Denied entry to Bills Game WTF!

I vaguely remember when one could walk into the stadium without a ticket after halftime...

794249[/snapback]

I got into an Akron Aero's (minor league baseball) game last summer like . My friends and I just walked in in the 9th inning and sat right behind home plate. It was awesome.

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A lawyer died and arrived at the pearly gates. To his dismay, there were thousands of people ahead of him in line to see St. Peter. To his surprise, St. Peter left his desk at the gate and came down the long line to where the laywer was, and greeted him warmly. Then St. Peter and one of his assistants took the lawyer by the hands and guided him up to the front of the line, and into a comfortable chair by his desk. The lawyer said, "I don't mind all this attention, but what makes me so special?"

St. Peter replied, "Well, I've added up all the hours for which you billed your clients, and by my calculation you must be about 193 years old!"

I vaguely remember when one could walk into the stadium without a ticket after halftime..

I was at the Houston comeback game. As I recall, several thousand left right after the

interception return for a touchdown early in the third. Many of them tried to get back in

during the fourth with no luck. Glad i wasn't one of them! :P

A lawyer died and arrived at the pearly gates. To his dismay, there were thousands of people ahead of him in line to see St. Peter. To his surprise, St. Peter left his desk at the gate and came down the long line to where the laywer was, and greeted him warmly. Then St. Peter and one of his assistants took the lawyer by the hands and guided him up to the front of the line, and into a comfortable chair by his desk. The lawyer said, "I don't mind all this attention, but what makes me so special?"

St. Peter replied, "Well, I've added up all the hours for which you billed your clients, and by my calculation you must be about 193 years old!"

794270[/snapback]

Tip the wait staff? Try the prime rib? Are you here all week?

794270[/snapback]

Good one ! I thought the punchline was " Congrats your the first lawyer to get into heaven !"

You have yourself to blame!  Why show up soo late?  Makes no sense?  Why pay for the ticket to begin with? 

I dont blame security I blame you for not showing up on time. 

I mean if it was due to emergency or something then I apologize, but honestly I dont blame security for not letting you in after the or during the 3rd quarter.

793814[/snapback]

Wow!! What a response. I think you watch too much Dr.Phil.

This place can be unforgiving to fellow Bills fans sometimes when they are looking to vent their frustrations.

Sorry to hear how you were treated Hammered Alot......hopefully with Marv there instead of the devil...customer service will meet your expectations.

Because this is the guy who watches your cars while you are enjoying the game. Hammer makes sure that his lot is safe and secure before he gets to the game.

Meanwhile, in the Bills lots, teenagers are popping locks and ripping off cars and then tossing half the stuff they get in the bushes cause they don't like what they got. We saw it last year, pathetic what these kids did. And we did see them prior to the game, just thought they were waiting to buy tickets. They kept wandering back to the hole in the fence and returning to thier homes adjacent to the parking lot. Later after the game, a string of stolen goods from at least 5 cars that we knew of, were found scattered along the same path.

793859[/snapback]

Sunday, we had a lady come up to us and said she found $$$ in one of our restrooms. She gave us a cell number if anyone came up to us and asked if anyone found some $$$. No one ever did ask about the $$$$ but it did sure feel nice that she wanted to do the right thing.

Sober and with Valid ticket in hand, I was denied enter Sunday. The gate staff gave me a run around sending me from gate3 to gate5 to gate 8 back to gate 5 over to customer service booth (nobody there) back over to gate 5. Finally after I had enough, I had to BEG for 3-5 minutes with one of the gate security personal to write down my name and 2 contact phone numbers to have proof that I was there. I will wait till Thursday of this week to see if the Bills contact me. 

I broke no stadium rules, and after calling the Bills this morning I found that I was lied to as I was told by gate staff (and yes I have staff shirt numbers ) that" By NFL RULES no one may enter the stadium after the end of the third quarter"          By looking at the Bills 2006 Stadium guide last page Expectations, the Bills failed at Friendly, Courteous,  KNOWLEDGEABLE, and Effecient game day staff.

Lets see if they will provide EXCELLENT CUSTOMER SATISFACTION or will I get stiffed $$$$$

793802[/snapback]

Im confused about the above in bold. Was it the staff that told you that and then that ended up not being the case? or is that the rule?

If they mixed up the rules then yes, you should be compensated. But if that is the rule, then it doesnt matter why you should be able to get in, or what excuse you have, the rule is the rule. This is understood before you buy a ticket, if you dont like the rule then take it up with management, but dont blame the staff for doing their job.

Again, I think you are implying that they told you that, and they were wrong, but just in case I had to give my 2 cents <_<

Leagally, (yes, I am a lawyer) having a ticket gives you no right of entry. It may be revoked at any time for any reason. For example, lets say you bought tickets to the best hypothetical concert of all time, a Pink Floyd reunion concert. You score front row tickets and a pass to hang-out with the band after the concert.

