Jason Peters is practicing at Tackle

Mike32282

Empire Sports Ticker reports that TE Jason Peters is getting reps at offensive tackle during practice.   B)

49854[/snapback]

He suppossed to be dumb if I recall the talk on him....so put him on the O line? Be afraid Drew be very afraid.

Can't you see some D lineman telling Peters his fly is open and he looks.

Boy, try to report any Bills news to this site and get ready for all the sarcasm!

50013[/snapback]

The sarcasm is unfortunately predictable. I can see why some folks are worried about TSW because there are a lot of posts lately from folks more interested in their own opinion than they are about the Bills. This strikes me as the main problem.

I think this is a problem in the making. Most of your better offensive tackles are guys ranging in size from 300-315, guys who have speed to handle speed rushers and blitzing lb's coming off the edges, and have quick feet to maintain their balance and bounce back and forth keeping their blocking responsibility in front of them. If this is our future starting LT and we let Jonas Jennings walk, our oline is billsfanone. This guy like Mike williams is big and fat, with marginal foot speed.The bills need to stop putting guys who are better off playing guard at tackle.

OT was the plan all along, once he was re-signed to the practice squad. No surprise. The footwork is sure there. 

Get him a phonics playbook and prepare him for 2005. Jennings will be leaving after this season.

50037[/snapback]

I certainly hope that Peters is not "the plan" for next year......we need a veterant there....but it sure would be nice if he panned out.....

You could run the Tackle Eligible play....A LOT

OT was the plan all along, once he was re-signed to the practice squad. No surprise. The footwork is sure there. 

Get him a phonics playbook and prepare him for 2005. Jennings will be leaving after this season.

50037[/snapback]

I certainly hope that Peters is not "the plan" for next year......we need a veterant there....but it sure would be nice if he panned out.....

You could run the Tackle Eligible play....A LOT

I think this is a problem in the making. Most of your better offensive tackles are guys ranging in size from 300-315, guys who have speed to handle speed rushers and blitzing lb's coming off the edges, and have quick feet to maintain their balance and bounce back and forth keeping their blocking responsibility in front of them.  If this is our future starting LT and we let Jonas Jennings walk, our oline is billsfanone.  This guy like Mike williams is big and fat, with marginal foot speed.The bills need to stop putting guys who are better off playing guard at tackle.

50043[/snapback]

Uh, if you saw any training camp photos, Peters is NOT fat. He's 6'4" and 324#, and runs a 4.9 40-yard. That's far from "marginal foot speed," and is bordering on elite for a LT. Whether he has the acumen to play LT remains to be seen, but he's got the size/speed/athleticism.

I think this is a problem in the making. Most of your better offensive tackles are guys ranging in size from 300-315, guys who have speed to handle speed rushers and blitzing lb's coming off the edges, and have quick feet to maintain their balance and bounce back and forth keeping their blocking responsibility in front of them.  If this is our future starting LT and we let Jonas Jennings walk, our oline is billsfanone.  This guy like Mike williams is big and fat, with marginal foot speed.The bills need to stop putting guys who are better off playing guard at tackle.

50043[/snapback]

Is this meant as a sarcasm post?

Peters "average foot speed" at Tight End would probably make him the most agile tackle in the nfl?

That is of course....just my opinion

50043[/snapback]

Way off base about Peters ability to move on his feet. He runs a sub 5 on the 40 and all the hype on him has been about his speed and maneuverability for a guy his size.

I could see Peters playing RT (assuming he panned out), Teague at LT, Williams at LG, a FA at Center and Villarrial at RG. Then again I can see a lot of different possibilities on the OL.

I still dont see y u wouldnt want to use him as a TE...was he really that stupid that he couldnt play TE well?...on running plays this would mean that we would have 2 big tackles standing next to eachother to runblock...of course this lets the D know were running but it could also fake them out once or twice for big gains to evans :devil: ... i personaly dont like who we have in as TE now anyways so y not peters...but I do like sfladave1's line there plus a better TE with moulds evans and reed at wideouts with HENRY(not mghee) as rb....no comment on the qb tho..lol