4 PLAYS CHANGED THIS ENTIRE GAME....

sven233

I am not going to go on a huge rant here because it just is not worth it. The Bears are not as good as they showed today and the Bills are not as bad as they showed in this game.

That said, I do not want to take anything away from Chicago. They played very well, but I feel that the Bills got themselves in trouble early and they were completely messed up after that. I truly believe the next 4 plays killed any chance of the Bills winning today. They all happened VERY EARLY and would have changed the entire game if they execute.

1. JP overthrew Evans in the endzone on the first drive. Evans was open and Losman just missed him. I am not blaming anyone, but the fact is that if we score that TD there, the game is completely different. We would have taken away what the Bears pride themselves most on on the first series of the game. We would have had all the momentum on our side and we would have had the confidence that we could score and that would have carried us through the end of the game. Would have changed the entire game.

2. Not getting the 3rd and inches on that same first drive. As I have been saying all along......and for many years........sometimes you just have to line up and knock someone off the ball. We have an undersized offensive line who just can't muscle up when we need it most. NO EXCUSE FOR NOT PICKING UP 3rd and a foot. Again, if we pick that up, we continue on the drive and probably get some points. Instead, we are stuffed because our O-LINE can't push and few inches and we end up taking a penalty on 4th down and then botch the fake punt. Again, a huge game changing play there that would have probably changed the entire feeling for the Bills and Bears and made this game much more competetive.

3. A dropped INT by Thomas on the Bears first drive. Another mistake that you can't make against teams on the road. He couldn't have asked for an easier pick and he just dropped it. Yeah, the Bears only ended up with 3 on that drive, but it is absolutely a deflating feeling knowing that you did everything right and dropped the easiest INT opportunity you may ever see. In fact, McGee could have caught that as well, but they both end up dropping it. By the way, Thomas dropped another one later in the game. Not a good day for our secondary.

4. Peerless Price dropped a wide open pass that would have gotten us a big first down early in the game. Price ran a great route and Losman hit him perfectly. He just dropped the ball and there went another drive. Several dropped passes today.

Granted, there were a lot of htings that went wrong today. I still say we brought a lot of it on ourselves. We are not good enough to overcome our own dumb mistakes and still beat another team. I think these 4 plays which were very early in the game really messed this team up and they started to press when they didn't have to. They completely left the gameplan they came in with because of these dumb plays and it just snowballed from there. We make the above plays and we might be having a totally different conversation right now.

And finally, this was the worst game I have seen our secondary play in a LONG time. Clemens and McGee were TERRIBLE. Clements couldn't tackle a slug. How many times did he play 10 yards off the receiever, the receiever catch a 3 yard pass and then run by Clements who WAS STANDING COMPLETELY FROZEN waving at the receiever as he went by?!!!!!! Clements may be the worst tackler I have ever seen (yes.....even worse than Primetime). At least Sanders made a play once in a while! Clements is a useless piece of trash right now. And McGee was no better. He gets beat on every double move he sees. Just terrible.

Anyways, I am ready to just move on to Detroit. Another 'MUST-WIN' game early in the year. At least we didn't get beat as bad as the Jets did today!

Those were big plays at the time, but....40-7.  It's not 40-7 if those plays go differnetly but it's not 23-20 either.

799331[/snapback]

How about 27-10?

I do agree with the OP, though, that there was a snowball effect because of the plays the Bills didn't make early on. The 2 dropped ints on Chicago's first two scoring drives were huge IMO. Once Chicago was up 13-0, I thought the stage was set for a complete blowout.

Those were big plays at the time, but....40-7.  It's not 40-7 if those plays go differnetly but it's not 23-20 either.

799331[/snapback]

I never said we would have won the game, but there is no way we get beat by 33 points either. I think if we make this plays, we keep the game competetive instead of it being over by halftime. Those were game changing plays that killed the Bills spirit in this game and killed any hope the Bills had.

You left off the biggest play of the game. The fake punt try blew up in our faces, gave Chicago a short field and momentium.

