Patriots trade Deion Branch

Golden Wheels

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Great..the rich (NE) get richer!!!!!!!!!

769561[/snapback]

How does a future late first round pick benefit them this year? Unless The Genius has found a way to bend time and space so that Boy Wonder can make a completion to a player that isn't even on their team yet, this doesn't help them at all. But after seeing the officiating yesterday, I wouldn't be surprised if he got credited with "future completions".

How does a future late first round pick benefit them this year?  Unless The Genius has found a way to bend time and space so that Boy Wonder can make a completion to a player that isn't even on their team yet, this doesn't help them at all.  But after seeing the officiating yesterday, I wouldn't be surprised if he got credited with "future completions".

769574[/snapback]

They obviously dont need anything this year! But it sure sets them up for the future!

LOL!  If yesterday was any indication, the Pats are no longer a great team.

And it's funny how foolishly consistent they are.  They covet draft picks more than their actual players who have produced. ;)

769588[/snapback]

But....they Win!

It doesn't, but it will go nicely with their very early first-round pick next year.

769597[/snapback]

Yeah and everyone was saying how bad Notre Dame was the first week. Sometimes have time to prepare and someone can bite you.

Tell me again how Penn State did in week 2 against that overrated ND team. I forgot.

But....they Win!

769595[/snapback]

Against teams in rebuilding mode ;)

They don't actually have a stellar offense - if they come up against teams that can slow their run, they are in trouble...Their next four games are not cake by any stretch of the imagination...If they win half, I'd be unpleasantly surprised...

Charles

NE knows that it can not over pay players if they want to stay competive. This is why they did not give big contracts to 34 and 35 year old players like Willie and Adam V

They also do not give #1 money to a number 2 reciever who is injured a lot like Givens.

The loss of Branch will hurt them but they will deal with it. This is a problem a lot of teams get into, paying way to much money to players who are too old or want too much. This eats up cap room and causes a lot of dead money to be on the payroll.

This is why teams like TN get to the big game once and never return because of cap problems and bad spending on players.

i still cant believe the pats got a 1st rounder (even a late 1st rounder) for an average WR who looked to be holdign out the entire season.

they should have, at best, traded him for a 2nd rounder.

769602[/snapback]

I know. Teams weren't even willing to give up a 1st rounder for a guy like Sean Alexander or even a starting QB like Culpepper. Branch???? he's pretty good but gimme a break.