If Coker get the boot...

IBTG81

Who takes over?

I read in the Star Ledger yesterday that Schiano (HC of Rutgers, was a former coordinator there) would have a good chance.

He just signed a 7 year deal with us last season, so who knows. They also mentioned Butch Davis. Anyone have any idea who else would go there?

Who takes over?

I read in the Star Ledger yesterday that Schiano (HC of Rutgers, was a former coordinator there) would have a good chance.

He just signed a 7 year deal with us last season, so who knows. They also mentioned Butch Davis. Anyone have any idea who else would go there?

782655[/snapback]

Dunno, but Davis did a terrible job in his time with the Browns.

Bad drafting, managing, coaching, alienated everyone, and left with a wad of cash...

Who takes over?

782655[/snapback]

Not sure who all would be candidates, lots of folks for sure. Not sure if Schiano would go. He's put a lot of effort into rebuilding Rutgers program. Seems like the type who wants to finish what he starts. But as you said, who knows.

Butch Davis would be interesting. What's his name went back to Oregon St. after his stint in the NFL. Spurrier passed on going back to Florida. Who knows if the AD at Miami would even consider it.

Butch Davis, while a bad pro coach, would make a good candidate for the Miami job if they were to go that route. They could make a run @ one of the hot coaches out there now, like RICH Rodriguez of West Virginia or even Skip Holtz, who is doing a fine job @ East Carolina w/ very little to work w/.

Butch Davis, while a bad pro coach, would make a good candidate for the Miami job if they were to go that route.  They could make a run @ one of the hot coaches out there now, like RICH Rodriguez of West Virginia or even Skip Holtz, who is doing a fine job @ East Carolina w/ very little to work w/.

788311[/snapback]

I just hope and pray they don't take Schiano. He is their former D-Corrdinator, and with seeing what he has done with Rutgers, who knows.

Yup.

Coker stepped into the machine that Davis built. That rookie championship and the championship game the following year were as much Davis' as his. They would be nuts not to consider the move.

Schiano is way overrated right now. Rutgers has beaten no one this year. If they were to pull off a solid 3rd place finish in the BE, maybe he'd have a shot. Until then, this team is the biggest fraud in the top-25.

The funny part about this is if he had turned Rutgers down originally, he would have been coach within 5 months (if memory serves me correctly). Talk about fate smacking you in the back of the head.

Schiano is way overrated right now.  Rutgers has beaten no one this year.  If they were to pull off a solid 3rd place finish in the BE, maybe he'd have a shot.  Until then, this team is the biggest fraud in the top-25.

The funny part about this is if he had turned Rutgers down originally, he would have been coach within 5 months (if memory serves me correctly).  Talk about fate smacking you in the back of the head.

799906[/snapback]

Rugters is a fraud? They beat USF (score should have been much further apart) on the road. The team is YOUNG.

The only losses they will have is WVU, and possibly Navy. They will beat UConn, Pitt, and Louisville. I'm not going to even throw Syracuse in there because they are a joke.

Schiano wanted to come to NJ. He is from here, and all of his family lived here. he said it so himself many times.

BTW, if you've ever seen Rutgers in the past 10 years, you'd realize Schiano has turned this program COMPLETELY around.

Rugters is a fraud? They beat USF (score should have been much further apart) on the road. The team is YOUNG.

The only losses they will have is WVU, and possibly Navy. They will beat UConn, Pitt, and Louisville. I'm not going to even throw Syracuse in there because they are a joke.

Schiano wanted to come to NJ. He is from here, and all of his family lived here. he said it so himself many times.

BTW, if you've ever seen Rutgers in the past 10 years, you'd realize Schiano has turned this program COMPLETELY around.

799986[/snapback]

With all due respect, listen to yourself. "They beat USF (score should have been much further apart) on the road." That's really funny if you think a road victory at USF is proof Rutgers has arrived. Until they beat someone other than UNC (1-4), Illinois (1-4, who even SU beat), a .500 MAC team in Ohio and a fledgling USF program (albeit, a program with great potential), they are nothing but a fraud.

Also, I've seen Rutgers a whole bunch over the last few years. With their OOC, they have absolutely no room to talk. I'm betting that they lose to UL, WVU, Pitt and one of SU/UConn.