You bought two tickets for $5000 a full year in advance. You get to the concert, find your seats, are sufficiently stoned and ready for the best experience of your life. However, five minutes before the concert begins, the manager of the facility taps you on the shoulder and tell you that you have to leave because President Bush showed up and they are giving the preseident and the first lady your seats.

You are SOL!

794231[/snapback]

Thanks, you made my day!

Im confused about the above in bold. Was it the staff that told you that and then that ended up not being the case? or is that the rule?

If they mixed up the rules then yes, you should be compensated. But if that is the rule, then it doesnt matter why you should be able to get in, or what excuse you have, the rule is the rule. This is understood before you buy a ticket, if you dont like the rule then take it up with management, but dont blame the staff for doing their job.

Again, I think you are implying that they told you that, and they were wrong, but just in case I had to give my 2 cents  <_<

794527[/snapback]

The game day gate staff told me that (NFL Rule). I called the Bills and was told that there is no cut off time for entry to the stadium. I am wondering if having Bill and Hill at the game sort of screwed up the security staff. I wonder why the staff did not want to write down my name and phone number until I begged them many times to.

Leagally, (yes, I am a lawyer) having a ticket gives you no right of entry. It may be revoked at any time for any reason. For example, lets say you bought tickets to the best hypothetical concert of all time, a Pink Floyd reunion concert. You score front row tickets and a pass to hang-out with the band after the concert.

You bought two tickets for $5000 a full year in advance. You get to the concert, find your seats, are sufficiently stoned and ready for the best experience of your life. However, five minutes before the concert begins, the manager of the facility taps you on the shoulder and tell you that you have to leave because President Bush showed up and they are giving the preseident and the first lady your seats.

You are SOL!

794231[/snapback]

So are you claiming there would be no legal recourse in the above example? Lets leave out the stoned part (which could conceivably be used against you as you are essentially entering into a contract when you purchase a ticket) in your reply please sir.

The game day gate staff told me that (NFL Rule). I called the Bills and was told that there is no cut off time for entry to the stadium. I am wondering if having Bill and Hill at the game sort of screwed up the security staff. I wonder why the staff did not want to write down my name and phone number until I begged them many times to.

794537[/snapback]

Thats b.s., i would say i frequently attend games and that you wont attend based on how you were treated..... then ask for box seats lol <_<

So are you claiming there would be no legal recourse in the above example? Lets leave out the stoned part (which could conceivably be used against you as you are essentially entering into a contract when you purchase a ticket)  in your reply please sir.

794548[/snapback]

Correct - a ticket is what is legally called a license - and can be revoked at any time, barring any express contractual provision governing revocation.

Correct - a ticket is what is legally called a license - and can be revoked at any time, barring any express contractual provision governing revocation.

794603[/snapback]

Well just another example IMO of how messed up the legal world is. My friend who is a lawyer from a top 50 law school and has absolutely no expertise in this field disagrees. The sad part is you are probably right. I assume you know what recourse means and you realize that means that we have essentially no protection from essentially being robbed at will.

Thanks, but I wonder who crafted that fine piece of legislation? Which politician?And you know what they say about politicians...they are lawyers who lack the morals and ethics to stay the course.

Now with all that said, unless its explicitly spelled out somewhere in fine legalese which is readily available to the consumer, I think this is a a crock. What it essentially boils down to is customer service and the victim in this case was not only denied the service he paid for (attending the Bill's game) he was also led around by the nose and wasted more of his time by the employee's of the stadium not knowing the rules or failing to convey them adequately. In a case like this when he did the proper thing by making sure they should be able to contact him any competent customer service will at least compensate him somewhat.

Now with that said...dont hold your breath customer service sucks nowadays.

Thanks, but I wonder who crafted that fine piece of legislation? Which politician?And you know what they say about politicians...they are lawyers who lack the morals and ethics to stay the course.

794624[/snapback]

The law governing licenses, and most property issues, is largely common law dating back to old (i.e. 1500's) English case law.

There are examples where the common law is codified and changed or adjusted. For example, ask your friend about the "fertile octegenarian" realating to the rule agains perpetuities. It is absurd and has been changed in most states (but not all).

The law governing licenses, and most property issues, is largely common law dating back to old (i.e. 1500's) English case law.

There are examples where the common law is codified and changed or adjusted. For example, ask your friend about the "fertile octegenarian" realating to the rule agains perpetuities. It is absurd and has been changed in most states (but not all).

794810[/snapback]

You deserve a three day ban for bringing up fertile octagenarians and the rule against perpetuities on TSW. Booo! <_<:lol:

794603[/snapback]

Most tickets have a disclaimer on the back saying that they can ask you to leave at any time for any reason(s), but I could have sworn that they were obligated to refund the ticket price.

Most tickets have a disclaimer on the back saying that they can ask you to leave at any time for any reason(s), but I could have sworn that they were obligated to refund the ticket price.

794860[/snapback]

The printing is so small on my ticket you would need a microscope to be able to read it.