Do we sit Willis?

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not necessarily.

But hey, whatever gets you through the week.

Point is, that's how he approacches EVERY run, and it's even worse when he has a lead blocker, I've found.

769539[/snapback]

Just for that play specifically, why "not necessarily" ? The DT would have been sitting in his lap, no?

The DT was tied up with fowler. behind the DT, there wasn't a whole lot else.

769600[/snapback]

Except for the unblocked back side line backer and everyone else on the defensive line who had not been pushed back one inch.

UM bad! McGaheebad! Trade him for a 7th rounder!

769968[/snapback]

I had no idea I was going to start a firestorm by positing a simple question. I'm not insinuating that McGahee should be traded or anything. Rather, I'm saying that perhaps he needs to sit a bit. He doesn't seem motivated or like he cares at all about winning or losing. That's all.

I had no idea I was going to start a firestorm by positing a simple question. I'm not insinuating that McGahee should be traded or anything. Rather, I'm saying that perhaps he needs to sit a bit. He doesn't seem motivated or like he cares at all about winning or losing. That's all.

769986[/snapback]

sorry bout that. did mean to lump you in with all the other jackasses that want willis out of buffalo asap :angry: I'm getting sick of everyone bashing and hating WM just because he's from UM.

Yah maybe the guy needs to be motivated a bit, but he played well yesterday. I find it tough that a player wouldnt care about winning and losing. everyone cares about wins and losses.

Willis isnt perfect. Willis isnt smart. But willis is a good back with talent. Sometimes disappointment from a close loss like yesterday can come across as not caring. Maybe this week the coaching staff can find a way to get into his head. Willis played his nuts off when he had to fight off travis henry.

Sitting Willis would be crazy. He played a good game, and is a star and a stud. I don't know how long he will be with the Bills, but he better play when he is with us, and he better get the ball as often as we can if we want to win. No chance at all you sit one of your best players because he didn't convert a 4th and 1 (Fowler) or based on any other judgement on this game.

Huh? It would have been first and goal from the 6 with a 17-7 lead. That was a win baby.

769234[/snapback]

Yeah right. Keep drinking the Cool Aid.

They were worried about protecting a 10 point lead so the gambled a way a potential 13 point lead for a lower potential 17 point lead. Then they did not execute the 4th and 1. As most of you know, I was against the call, but so be it .. the coach showed some balls and set some expectations for his team.

After the failed 4th and 1 we were out gained by 205 yards to 5, outscored by 12-0, and we never even got another first down.

Lets look at how many points the Losman led Bills actually scored in the 2nd half last season. Then consider that we had the worst red zone offense and the 31st ranked offense in the league. 1st and goal from the 6 would have been great but still no garauntee that we score.

It amazes me that people think that we would have won had we scored that "potential" touchdown. :D

If his "ankle" is so bad that it caused him to drop from a 4.2 to a 2.9 YPA average, why not sit him. I have several problems with the "U"-boy.

1) He doesn't have good situational awareness in the game. He never seems to find the big hole and attack it.

2) He doesn't seem to CARE whether he wins or loses. Not the type of guy I want for a feature back.

3) A-train seemed to run with a lot more power and authority than did Willis.

I think that a few games on the bench might be just what the doctor ordered for "the best RB in the NFL."

I think it might be time to stop drafting UM players.

769139[/snapback]

Joe, I am not a fan of McGahee's attitide but unless Willis is really hurt bad I think you stick with him. I think he can make more big plays and is a back that usually gets better as the game goes on. From my vantage point the Bills OL got mauled in the second half ... starting from the failed 4th and 1 and continuing for the rest of the game. They just did not run block or pass block very well. It is imperative that McNally and Fairchild look at the film and find out what NE did in the second half. Hopefully is was not just getting beat man-on-man and is something we can correct with blocking schemes.

As for A-Train, he looked good and I would like to see him get more carries. Maybe he is the short yardage back we have been looking for?

Final note, the defensive player that blew up the 4th is 1 was Vince Wolfork. He penetrated deep and slowed the play up behind the line of scrimmage. I think he is from "the U" so I would not totally knock the UM players.

Final note, the defensive player that blew up the 4th is 1 was Vince Wolfork.  He penetrated deep and slowed the play up behind the line of scrimmage.  I think he is from "the U" so I would not totally knock the UM players.

770467[/snapback]

As a matter of fact, he is.

Yes, sit him. When the defense is on the field.

I don't know what game you guys were watching but if Willis (or any other back) ran as fast as he could as soon as the ball was snapped and took the handoff and barrelled into the line like a bat out of hell he would have lost one yard instead of almost gaining one yard.

Yes, sit him. When the defense is on the field.

I don't know what game you guys were watching but if Willis (or any other back) ran as fast as he could as soon as the ball was snapped and took the handoff and barrelled into the line like a bat out of hell he would have lost one yard instead of almost gaining one yard.

770599[/snapback]

Tell that to Priest Holmes.

JDG