799335[/snapback]

I mentioned it in point 2. However, where as most fans want to rag on the coaching staff for the playcall, I won't do that. If Moorman is patient, he may still be running because the play was blocked VERY well. But, he left way too early and scred the play up. If he catches the ball and then takes off, the play works, no doubt. So, I will not blame the coaches for that one. You have to execute the play and they botched it from the start. Bad snap and Moorman was too impatient. If they execute it, we may not be having any of this conversation.

Also, you have to remember my first point. If Losman hits Evans in the endzone, the fake punt never happens. Evans was open and you have to make those plays when you get the chance. Of course, when the Bills don't hit that pass, that eventually leads to the fake punt being botched. When it rains, it pours.

I never said we would have won the game, but there is no way we get beat by 33 points either.  I think if we make this plays, we keep the game competetive instead of it being over by halftime.  Those were game changing plays that killed the Bills spirit in this game and killed any hope the Bills had.

799344[/snapback]

I never said you said they would've won the game. I disagree that the game would've been close. It would've been competetive for a while longer....how much longer I don't know, and don't care. All these plays that "kill our spirit" happen to just about every winning team in every game. Nut up and change the momentum - we've mostly done a bad job of that this year. We comitted some bad penalties on the 2nd TD drive last week but nobody cares because we overcame them and scored.

They didn't look like much, but I thought the false start by Jason Peters, followed by the dropped pass by Peerless Price began a self destruct by the Bills which let Chicago gain the momentum that they never let go. That happened on the first drive of the game.

Huh, hmm...

Not taking anything away from the Bears, but earlier you say they are not as good as they played?

Now you are clearly someone who has not seen any highlights, or watched any sports shows.

This is EXACTLY the same game we have played 4 out of 5.

Yeah one could say you missed plays, but making plays, correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't that what separates the great teams from the bunch??

Yes the Bills messed up on some plays, but how many mistakes have we made this season?? We aren't perfect, but we just haven't made them.

So how do you say we aren't that good? You saying you are almost as good as the Seahawks??

And you were luck to get the touchdown.

2.  Not getting the 3rd and inches on that same first drive.  As I have been saying all along......and for many years........sometimes you just have to line up and knock someone off the ball.  We have an undersized offensive line who just can't muscle up when we need it most.  NO EXCUSE FOR NOT PICKING UP 3rd and a foot.  Again, if we pick that up, we continue on the drive and probably get some points.  Instead, we are stuffed because our O-LINE can't push and few inches and we end up taking a penalty on 4th down and then botch the fake punt.  Again, a huge game changing play there that would have probably changed the entire feeling for the Bills and Bears and made this game much more competetive.

I was praying on 2nd and inches they would not go downfield. That had the nice drive going - just get a first down, move the chains and keep it going. Think of it as 3 downs to get inches - I don't care - just hand it off 3 times (run a QB sneak three times) but the priority at that point is just get the friggin 1st down when you have inches to go! Don't mess around when you are playing a superior opponent on the road!

I never said we would have won the game, but there is no way we get beat by 33 points either.  I think if we make this plays, we keep the game competetive instead of it being over by halftime.  Those were game changing plays that killed the Bills spirit in this game and killed any hope the Bills had.

I mentioned it in point 2.  However, where as most fans want to rag on the coaching staff for the playcall, I won't do that. If Moorman is patient, he may still be running because the play was blocked VERY well. But, he left way too early and scred the play up.  If he catches the ball and then takes off, the play works, no doubt.  So, I will not blame the coaches for that one.  You have to execute the play and they botched it from the start.  Bad snap and Moorman was too impatient.  If they execute it, we may not be having any of this conversation. 

Also, you have to remember my first point.  If Losman hits Evans in the endzone, the fake punt never happens.  Evans was open and you have to make those plays when you get the chance.  Of course, when the Bills don't hit that pass, that eventually leads to the fake punt being botched.  When it rains, it pours.

799344[/snapback]

And is Roscoe Parrish was patient last season he may have completed that pass.

