Do we sit Willis?

Yes, sit him. When the defense is on the field.

I don't know what game you guys were watching but if Willis (or any other back) ran as fast as he could as soon as the ball was snapped and took the handoff and barrelled into the line like a bat out of hell he would have lost one yard instead of almost gaining one yard.

770599[/snapback]

I could not agree more. I was up in Buffalo for the weekend and watched the game with some friends. When I logged on here this morning and saw all the talk about benching Willis in favor of A-Train I could not help but laugh out loud. WTF were people watching on Sunday? Apparently it wasn't the same game you or I saw.

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If his "ankle" is so bad that it caused him to drop from a 4.2 to a 2.9 YPA average, why not sit him. I have several problems with the "U"-boy.

1) He doesn't have good situational awareness in the game. He never seems to find the big hole and attack it.

2) He doesn't seem to CARE whether he wins or loses. Not the type of guy I want for a feature back.

3) A-train seemed to run with a lot more power and authority than did Willis.

I think that a few games on the bench might be just what the doctor ordered for "the best RB in the NFL."

I think it might be time to stop drafting UM players.

769139[/snapback]

I am officially abstaining from posting, for now...the idiocy is depressing...

I'm not sure i would sit Willis at this point in the season. He is lighter and looks faster than he did last season. Let's not forget, he was going up against a Patriots defense that proved that other people get hit in the game this weekend when the Messiah was MIA.

Bottom line, it is too early in the season to sit McGahee. He is lighter and faster and may not realize that with the loss in weight, he will be able to fit through the holes that our mediocre line porvides (unlike last year when it was like trying to cram an elephant into an elevator).

So be patient, I have the feeling he will do fairly well this weekend with a TD or maybe two. He has to do it, not only because he is in his home town, but also he can show Mike Mularkey how a running attack is supposed to work. By putting points on the board.

McGahee: 23 carries, 114 yards, 2 TD's against the Fish in Miami.

Yes, he dances, which is what he is built for. Remember last year when he stopped dancing after he was called out by the NFL's worst coach? How did that work out for us?

Though, he should be ashamed that he had such poor situational awareness that he didn't know it was fourth down.

I agree that a first down there would not have necessarily meant a win for us. We still couldn't stop the run or the tight ends.

769207[/snapback]

I agree, I'd like to see AT get some more time in the Miami game but I'm not ready to see Willis sit and maybe the angle is bothering him and all he needs is rest. Not knowing what down it was does effect the play by desperation, I don't care what Bulldog says.

I played it in the Tuesday Mega Millions drawing. 16, and 42 as bonus ball hit, so I realized a net profit of two bucks.

Thanks, Peter!  <_<

771601[/snapback]

My pleasure. ;)

Now, take a dollar from your winnings and re-invest it in the next drawing. When you win the Mega Millions, we can buy the Bills and make sure that they stay in Buffalo.

By the way, for those of you that did not know, those are the numbers from Lost.

I would just like to remind you folks that most of you wanted to turn down a top 5 pick for MaGahee in a thread last week!!! The consensus was that a top 5 "wasn't enough."  <_<

For the record, he by NO means deserves to sit, but I would take a top 5 tomorrow.

Jmo.

771652[/snapback]

How about a number 4 pick? That's gotta be a sure thing. We could get a monster offensive tackle and finally upgrade the o-line. It's a lock.

I would just like to remind you folks that most of you wanted to turn down a top 5 pick for MaGahee in a thread last week!!! The consensus was that a top 5 "wasn't enough."  <_<

For the record, he by NO means deserves to sit, but I would take a top 5 tomorrow.

Jmo.

771652[/snapback]

That was LAST week on the retard rodeo. But willis didnt convert a 4th and 1 since then. Had he made the 4th and 1, no one would want to give him up for 2 #1's.

Wow...that 2001 draft was a treasure chest of top flight players....

771675[/snapback]

That was the draft where the Chargers traded out of the top spot with Atlanta so they could grab Vick. The media lambasted them at the time of the trade (How can ANYBODY pass up Vick!?). The Chargers ended up with Tomlinson and Brees. I’ll take the Chargers draft over the Falcons any day. It reminds me a lot of this year’s draft, “How can ANYBODY pass up Reggie Bush!?”

How quickly people forget he turned a blown up screen pass from a 5 yard loss in to a 20+ yard gain by shaking free from the entire pats front 7.

A-Train doesn't give you that.

I'm constantly shocked at the fans here. I would have expected more from a blue collar town. You act like white collar powder puff girls when something bad happens.

769312[/snapback]

I couldn't agree more.

Yeah that's a great idea...Sit our best player for Anthony Thomas...some of you are amazing the way you think. I just don't get it.

I couldn't agree more.

Yeah that's a great idea...Sit our best player for Anthony Thomas...some of you are amazing the way you think. I just don't get it.

772322[/snapback]

I can think of at least a handfull of players on this team that are better players than McGahee.... though I agree that sitting McGahee for Thomas is silly....

JDG

I can think of at least a handfull of players on this team that are better players than McGahee.... though I agree that sitting McGahee for Thomas is silly....

JDG

772324[/snapback]

McGahee adds an aspect to the game that Thomas certainly doesn't. He adds finess and is a good solid back that needs to cut back on the dancing a little bit, and do his thing the way he did at the U. That involved a lot of cutting and misdirection, but people in the NFL are too quick to pull that on every play, McGahee needs to find his own rythem in this league, and with that rythem will come plenty of success.