Do not put your beer into a fire

stuckincincy

Here's to da yutes of America!

"Man killed by beer keg explosion

NEW MILFORD, Conn. (AP) - Investigators were trying to determine who tossed a beer keg into a burning barrel at a party, causing a deadly explosion that sent metal shards slicing through a crowd of people, police said.

The explosion early Sunday killed Sean Caselli, 22, of New Milford. Seven other people were taken to hospitals with burns and shrapnel wounds, police said. Caselli was struck in the neck by a piece of flying metal. "...

http://cnews.canoe.ca/CNEWS/World/2006/10/23/2105053-ap.html

One of my former coworkers was at a party where someone threw a sealed bottle of beer into a fire. They expected it to explode, but after a few minutes when nothing happened, my coworker approached the fire to see if anything was happening. When his face got close, BOOM, the bottle exploded and sent a shard of glass an inch from his eye. He had to get a bunch of stitches and nobody lets him live it down (in fact I just sent him the link to the article ;) ).

Gotta love intoxicated people.

One of my former coworkers was at a party where someone threw a sealed bottle of beer into a fire.  They expected it to explode, but after a few minutes when nothing happened, my coworker approached the fire to see if anything was happening.  When his face got close, BOOM, the bottle exploded and sent a shard of glass an inch from his eye.  He had to get a bunch of stitches and nobody lets him live it down (in fact I just sent him the link to the article ;) ).

815316[/snapback]

He wasted a sealed bottle of beer?!?! Thats instant karma for you 0:)

I was at a bonfire over the summer and we were putting empty's in the fire trying to melt them (its trickier then you think) But there was no wasting of Beer, putting full ones in is idiotic

815382[/snapback]

I saw that happen once...years ago at a buddie's camp in the Allegheny nat'l forest. A Stroh's empty somehow ended up in the fire and it melted. It probably took hours. Pretty neat.

One of my former coworkers was at a party where someone threw a sealed bottle of beer into a fire.  They expected it to explode, but after a few minutes when nothing happened, my coworker approached the fire to see if anything was happening.  When his face got close, BOOM, the bottle exploded and sent a shard of glass an inch from his eye.  He had to get a bunch of stitches and nobody lets him live it down (in fact I just sent him the link to the article ;) ).

815316[/snapback]

Same thing happened to my ex-brother-in-law's step-brother (for real), he was standing around a fire at a party an some idiot put a beer in the fire and it exploded - except he actually lost eyesight in one eye. He was supposed to have been a great baseball player - pitching prospect - it ended his career.

I saw that happen once...years ago at a buddie's camp in the Allegheny nat'l forest.  A Stroh's empty somehow ended up in the fire and it melted. It probably took hours. Pretty neat.

815526[/snapback]

Actually, the trick is you have to cover it in burning embers or coals to heat the full bottle at a constent heat, otherwise it just cracks and breaks. It can be difficult to get right, we made a couple ashtrays out of them by melting them and forming them with sticks

Actually, the trick is you have to cover it in burning embers or coals to heat the full bottle at a constent heat, otherwise it just cracks and breaks. It can be difficult to get right, we made a couple ashtrays out of them by melting them and forming them with sticks

815899[/snapback]

Yes, I think that was what happened. We noticed it the following morning, a rounded edge sticking out from under the ash that caught the eye.