John from Hemet

Bench Drew Bledsoe at the earliest opportunity......

I is kind of comical that in what probably was his best game of the year he just did one too many things for me to stand with him.....

Coming out of a timeout.....to FUMBLE THE BALL.......and change the game with NE running it back for a defensive score......I cannot take any more.....

Then....to watch that last 2 minutes was especially painfull.....pats blitz.....Drew throws short.....sometimes caught sometimes not but NEVER with a opportunity to make anything out of it.......

Also.....one high pass cost us a score and another one got Ryan Neufeld killed over the middle by that !@#$ Harrison.......

It has now become painfully apparent to me as I sat and watched the end of that game to figure out what a lot of folks here and every NFL coach knows....

Your a great person Drew.....but....I am tired of watching this team lose NOT BECAUSE THEY WERE NOT THE BETTER TEAM....but because they know if they just wait long enough WE WILL make the mistake that loses it.......

Man....I am bummed

I'd prefer some answers to questions before running Drew out of town.

On his interception, was it him or Moulds that blew it?

His fumble looked like a "cluster f**k". Did he screw up, did Henry, where was the blocking?

The last two minutes was just out of control... I don't just blame Drew.

He threw a few really nice passes today. I blame penalties, especially Mr Overzealous Fletcher and Coy Wire's "play"... if we are singling people out.

It makes more sense to use the old adage... "win as a team, lose as a team." Once this team and coach learns/remembers how to win, we will get better.

Just as I said after the Jacksoville game, Drew played as well as he is capable.....and still played medicore.

I suspect that we'll see the "Oakland Drew" on the road next week.

Maybe a lot of things weren't his fault, but what about the 1st possession 3rd&goal? Did he think Josh Reed was Yao Ming? And can you envision Brady misfiring that badly in those circumstances with virtually no pass-rush?

Wow, John, you're losing credibility with me.

DB played rather well today. 80% of those mistakes today had nothing to do with him!

Check out Wire's play today and then pass judgment.

P.S., did you watch the game at all?

DB played rather well today.  80% of those mistakes today had nothing to do with him! 

54160[/snapback]

Even if you are right about 80%, the 20% cost us the game. Drew is a great guy but he must go.

DB played rather well today.  80% of those mistakes today had nothing to do with him! 

54160[/snapback]

I watch EVERY game.....I watch them...tape them....break them down....

I have gone for what seems an eternety of "well yes the QB isn't changing things but somebody else screwed the pooch"

The fact of the matter is that this team is not good enough to have a "facilitator" at quarterback......we dont have enough other guys making the great catch, breaking a tackle, coming up with the key interception, etc etc etc

Somewhere we need the QB....because this isn't a good team right now.....to make a play......

I am not saying that other people didn't mistakes.....but we seem to have one person in particular that is making mistakes IN EVERY GAME.....and they all seem to happen at in opportune times when it comes to Drew.....

The moral of this team is going to fall apart very soon if something is not done........and since they drafted JP Losman for a reason....we need to look to the future.....

Now....maybe I will feel differently tomorrow.....but that is def the way I see it right now

I have gone for what seems an eternety of "well yes the QB isn't changing things but somebody else screwed the pooch"

The fact of the matter is that this team is not good enough to have a "facilitator" at quarterback......we dont have enough other guys making the great catch, breaking a tackle, coming up with the key interception, etc etc etc

Somewhere we need the QB....because this isn't a good team right now.....to make a play......

I am not saying that other people didn't mistakes.....but we seem to have one person in particular that is making mistakes IN EVERY GAME.....and they all seem to happen at in opportune times when it comes to Drew.....

The moral of this team is going to fall apart very soon if something is not done........and since they drafted JP Losman for a reason....we need to look to the future.....

Now....maybe I will feel differently tomorrow.....but that is def the way I see it right now

55074[/snapback]

The key game is Miami. If they don't win that one, the team will implode.

Of course, that would pave the way for a qb change when JP gets the ok.

55074[/snapback]

The real problem with Drew, imo, is that he accentuates our deficiencies on offense instead of masking them. He might still be a decent QB given just the right situation, but on this team he just makes everything look worse than it really is. He needs an offensive line that can pick up the blitz just about every time, because when things break down he doesn't know how to make plays under pressure.

