Results of R. Rich's Buffalo Bills Keeper League

R. Rich

Well, we've finished our second year, and it was a good one. Here's how the teams fared:

10th place: Nutcrackers

9th place: Blitzing Barracudas

8th place: Absolut Power

7th place: Wu Tang Financial

6th place: Saratoga Swingers

5th place: Pro Bowler

and the top 4 finishers, who each receive a cash prize:

4th place ($25 cash award): Shop Wreckers

3rd place ($50 cash award): Buffalo Stampede

2nd place ($75 cash award): BUFFALO RULES

and our Year 2 Champion, recipient of the $100 grand prize...

BuffBills#1

Congratulations to BuffBills#1 and to all of our prize winners. Great season. To those of you who have won cash prizes, PM me the address to send your payment to. All winnings will be sent out by Super Bowl weekend.

Here is the draft order for next year:

1. Nutcrackers

2. Blitzing Barracudas

3. Absolut Power

4. Wu Tang Financial

5. Saratoga Swingers

6. Pro Bowler

7. Shop Wreckers

8. Buffalo Stampede

9. BUFFALO RULES

10. BuffBills#1

Looks like Nutcrackers is the winner of the Reggie Bush Derby. I finished 3rd. Oh well.

Again, congratulations to all of our teams, and I look forward to another exciting and competitive season in Year 3.

See you then!

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, we've finished our second year, and it was a good one.  Here's how the teams fared:

10th place:  Nutcrackers

9th place:  Blitzing Barracudas

8th place:  Absolut Power

7th place:  Wu Tang Financial

6th place:  Saratoga Swingers

5th place:  Pro Bowler

and the top 4 finishers, who each receive a cash prize:

4th place ($25 cash award):  Shop Wreckers

3rd place ($50 cash award):  Buffalo Stampede

2nd place ($75 cash award):  BUFFALO RULES

and our Year 2 Champion, recipient of the $100 grand prize...

BuffBills#1

Congratulations to BuffBills#1 and to all of our prize winners.  Great season.  To those of you who have won cash prizes, PM me the address to send your payment to.  All winnings will be sent out by Super Bowl weekend.

Here is the draft order for next year:

1.  Nutcrackers

2.  Blitzing Barracudas

3.  Absolut Power

4.  Wu Tang Financial

5.  Saratoga Swingers

6.  Pro Bowler

7.  Shop Wreckers

8.  Buffalo Stampede

9.  BUFFALO RULES

10.  BuffBills#1

Looks like Nutcrackers is the winner of the Reggie Bush Derby.  I finished 3rd.  Oh well.

Again, congratulations to all of our teams, and I look forward to another exciting and competitive season in Year 3. 

See you then!

560762[/snapback]

Hey Rich - a couple of questions:

-Keepers - still 3? And when do we have to declare our keepers?

-Nutcrackers - who is taking over for them?

Hey Rich - a couple of questions:

-Keepers - still 3? And when do we have to declare our keepers?

-Nutcrackers - who is taking over for them?

560804[/snapback]

I was going to post a message about the keepers, Tony. I was considering expanding it from 3 to 5 or 6 keepers. What do you think?

I didn't know Nutcrackers was out. I'll try to catch up w/ them to get the true story.

I was going to post a message about the keepers, Tony.  I was considering expanding it from 3 to 5 or 6 keepers.  What do you think?

I didn't know Nutcrackers was out.  I'll try to catch up w/ them to get the true story.

560881[/snapback]

I wouldn't increase keepers until the start of a season - it probably would have changed they way some people drafted at the start. Take it from someone who's been a commish for 12 years - if you make a change like this now everyone will accuse you of changing the rules to give yourself an advantage (ie. - because you personally want to keep 5 or 6 guys you had this year). Changes have to be made at the start of a season, when everyone starts on even ground.

Nutcrackers was AWOL since about week 4. I understand if there are extreme circumstances (illness, death in the family, etc.), but short of that there's no excuse to leave a dead team. I know some teams got easy wins because they were playing a dead team with bye players in the lineup - not fair to those of us who do show up. My vote is to can them.

I agree pretty much with both of what The Avenger has said. Especially the Keeper thing, this year it has to stay at 3, and if you want to change it you should let everyone in the league now before the start of the season. My keepers are Shaun Alexander, Lamont Jordan, and Steve Smith.

• 3 weeks later...
Buffalo#1 I'm not putting in my keepers until at least a couple of months.  I want to see where players go in free agency.

586394[/snapback]

I'd also like to hold off on making my keeper selections, but I believe the deadline for making choices should be set by our esteemed commish. Rich?

Sounds like a plan.

The deadline for designating keepers will be July 1st.  You can post who you want to keep (remember, 3 keepers per team) @ any time up until July 1st, but please do so in our forum on the league's site.

586993[/snapback]

Will the site be active and at the same URL during the offseason?

• 1 month later...

"Congratulations to BuffBills#1 and to all of our prize winners. Great season. To those of you who have won cash prizes, PM me the address to send your payment to. All winnings will be sent out by Super Bowl weekend." (By: R. Rich)

I never recieved any of my winnings.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.