Do we sit Willis?

If his "ankle" is so bad that it caused him to drop from a 4.2 to a 2.9 YPA average, why not sit him. I have several problems with the "U"-boy.

1) He doesn't have good situational awareness in the game. He never seems to find the big hole and attack it.

2) He doesn't seem to CARE whether he wins or loses. Not the type of guy I want for a feature back.

3) A-train seemed to run with a lot more power and authority than did Willis.

I think that a few games on the bench might be just what the doctor ordered for "the best RB in the NFL."

I think it might be time to stop drafting UM players.

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No. If he is able to go, play him. He needs to be given the chance to get into a groove. He showed excellent speed yesterday, and I thought he demonstrated good field vision yesterday, as he cut back and reversed field successfully a few times.

And if he is less than 100 percent, then split his carries with A-Train. But there is no doubt that WM is a much better receiving threat than A-Train.

Oh yeah, does anyone remember Gates now?

No. If he is able to go, play him. He needs to be given the chance to get into a groove. He showed excellent speed yesterday, and I thought he demonstrated good field vision yesterday, as he cut back and reversed field successfully a few times.

And if he is less than 100 percent, then split his carries with A-Train. But there is no doubt that WM is a much better receiving threat than A-Train.

Oh yeah, does anyone remember Gates now?

769191[/snapback]

Willis dances too much. Had he dove straight ahead on that 4th and 1 we'd be talking about a Bills win today. The failure on that play was not the OL's, it was Willis'.

Willis dances too much. Had he dove straight ahead on that 4th and 1 we'd be talking about a Bills win today. The failure on that play was not the OL's, it was Willis'.

769193[/snapback]

We may not be talking about a win, but atleast we would have less posts about DJ making a "Dumb playcall that cost the game"

769193[/snapback]

Yes, he dances, which is what he is built for. Remember last year when he stopped dancing after he was called out by the NFL's worst coach? How did that work out for us?

Though, he should be ashamed that he had such poor situational awareness that he didn't know it was fourth down.

I agree that a first down there would not have necessarily meant a win for us. We still couldn't stop the run or the tight ends.

We play Willis, but if he can't get something going expect to see more Thomas.

I was pleasantly surprised by AT's receiving to, and he definitely was key to the long drive we had while he was in there.

Yes, he dances, which is what he is built for. Remember last year when he stopped dancing after he was called out by the NFL's worst coach? How did that work out for us?

Though, he should be ashamed that he had such poor situational awareness that he didn't know it was fourth down.

I agree that a first down there would not have necessarily meant a win for us. We still couldn't stop the run or the tight ends.

769207[/snapback]

Huh? It would have been first and goal from the 6 with a 17-7 lead. That was a win baby.

We still couldn't stop the run

769207[/snapback]

No we couldn't.

or their tight ends.

769207[/snapback]

I think 4 catches for 73 yards (Watson 3 for 50, Graham 1 for 23) suggests they had a few big plays, but with two rookie safeties playing most of the game, I wouldn't say that's bad at all. Whitner made a great read and broke early on Watson's route for his pick. Overall, not too bad. With the receivers NE had on the field, two rooks holding those two talented TE's to 4 catches is ok to me.

I agree. WM should be sat down awhile.

He always shuffles left or right before hitting the hole.

Not knowing that it was 4th down was inexcuseable.

His "doesn't matter" attitude is not what we need.

Plus, he won't be around next year anyway.

Play the "A-Train"

How quickly people forget he turned a blown up screen pass from a 5 yard loss in to a 20+ yard gain by shaking free from the entire pats front 7.

A-Train doesn't give you that.

I'm constantly shocked at the fans here. I would have expected more from a blue collar town. You act like white collar powder puff girls when something bad happens.

situational awareness in the game. He never seems to find the big hole and attack it.

2) He doesn't seem to CARE whether he wins or loses. Not the type of guy I want for a feature back.

769139[/snapback]

This is the part that bothers me the most. He seems like every stoner I have ever know. They could care less what happens one way or another.

Willis seems to like the idea of playing football or being a football player, not being part of this team or about winning.

That's my biggest problem with the whole "Miami guys train together in the off season, not with their team" thing.

The only "team" they seem to care about is the U. Much more concerned about their individual stats and glory than the role they play on their team.

I think it might be time to stop drafting UM players.

769139[/snapback]

I'm happy with Willis, thought he looked very good in the 1st half before getting nicked up. Roscoe on PR though is still a fumble waiting to happen, I had hoped his "catching" would be better this year.

This is the part that bothers me the most. He seems like every stoner I have ever know.  They could care less what happens one way or another.

Willis seems to like the idea of playing football or being a football player, not being part of this team or about winning.

That's the biggest part of the whole "Miami guys train together in the off season, not with their team" thing.

The only "team" they seem to care about is the U. Much more concerned about their individual stats and glory than the role they play on their team.

769320[/snapback]

He's exactly the type of player I don't want to cheer for.

He's stupid and he doesn't seem to care.

I'm constantly shocked at the fans here. I would have expected more from a blue collar town. You act like white collar powder puff girls when something bad happens.

769312[/snapback]

I'm constantly shocked at WM's lack of game awareness. If you don't know it's 4th and 1 and that you are going to kill a 75 yard drive and any prospect for points if you don't go 3 feet, something is wrong. My jaw dropped when I read that quote.

He showed a lot of guts yesterday playing on a bum ankle. He just nees to pull his head out.