With all due respect, listen to yourself.  "They beat USF (score should have been much further apart) on the road."  That's really funny if you think a road victory at USF is proof Rutgers has arrived.  Until they beat someone other than UNC (1-4), Illinois (1-4, who even SU beat), a .500 MAC team in Ohio and a fledgling USF program (albeit, a program with great potential), they are nothing but a fraud.

Also, I've seen Rutgers a whole bunch over the last few years.  With their OOC, they have absolutely no room to talk.  I'm betting that they lose to UL, WVU, Pitt and one of SU/UConn.

800228[/snapback]

RU is a much better all around team last year, and beat Pitt, SU, and UConn.

It looks as if you can't take off your Syracuse-loving, hatred for the rest of the BE blinders.

I have never stated that RU is the best team in CF, or even the best team in the BE. I think WVU will beat them, and I even think Navy has a chance. I''m giving RU the win over Loiusville due to RU being home, and Louisville having two major injuries.

RU is a much better all around team last year, and beat Pitt, SU, and UConn.

It looks as if you can't take off your Syracuse-loving, hatred for the rest of the BE blinders.

I have never stated that RU is the best team in CF, or even the best team in the BE. I think WVU will beat them, and I even think Navy has a chance. I''m giving RU the win over Loiusville due to RU being home, and Louisville having two major injuries.

800239[/snapback]

Wow...talk about extrapolating.

I root for the BE (including Rutgers) when they play out of conference. What I'm challenging you on is that Rutgers is a top 25 team. I'll be more than happy to admit that Rutgers is much better now than the early 1990s. That being said, the wins they have to date mark them as frauds. Their Sagarin schedule is ranked 135...that should be more than enough to question a top-25 ranking.

Wow...talk about extrapolating.

I root for the BE (including Rutgers) when they play out of conference.  What I'm challenging you on is that Rutgers is a top 25 team.    I'll be more than happy to admit that Rutgers is much better now than the early 1990s.  That being said, the wins they have to date mark them as frauds.  Their Sagarin schedule is ranked 135...that should be more than enough to question a top-25 ranking.

800294[/snapback]

Look at WVU and Louisville. Are you saying they don't deserve to be top 10 teams?

And they've played exactly whom?  :lol:

It's OK for those two not to play anybody, but if RU doesn't, they suck? Nice logic.

800435[/snapback]

Try this logic:

1. WVU played Maryland and UL played Miami. These teams, even in their current weakened state, are both far better than anything Rutgers has seen.

2. The only D-1 team Rutgers has beaten with a winning record is USF, whose run has included victories over McNeese State, Florida International, Central Florida and UConn.

3. WVU and UL still have Sagarin ratings in the D-1 level, compared with Rutgers, which ranks 135 out of 119 D-1 programs..too funny!

Try this logic:

1.  WVU played Maryland and UL played Miami.  These teams, even in their current weakened state, are both far better than anything Rutgers has seen. 

2.  The only D-1 team Rutgers has beaten with a winning record is USF, whose run has included victories over McNeese State, Florida International, Central Florida and UConn.

3.  WVU and UL still have Sagarin ratings in the D-1 level (if), compared with Rutgers, which ranks 135 out of 119 D-1 programs..too funny!

800491[/snapback]

WVU has played Marshall, Eastern Carolina, Miss State, and Eastern Washington also. Maryland sucks. Yeah, tough schedule there.

Louisville has played Miami (who is grossly overrated and sucks this year), Kentucky, Temple, Kansas State, and Middle Tennessee State. yeah, real powerhouses there too.

You seem to rely too much on Sagarin ratings. :lol:

WVU has played Marshall, Eastern Carolina, Miss State, and Eastern Washington also. Maryland sucks. Yeah, tough schedule there.

Louisville has played Miami (who is grossly overrated and sucks this year),  Kentucky, Temple, Kansas State, and Middle Tennessee State. yeah, real powerhouses there too.

You seem to rely too much on Sagarin ratings.  :lol:

800499[/snapback]

At least they both scheduled perennial top-25 programs for their OOC schedule. MD and Miami will both play in bowls this year. No one Rutgers has played yet will get a sniff from a bowl committee. Also, UL has beaten a 4-2 KSU team and .500 Kentucky team that is better anyone Rutgers has played.

If they win in the BE, I'll give them all the credit they deserve. Until then, the top 25 ranking is a fraud and no knows just how good Rutgers is.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.