Does Bledsoe have to now make the Playoffs

stevestojan

With all this talk of Losman, it got me to thinking. What if Bledsoe turns this around. What if he breaks his 26 game incompitancy streak and does well? Does 8-8 get him his job back next year? Or will it take a playoff berth? I mean, I would like to see JP in there too, but i think the best time to put him in to see what he really has is after the season is too far gone (which might be right around the time he gets 100% healthy). So, do you think Drew has a chance of being back next year? Can we blame the OLine and dropped balls enough to bring him back if we go 3-13?

Thoughts...

No chance regardless IMO. If we make the playoffs it will be because we limit Drews role. His contract is ridiculous- we will cut him seconds after June 1st. We have our future QB soaking in all the football knowledge he can this year. Drew is a goner. I bet he doesnt even finish the season as the starter. Hell if he sucks ass as per usual this weekend he will be booed out of the stadium

I think the only thing that prevents Drew from being the starter on opening day in '05 is a 0-16 season. The way his contract is set up, they are pegging him to start for 2 years (this year included) and let JP learn on the same road that Pennington learned.

With JP's injury, it may have cemented that thinking because I find it highly unlikely that JP even sees the field this year. The only way he would have seen it would be if Drew was hurt or if they fall completley out of contention. But now with Mathews on board there is no need for JP to play. Afterall, why would they risk the future's health? Had he not broken his leg, it might be a different story. But I suspect that the coaching staff will let JP practice this year but not put him into the fire. Frankly, I would be mad if they did.

I think if the Bills manage to string together a couple wins here and there this year, and Drew continues to perform okay (he hasn't been BAD yet, he just hasn't been good. He is certainly improved from last year) he will go into the season as the starter.

He will be on a short leash though in 05.

Just my opinion though.

With all this talk of Losman, it got me to thinking. What if Bledsoe turns this around. What if he breaks his 26 game incompitancy streak and does well? Does 8-8 get him his job back next year? Or will it take a playoff berth? I mean, I would like to see JP in there too, but i think the best time to put him in to see what he really has is after the season is too far gone (which might be right around the time he gets 100% healthy). So, do you think Drew has a chance of being back next year? Can we blame the OLine and dropped balls enough to bring him back if we go 3-13?

Thoughts...

50336[/snapback]

8/8 NO I JUST DONT SEE IT! Bleadsoe's problem is in his head maybe by being replaced by brady! will he ever get over it ? haveing most of his fans (new england) the only fans he ever knew people he thought was his family turn on him! crushing his spirit ? :devil: Drew time to put it behind you ! time to put up or shut up! time to show what you are made of! play to WIN or LEAVE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D

Will Losman do anything for dropped balls?

Will Losman spark Henry into running over people again?

Will Losman improve our offensive line by running for his life before getting sacked?

If bledsoe gets us to the playoffs, he'll be back next season for sure. We'll blame the first couple of losses on the team jelling and that will be that. If the season contiune to goes like it has... he's gone.

Who gets cut first Lindell or Bledsoe?

With all this talk of Losman, it got me to thinking. What if Bledsoe turns this around. What if he breaks his 26 game incompitancy streak and does well? Does 8-8 get him his job back next year? Or will it take a playoff berth?

Drew Bledsoe himself declared playoffs or bust in 2004.

If he can't live up to his own exptections, I doubt the franchise will grant him more time to rebuild his shattered psyche.

Although, I sincerely hope Bledsoe comes to life because I want JP Losman to spend a year or two on the bench without being hurried into the starting role. Similar to Chad Pennington's situation in NY.

With all this talk of Losman, it got me to thinking. What if Bledsoe turns this around. What if he breaks his 26 game incompitancy streak and does well?

Thoughts...

50336[/snapback]

Yeah, and what if McGahee sprouts wings and flys all around the field and no one can touch him. Or if magic pixies and angels prevent our players from getting tackled...

In order for him to be the 2005 starter he's got to be the leader of a changed attitude Bills.

If they go down swinging and doing some damage along the way, if they give some reasonable basis for (dare I say it) OPTIMISM then he'll remain the starter for the opening of 2005.

If he continues to stevestojan the bed and the Offense continues to look like Professor Irwin Cory all year, he could be unemployed by January.

Thoughts...

50336[/snapback]

I guess it might depend on how we reach 8-8......If we are 2-6 going into

the 2nd half of the season, expect to see Lossman this year itself to get his

feet wet. If we are 8-6 going into the final two games and lose both of them.

then there is a good chance MM sticks with DB for one more year.