By the way did you see Jim Leonhard's

I'm not looking for a fight, really, but I looked in the dictionary for the definition of "cheap" and it said:

knocking the sauce out of someone who isn't fair game.

How can it be cheap if he was fair game?  if the ball bounces at the one, Leonard dives into the end zone and knocks it back in and it's downed at the one, Welcher (sp?) gets booed by the Miami faithful.  i'm sure he heard them booing Culpepper, and figured "Damn, they'd booing the guy maing $8 mill a year, they'll tear me up".

778836[/snapback]

Correct me if Im wrong, but didnt Leonhard get nailed at about the 8 yard line at about the same time the ball was hitting the ground. So you think that there was a chance Leonhard was going to dive 8 yards and touch the ball at the exact same time??????? He was one foot from in bounds. It was LEGAL but it was CHEAP. that simple

Do you know if Welker gave the fair catch signal? I wasnt paying attention, but I would think that if he did and proceeded with the hit he would have gotten a penalty, but I didnt see it.

778853[/snapback]

No, he kept his hand down which kept him in the play; they'd have definitely nailed him if he even hinted at a wave.

My guess is that Leonhard knew it but gave himself up anyways in an effort to make a play for field position. I get the sense that the guy doesn't mind being drilled and may actually kind of like it. :blush:

Correct me if Im wrong, but didnt Leonhard get nailed at about the 8 yard line at about the same time the ball was hitting the ground. So you think that there was a chance Leonhard was going to dive 8 yards and touch the ball at the exact same time??????? He was one foot from in bounds. It was LEGAL but it was CHEAP. that simple

778858[/snapback]

I think the play was going at full speed, I think the return man doesn't know definitively where the ball is going to land, or what the cover man is going to do, and he hits him because that's what he's supposed to do. My recollection was that Leonard was around the 5, but it could have been the 8. Doesn't change anything for me. And frankly, I hate the fins as much as anyone on this board, or anyone in the city of Buffalo, etc. In 1992, I was down in the Miami area on business after the hurricane. I was riding with some people from work and we were within a few miles of Joe Robbie stadium. I mentioned I wanted to swing by, we did, I got out of the car, went over, and spit on the stadium wall. So, it pains me to say it, but I'd bet you the only people who think it was a cheap shot are a select few bills fans.

In 1992, I was down in the Miami area on business after the hurricane. I was riding with some people from work and we were within a few miles of Joe Robbie stadium. I mentioned I wanted to swing by, we did, I got out of the car, went over, and spit on the stadium wall.

:blush::blink::doh:

Props to timmo..... :lol:

Of course Simon, it's explainable.  I was just a kid, my 32nd birthday was still a few months off.  I kid you not, I'm a Bills fan.

778877[/snapback]

Hey you don't gotta explain nothing to me.

I'm just jealous I didn't get to do it. :blush:

778858[/snapback]

yeah but daquixers, if he was 8 yards away he could still get to the ball in under a second figuring he was close to top speed and that he has to run sub 4.8 40. So, Welker was in his rights to label leohard

1st of all ... that first quote is priceless. Great comeback bro!

2nd of all ... I would NOT think that it was a cheap shot if Leonhard was actually going towards the ball, but he was not. He was about 4 inches from being out of bounds and Welker railed him. Thats kind of cheap.

778818[/snapback]

Yeah, I was not impressed with the general football intelligence of the Fin fans and their stupid chants. My god if I had to hear them get excited by EVERY first down they got. It was like they had never gotten one... "its ANOTHER miami dolphins...FIRST down" Yay.

Egads man. Finally as the Fin fans realized they had nothing to cheer about, the 5 bills fans near me and I began taking over the chant for EVERY bills first down.. "ITs another BUFFALO FIRST DOWN" ... wow that made them pissed...

and while dierdork was blathering about the hit, I was screaming at the television..."IT'S AT THE ONE,  DIERDORK...WHAT A PUNT!"

That's funny - I am on vacation at a lake house and (long story) we were watching the game on a fuzzy 10 inch TV down on the dock and it was difficult to see everything that was going on. On that punt Dan is blathering on for 5 minutes about Welker and I kept saying "Did it go into the end zone?" - I don't think they even mentioned that the punt went out at the one.

BTW - getting pretty sick now of the media's love of Welker - they were orgasming all over him in week 1 as well.

Ok so I just watched the play again on DirecTV's replay (shows the entire game in 30 minutes) and Leonhard was on the 10 yard line when he got hit and it looks as if he had about half a foot out of bounds and his entire body was heading out of bounds. I was unsure before but now I am sure that it was a cheap shot. I wish I knew how to screen capture my TV. So Leonhard would have had to dive 9 feet and touch the ball after going OUT of bounds which is directly where he was heading.