And so it begins

dib

It's not cheering for them to win. It's cheering for them to have Meathead going back and forth with his quarterback dysfunctions because he suddenly won a game with someone other than Culpepper. Which would mean the moment Culpepper looked like he was struggling in future games, he'd put in Harrington, then go back to Culpepper. Then back to Harrington. Lather. Rinse. Repeat.

He'll have Fish fans burning down buildings and eating raw manatee. And in the process, the Pats drop a game.

796983[/snapback]

eeewwww... raw manatee.. that would be awful!

Now, BBQ manatee...or fried manatee with some Frank's as a dipping sauce, that's another matter...

Th reason he has a painful shoulder (if it is his throwing shoulder), is probably because his knee was never completely healed in the first place.  As a result, he isn't able to step into his throws off his left leg, thus placing incredible strain on his shoulder because he is using all upper body.  I saw this when we played the dolphags on a lot of his passes and figured he is going to develop some kind of arm problems if he kept throwing the ball like that.

796932[/snapback]

Come on bro, I had that first...

It's not cheering for them to win. It's cheering for them to have Meathead going back and forth with his quarterback dysfunctions because he suddenly won a game with someone other than Culpepper. Which would mean the moment Culpepper looked like he was struggling in future games, he'd put in Harrington, then go back to Culpepper. Then back to Harrington. Lather. Rinse. Repeat.

He'll have Fish fans burning down buildings and eating raw manatee. And in the process, the Pats drop a game.

796983[/snapback]

My head agrees with you, but when I see the fish, my gut says they must lose. It's the same when somebody suggests we need to lose a game to get a better draft pick. It might make sense but I can't cheer against the Bills.

My head agrees with you, but when I see the fish, my gut says they must lose.  It's the same when somebody suggests we need to lose a game to get a better draft pick.  It might make sense but I can't cheer against the Bills.

797085[/snapback]

If it was anyone but the fuggin Patriots I'd agree with you. C'mon - just think about seeing poor 'Lil Tommy's sad, sullen, mopey mug when things start going bad, and the announcers go all Dr. Phil analyzing how poor 'lil Tommy misses his 'lil friend Deon...awwwwwwwwww

Not to mention the sight of Bellichek looking like he's going to puke up his lunch and take a sh-- simultaneously - how can you not want to see that!!!

BTW LA - "Fish fans burning down buildings and eating raw manatee" - THAT's fuggin funny

Arrrgh...can't...cheer...for...the...fish..

Something deep inside won't let me cheer for the fish to win.

796964[/snapback]

I know what you mean, it's like watching the battles that took place between Iran and Iraq.

OK, I dislike MM as much as the next guy here, but how can he be blamed for the team getting DC over Brees?

Since when does the OC do the coaches and GM's job of selecting players? Sure he may have recommended getting DC, but its the Coaches and GM's that make the final say.

This is one time where MM can't be blamed for making the stupid move

796970[/snapback]

yeah - his really stupid move was highly recommending Bennie Anderson.

not to mention that great "sweep right, reverse field behind the line halfback option pass / run play" call to Ronnie Brown for the 2 point conversion to tie the game against Houston.

Couldn't just let your 260 lb QB run a QB draw.

As much as I want to, I will refuse to crow about how I SO called this...Culpepper is one of the most overrated "superstars" to ever play the game.  He owes Randy Moss and Cris Carter at least 2/3 of his lifetime earnings for the money they made him.

796975[/snapback]

Yep four games into a new "bag o' tricks" offense with a poor OL and a knee that won;t let him play the way he uesed to yet. I hope you are right but I believe this guy definitely will get better, much better later this year if not by next year.

He has pretty damn good weapons right now and if the fish can MM and get oline (I hope they do neither) next year this guy will be a top ten QB again IMHO. Dare I say I hope I am wrong.

P.S. Just thought I'd let you guys know that my gut instincts expressed are almost always resulting in someone telling me I am a jinx. Hope the trend continues.... :devil:

Yep four games into a new "bag o' tricks" offense with a poor OL and a knee that won;t let him play the way he uesed to yet.  I hope you are right but I believe this guy definitely will get better, much better later this year if not by next year.

He has pretty damn good weapons right now and if the fish can MM and get oline (I hope they do neither) next year this guy will be a top ten QB again IMHO.  Dare I say I hope I am wrong. 

P.S.  Just thought I'd let you guys know that my gut instincts expressed are almost always resulting in someone telling me I am a jinx.  Hope the trend continues....  :devil:

It's possible that Culpepper may improve. But he's a turnover machine, with an average of 2 per game (1 fumble and 1 INT), and a sack magnet, taking almost 3 sacks a game over the course of his career. Beyond that, the biggest knock against him was poor decision-making, especially in big games. Add in the injury and the chances he improves are slim to none, especially if Baloney Mularkey remains his OC.

If Joey bombs on Sunday, Marv should get on the phone & offer the Dolphins Kelly Holcomb for a 2nd round pick. The Dolphins have given #2 picks for A.J. Feeley & Culpepper, Holcomb will sound like a bargain compared to those two-especially after Mularkey hears about it & begs Saban to give him Kelly Holcomb to save the season & his job (Groundhog Day 2?)

If Joey bombs on Sunday, Marv should get on the phone & offer the Dolphins Kelly Holcomb for a 2nd round pick.  The Dolphins have given #2 picks for A.J. Feeley & Culpepper, Holcomb will sound like a bargain compared to those two-especially after Mularkey hears about it & begs Saban to give him Kelly Holcomb to save the season & his job (Groundhog Day 2?)

Nah. They should play for the #1 overall pick next year. The fact is that Culpepper won't be 100% this season and Harrington is a scrub. Might as well shelve Culpepper, get some good draft picks, sign some FA's, and retool for next year.

Nah.  They should play for the #1 overall pick next year.  The fact is that Culpepper won't be 100% this season and Harrington is a scrub.  Might as well shelve Culpepper, get some good draft picks, sign some FA's, and retool for next year.

797763[/snapback]

Isn't that what the Texans thought?