The problem is there are only a few teams in the league with Olines like this and in this day and age of the NFL few Olines stays together long enough to really become this cohesive. Breakdowns happen and we need a QB who can slide around in the pocket or make rocket quick decisions on where to go with the ball...a quick release helps too. Drew does none of these things. In fact, these are his biggest weaknesses, and so, on this team, it just makes everything else look that much worse.

55074[/snapback]

Anyone notice that the Steelers are 2-0 with Roelithsberger starting? :)

54160[/snapback]

I don't care how our defense played today......they are an above average unit and that's the leasst of our worries right now. But in regards to your comment, Coy Wire does NOT play offense. Our offense has sucked for over a YEAR. It's time to make a change. Bledsoe has had plenty of time to take this team on his shoulders and MAKE something happen with it. He hasn't gotten the job done. The QB is the heart and soul of the offense, and our offense is majorly lacking. I say give Bledsoe the chance to get us to 3-3....if he can do that, then great. But if he loses one more game, JP starts as soon as he's ready.

The real problem with Drew, imo, is that he accentuates our deficiencies on offense instead of masking them.  He might still be a decent QB given just the right situation, but on this team he just makes everything look worse than it really is.  He needs an offensive line that can pick up the blitz just about every time, because when things break down he doesn't know how to make plays under pressure. 

The problem is there are only a few teams in the league with Olines like this and in this day and age of the NFL few Olines stays together long enough to really become this cohesive.  Breakdowns happen and we need a QB who can slide around in the pocket or make rocket quick decisions on where to go with the ball...a quick release helps too.  Drew does none of these things.  In fact, these are his biggest weaknesses, and so, on this team, it just makes everything else look that much worse.

55089[/snapback]

A nice way of stating what is now becoming obvious to most. Drew is a mediocre qb at best. hmmm.. he cant move. He can't make snap decisions. He doesnt have a quick release. To me that adds up to a 2nd or 3rd string qb.

55074[/snapback]

Fair enough!

But a change of QB doesn't translate into fewer drops, better blitz pickups, better tackling, the elimination of mistakes, etc.

Also note that first Pats TD. Adams and Williams are nowhere to be found on the reply when Dillon took it straight up the middle for 15 yards+. I fail to see how DB is to blame here.

Drew's INT was Mould's fault cuz he ran the wrong route. He didn't even look for the ball like all receivers are supposed to on a passing play.

Wire is killing this time on defense all by himself and nothing is done about this guy. All we want is DB benched!

I'm not saying JP won't be the QB sometime in the future but blame needs to pointed at the culprits responsible. Also note on his fumble and the two guys barreling in on him unblocked! I've noticed that TH has recently taken the blame for this himself.

Defense most definitely took the day off while the offense fought for 3 quarters.

Drew is getting better each and every week and it's very noticeable.

It's very embarrassing when ST has been the MVP for our team thus far.

Defense most definitely took the day off while the offense fought for 3 quarters.     

55132[/snapback]

The offense played well for a half. 10 points in the first half isn't bad...they got completely shut out the second half...not sure how you can give 'em the 3rd quarter.

This is the 3rd straight game where the O put up 10 points...I guess I'm not seeing the "improvement" that you are.

Drew's INT was Mould's fault cuz he ran the wrong route.  He didn't even look for the ball like all receivers are supposed to on a passing play. 

55132[/snapback]

Bzzzz... Wrong! Drew admitted the INT was on him, nice try though. At least you pretend to know what you're talking about.

John

Though DB had his share of miscues today - all the reviews say Henry (and possibly the coaching staff) f'd up on that 4th and 3. Also, notice in the last 1:30, Harrison kept coming thru the same hole in a blitz and it seemed like no one even cared or noticed?

Wassup with dat?

I realize the temptation is to put JP in there for mobility etc. But behind this line, he'll just reinjure his fibula and we'll have to cart JP into a psych ward mumbling "Where did *HE* come from?"

If we need to put some other QB in there - and I understand but disagree with the rationale - then I think it should be Matthews. Only if and when this O-line plays with pride (as they seemed to do in the 1st two quarters), do we risk our long term investment. Not until...

Charles