car struck us in the side ... thankfully no one was injured (other than the car).

"My Savior loves

My Savior LIVES

My Savior is ALWAYS there for me"

"So ill stand, with arms high and heart abandoned

In Awe

Of the one who gave it all"

I was living in Philly when my Sixers drafted him...he's been my favorite player ever since. Iverson is a problem child in a lot of ways, but I don't think he's nearly as bad as he's made out to be. He treats his daughter like a princess and, last I knew, still loved his lady (i.e. he's not off raping strange women in various cities around the country). He's incredibly talented and wants nothing more than to win.

Iverson rules!