Aaron Brooks

Alaska Darin

Yeah because we know fantasy numbers truely are an indication of how good a player really is.  :D

If at the right price Brooks is young, has shown he is at least an average NFL qb, and has won some games pretty much on his own.  This again at the right price would be a pretty good pickup as long as it didn't prevent solidifying the oline or dline.  In addition, he is a much better option then Holcomb or JP.

612617[/snapback]

What a difference one game can make... :lol::lol::o;)

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Brooks was not the only person responsible for his unbearable performance last night. The Raiders O-Line had the worst performance I ever remember seeing in a lifetime of watching football. Even more inexplicable was that the Raiders "brain"trust refused to adjust the play-calling. What do you do when your QB gets sacked taking 7-step drops? Why, that's easy -- have him take more 7-step drops. No draws, screens, quick slants. Nothing. It was totally unbelievable to me.

But Brooks definitely contributed to the problem by holding on to the ball too long. And then after they yanked him out of the game, he could be seen smirking on the sidelines as Andrew Walter started getting sacked just like Brooks did.

That team is a fuggin' mess.

Brooks was not the only person responsible for his unbearable performance last night.  The Raiders O-Line had the worst performance I ever remember seeing in a lifetime of watching football.  Even more inexplicable was that the Raiders "brain"trust refused to adjust the play-calling.  What do you do when your QB gets sacked taking 7-step drops?  Why, that's easy -- have him take more 7-step drops.  No draws, screens, quick slants.  Nothing.  It was totally unbelievable to me.

But Brooks definitely contributed to the problem by holding on to the ball too long.  And then after they yanked him out of the game, he could be seen smirking on the sidelines as Andrew Walter started getting sacked just like Brooks did.

That team is a fuggin' mess.

770992[/snapback]

I'm not arguing anything here, simply pointing out the fallacy of bringing in a mediocre veteran who is super limited and (for the most part) unable to elevate EVEN BETTER teammates than he would have had here.

Plus, I get the added benefit of cracking the garden gnome.

I particularly liked the play when Brooks dropped back to pass, actually eluded the rush for once, and then once he was free decided to step back into the lineman he eluded who was on his back. And then Brooks just decided to sit down on top of the guy. I didn't check the official stats, but Brooks should be awarded a tackle on that play.