As much as I like Roscoe Parrish

Thailog80

He misplayed that punt for sure.  Yet, keep in mind that he was the leading punt returner (or one of the leading punt returners) in the league last year .

770080[/snapback]

I know- I just always hold my breath when I see him back there. Ya just never know.

I thought Clements had a couple nice returns last year.

I know- I just always hold my breath when I see him back there. Ya just never know.

I thought Clements had a couple nice returns last year.

770090[/snapback]

Yea, screw it. Put Clements back there.

He is not coming back next year, let him do WHAT he can do: make people miss when running with the ball.

Yea, screw it. Put Clements back there.

He is not coming back next year, let him do WHAT he can do: make people miss when running with the ball.

770094[/snapback]

PRECISELY. Clements does a nice job returning punts, and so what if anything happens to him? We can just stick another rook in there.

Think about what you are saying. You want to give our #1 , pro-bowl quality CB the ball and have him run at large fast football players looking to rail him.  :angry:

770201[/snapback]

I think some are being sarcastic here. <_<

Clements isn't much better at catching punts. Both have great return skills but both are fumbles waiting to happen.

770212[/snapback]

Seriously, has everyone forgot how shoddy Clements is with handling the ball? Short memories.

Seriously, has everyone forgot how shoddy Clements is with handling the ball?  Short memories.

770422[/snapback]

Not only that but it seems alot of folks on this board think that 6 or 8 games in the NFL is plenty for a rookie to prove himself. Give him a full season then complain.

Returning punts is the hardest thing to do in the NFL besides play QB. There's a reason why the NFL leaders average about 11 yds per return, and many teams have #1 guys who average 6, 7, 8 yards a return. Catching the ball alone is not a given, and then you have 10 monsters at top speed trying to cut you in half. I guarantee, if Roscoe is back there, he's the best on the team at it. Put someone like Sam Aiken back there who is not used to doing it and you will see what a disaster looks like.

Everyone can flame the fact that Chris Watson was a merely a punt catcher, but when an explosive return man misplays one, everyone cries about ball security.

Think about what you are saying. You want to give our #1 , pro-bowl quality CB the ball and have him run at large fast football players looking to rail him.  :D

770201[/snapback]

Um, that's what we do with our #2 CB on kick-offs and that works pretty well for us. As far as Parrish goes, I am still waiting for him to impress me, it just hasn't happened yet.

I DO NOT want to see him fielding punts again. I know he's freaking fast but at the end of last year and yesterday he's misplayed too many.

770072[/snapback]

And I DO NOT want to see him wearing #11 anymore. Sheesh - someone should make him change it. For all we know, wiping #11 off the Bills backs forever may be the only thing keeping them from winning the Super Bowl! :D At any rate, it's worth a shot!