Do the Bills need help at WR?

mis3384

should the bills trade for Jerry Porter? or are we good with what we have?

---- I would love to see Jerry and Lee line up...have Price, Reed and Davis..DEPTH

and does anyone know if Peter Boulware is still a FA?

should the bills trade for Joey Porter? or are we good with what we have?

---- I would love to see Joey and Lee line up...have Price, Reed and Davis..DEPTH

and does anyone know if Peter Boulware is still a FA?

749939[/snapback]

Don't they want something like 2 first rounders for Porter....no thanks....he is a quality WR but not someone I would break the bank for....lets shore up our OL before we blow our load on a WR for something like 5 million a year

Don't they want something like 2 first rounders for Porter....no thanks....he is a quality WR but not someone I would break the bank for....lets shore up our OL before we blow our load on a WR for something like 5 million a year

749979[/snapback]

Two first rounders is steep. But I would trade John McCargo and Donte Whitner for him so it doesn't sound so steep when you put names to the picks.

Yea they do want 2 1st rounders...but thats crazy and denver dropped their asking price for ashley to a 3rd....what about Parrish or Aiken or Reed or Price AND a 3rd RD draft pick for Porter?

Two first rounders is steep. But I would trade John McCargo and Donte Whitner for him so it doesn't sound so steep when you put names to the picks.

749989[/snapback]

No way. Two possible starters for an aging and underacheiving receiver.

749989[/snapback]

This may be the worst suggested trade of all time. Jerry Porter? A guy who has never managed a 1000 yard season? Who has over 100 fewer catches than Peerless Price, despite only playing one fewer season, not to mention 1600 fewer yards?

This may be the worst suggested trade of all time.  Jerry Porter?  A guy who has never managed a 1000 yard season?  Who has over 100 fewer catches than Peerless Price, despite only playing one fewer season, not to mention 1600 fewer yards?

750023[/snapback]

All things considered equal and if they were both UFA's, I'd take Porter in a heartbeat over Price. Talent aside, Porter is looking to break the bank and he's had some injury problems in the past.

My point wasn't so much that Price is better than Porter, and we should stick with him, but that Porter is in the general class of WRs that includes Peerless Price -that is, pretty freaking average. Compared to two first round picks, you gotta do way better than Price, not be in his league.