If you wan to go for it then just go for it and put your offense out on the field. You don't rely on YOUR PUNTER to run for a first down. If he could do that he wouldn't be a punter. :D

I was praying on 2nd and inches they would not go downfield.  That had the nice drive going - just get a first down, move the chains and keep it going.  Think of it as 3 downs to get inches  - I don't care - just hand it off 3 times (run a QB sneak three times) but the priority at that point is just get the friggin 1st down when you have inches to go!  Don't mess around when you are playing a superior opponent on the road!

799366[/snapback]

The Bills staff did make some mistakes.. They didn't do anything to trick the Bears. They seemed to just want to play heads up ball.. In someone's house, it's not a good idea. You need to mix it up..

Loseman didn't look bad. He did make some stupid throws, but then again, he is young.

You guys have a future.. Let's just hope your OC learns to mix it up more.

I was praying on 2nd and inches they would not go downfield.  That had the nice drive going - just get a first down, move the chains and keep it going.  Think of it as 3 downs to get inches  - I don't care - just hand it off 3 times (run a QB sneak three times) but the priority at that point is just get the friggin 1st down when you have inches to go!  Don't mess around when you are playing a superior opponent on the road!

799366[/snapback]

Yawn, if the pass is there it could've been 6. They lost a yard running on 3rd&inches.

The Bills staff did make some mistakes.. They didn't do anything to trick the Bears. They seemed to just want to play heads up ball.. In someone's house, it's not a good idea. You need to mix it up..

Loseman didn't look bad. He did make some stupid throws, but then again, he is young.

You guys have a future.. Let's just hope your OC learns to mix it up more.

799373[/snapback]

Not much you can do against a D like the Bears when you can't open ANY holes for the running game.

By the way, it's Losman, not Loseman. Nothing else about your posts seems trollish so I'll assume it's an honest mistake.

Yeah sory about the mispelling..

I'm not here to beat anyone up.. I think the Bills have a future. I just wanted to see how the game was through some Bills fan..

Since I grew up in South Buffalo. :D

I'm a die hard Bears fan though.

With the Bears, it's going to take a good D to make it a game with us.

Our offense is hard to cover right now. What made Indy hard to stop when they had James, they could pass and run... Their D killed them.. If you keep Manning off the field you could beat them. However, if you send our offense to the sidelines, our D will play good enough to put us back out there.

So that's the big thing that is causing the Bears to be talked about.. :doh:

Huh, hmm...

Not taking anything away from the Bears, but earlier you say they are not as good as they played?

Now you are clearly someone who has not seen any highlights, or watched any sports shows.

This is EXACTLY the same game we have played 4 out of 5.

Yeah one could say you missed plays, but making plays, correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't that what separates the great teams from the bunch??

Yes the Bills messed up on some plays, but how many mistakes have we made this season?? We aren't perfect, but we just haven't made them.

So how do you say we aren't that good? You saying you are almost as good as the Seahawks??

And you were luck to get the touchdown.

799363[/snapback]

The fact is that we missed a wide open TD on our first drive that would have put us up 7-0 and would have given the Bills an attitude that they could move the ball which they never had after that.

Then we dropped 2 INTs on the Bears first 2 scoring drives that would have changed the complete momentum of the game. Look what turnovers did to the Bills today! If that is the other way around, it is a completely different game. Grossman was doing nothing the first few drives of the game. He was 3-9 early on and couldn't do anything. Add 2 INTS to those stats and all of a sudden Grossman is wondering what is going on. If we score off momentum after that.....even a field goal, the WHOLE GAME changes.

Again, I never said the Bills would win, but the game would not have been blown out. It would have been close.

And just for the record, I saw the Vikings play you right down to the last posession and we beat the Vikings (easily......granted the final score was close, but we had that game under control the whole way). And couple that with the fact that the Bears hadn't played any real competition before this game, I can still say the Bears are not as good as people are making them out to be. They are good, very good......but they are NOT 33 points better than the Bills.

And of course, you say we were lucky on the TD........the Bills made it look easy once they got the ball on that drive. That drive looked like the Bills we are getting used to, not the rest of the game. The Bears did not see the real Buffalo Bills today. We didn't show up. But, if we make these plays early, the game is much tighter at the end.

So yeah....I stand by my comment that the Bears are not as good as they were today and the Bills are not as bad as they were today. Crap happens on any given Sunday. Just look at the Titans and the Colts today........The Titans are nto even in the same league as the Colts, but they should have won today. The best team in the NFL is not THAT much better than the worst teams. They are beeter, but not 33 points better.

And is Roscoe Parrish was patient last season he may have completed that pass.

If you wan to go for it then just go for it and put your offense out on the field. You don't rely on YOUR PUNTER to run for a first down. If he could do that he wouldn't be a punter.  :D

799370[/snapback]

I completely agree. If you want to go for it, put your best players on the field that give you the best chance to make it.

Oh well......I'm ready to move on to Detroit. We have to win that game.

I was praying on 2nd and inches they would not go downfield. That had the nice drive going - just get a first down, move the chains and keep it going. Think of it as 3 downs to get inches - I don't care - just hand it off 3 times (run a QB sneak three times) but the priority at that point is just get the friggin 1st down when you have inches to go! Don't mess around when you are playing a superior opponent on the road!

Absolutely agreed and I was thinking the same thing when they came to the line.

It was a dipshlt call by Fairchild.

Ok, I'm not sure how much beer you drank, but wow.. :D

So leading the league on scoring, and holding our opponents to 7.2 points per game is a fluke?

We have scored 156 points over 5 weeks. That's over 30 points per week. Yeah contest our opponents.. However, play the Vikings in Minnie, and play the Seahawks in Buffalo with Alexander.

This isn't something we turned on. We are known for having a shut down D. Now imaging an offense that scores.. Hence the lopsidded vistory. It's not hard man.

Sorry, but we scored on our first 5 possessions, I'm not sure an early TD slows us down. It's the case of "woulda, couldam, shoulda.."

I don't mean to sound like we are the best thing since sliced bread, it's just that we are consistant. This isn't a one week blowout.

On another note, what do ya think next week point spread is vs the Cards?? LOL

I'm guessing over 20..

Ok, I'm not sure how much beer you drank, but wow.. :D

So leading the league on scoring, and holding our opponents to 7.2 points per game is a fluke?

We have scored 156 points over 5 weeks. That's over 30 points per week. Yeah contest our opponents.. However, play the Vikings in Minnie, and play the Seahawks in Buffalo with Alexander.

This isn't something we turned on. We are known for having a shut down D. Now imaging an offense that scores.. Hence the lopsidded vistory. It's not hard man.

Sorry, but we scored on our first 5 possessions, I'm not sure an early TD slows us down. It's the case of "woulda, couldam, shoulda.."

I don't mean to sound like we are the best thing since sliced bread, it's just that we are consistant. This isn't a one week blowout.

On another note, what do ya think next week point spread is vs the Cards?? LOL

I'm guessing over 20..

799404[/snapback]

Again, you miss the point........if we score that TD on the first drive, we already have points and the lead.

If we catch the EASY INTs we dropped on the first 2 Bear Drives, the Bears don't score on the first 5 posessions.

All of a sudden our D is playing with confidence, our offense is no longer worried about the Bears D after taking the opening frive right down the field on them and scoring a TD and you have a brand new game!

This was your typical blowout game. One team misses so great opportunites and makes mistake after mistake early and never recovers. Meanwhile, the other team takes advantage of the mistakes and scores, in the meantime taking all the wind out of the other team's sails.

It is the way all blowouts work. Again, I don't know whay it is so hard to understand, but if we don't make the mistakes, the game is closer! Common sense tells you that!

Again, this all falls under the "coulda, shoulda, woulda" saying, but that is my point. This game "coulda, shoulda, woulda" been closer IF the Bills don't make the DUMB mistakes they did early! That is all I'm saying!