It's Official, Drew is out of Dallas, (Henson)

Mr. T

It wasn't long ago that many on this board were screaming for the Bills to make a big move to bring this guy to Buffalo. Many voiced serious complaints when he ended up in Dallas instead.

Just another example that the QB position is by far the most difficult position to gauge coming out of college. Guys like Henson, Akai Smith, Couch, Leif look great when their playing against 19 - 22 yr olds, but when they face real ball players they become average at best.

I really hope JP proves otherwise this year and begins to lite it up, but if he does not or never does, he won't be the first, nor the last.

It wasn't long ago that many on this board were screaming for the Bills to make a big move to bring this guy to Buffalo.  Many voiced serious complaints when he ended up in Dallas instead.

Just another example that the QB position is by far the most difficult position to gauge coming out of college.  Guys like Henson, Akai Smith, Couch, Leif look great when their playing against 19 - 22 yr olds, but when they face real ball players they become average at best.

I really hope JP proves otherwise this year and begins to lite it up, but if he does not or never does, he won't be the first, nor the last.

750245[/snapback]

In all fairness to Henson, he was never even given a shot in Dallas. Parcells never liked him at all. And we all have heard how much of a dickhead he can be when you're on his list. I remember hearing them say that he (Henson) looked better than Leftwitch when they were working out together. The guy atleast desrves a shot in a place where he gets a chance to play. He could probably go to Cleveland, or Minnesota, or St. Louis and atleast be the back-up QB.

Anyways, to comment on your point T.

Yes, people around here are stupid, annoying, idiots. I remember thinking it might be nice to get Henson but I don't think I ever posted about it, and I definately did not complain when we didn't get him.

The archive does not go back far enough to dig up old threads and rub in it people's faces, but yeah those who thought we were stupid for not giving away 1st rounders for Drew Henson need to fess up.

people around here are stupid, annoying, idiots.

750271[/snapback]

Fortunately we have the brilliance of classy, humble posters such as yourself to ameliorate everybody else's shortcomings.

Blah, come on admit it.. the "Trade all your picks and draft Winston Justice NOW!!!!" posters get on your nerves too.

750283[/snapback]

Hyperbole, straw men and caterwauling are not my strong suits.....

Hyperbole, straw men and caterwauling are not my strong suits.....

750296[/snapback]

Looks by your av that picking your nose is though. I just hope you flick or wipe when you're finished and not anything else. :devil:

Is Henson still PS eligible?  I'd take him for that.  Someone will sign him, he gets at least one more shot.

750310[/snapback]

For some people, hype dies hard. Let's sign Maurice Clarett while we're at it.

Face it, those years of playing baseball have ruined Henson. Now he has no career in either sport. I hope he invested his signing bonuses wisely.

PTR

Drew Hensen is the reason I started the Lauvale Sape Fan club. 90% of this board was pissed off at TD for wasting a 6th round pick on Lauvale when he SHOULD have taken baseball player Drew Hensen......... Well Lauvale is still on the team and Drew Hensen is 4th string behind our favorite son Drew Bledsoe....

The Lauvale Sape fan club is now accepting apologies........

In all fairness to Henson, he was never even given a shot in Dallas. Parcells never liked him at all. And we all have heard how much of a dickhead he can be when you're on his list. I remember hearing them say that he (Henson) looked better than Leftwitch when they were working out together. The guy atleast desrves a shot in a place where he gets a chance to play. He could probably go to Cleveland, or Minnesota, or St. Louis and atleast be the back-up QB.

750268[/snapback]

This is 100% correct...

Henson went to NFL Europe and did a decent job there...At least he showed promise...10 TD's to only 3 INT's...84.2 QB Rating in 203 attempts...Not bad considering it was the first real PT Henson has got at QB in quite some time now...

But Parcell just hated on the Kid over and over again. When asked about the promise Henson showed in Europe Parcells made a wise-ass comment, something like..."That's funny, I was hoping He would do a lot better..." Henson had zero chance of Playing under Parcells...And unless someone figures out a way to get Henson on the Field so he can learn, his NFL dream seems to be drifting away... :lol: