Dear TBDers

NJSUE

I just read your post about the change in the board. I know I have not been posting as much as I used to... (damn my new job with all its responsibility!) but I lurk when I can. And your right, there is a lot of negativity on the board right now.

I guess people are getting frustrated with how our beloved team is playing and we are starting to take it out on the people on this board.

The truth is that this board is a family... and sometimes families bicker, B word and fight with each other. That's what is happening now! However, when the chips are down and a TBDer needs help or advice ;) (or even a shoulder to cry on)... This board has never, EVER, turned it's back on someone in pain.

Maybe we can all take a minute and remember a thread that made their day.

(Ill go first :wub: )

Thanks to all the people who sent me their support when I lost someone close to me to cancer. (about 5 weeks ago) That thread and the PMs that went with it ment the world to me. It was not a long thread... but it was the best "read" I"ve ever had

Nick in RaChaCha

Go Bills!

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

NJSUE

I just read your post about the change in the board.  I know I have not been posting as much as I used to... (damn my new job with all its responsibility!) but I lurk when I can. And your right, there is a lot of negativity on the board right now. 

I guess people are getting frustrated with how our beloved team is playing and we are starting to take it out on the people on this board. 

The truth is that this board is a family... and sometimes families bicker, B word and fight with each other.  That's what is happening now!  However, when the chips are down and a TBDer needs help or advice  ;)  (or even a shoulder to cry on)... This board has never, EVER, turned it's back on someone in pain.

Maybe we can all take a minute and remember a thread that made their day.

(Ill go first  :wub: )

Thanks to all the people who sent me their support when I lost someone close to me to cancer.  (about 5 weeks ago) That thread and the PMs that went with it ment the world to me.  It was not a long thread... but it was the best "read" I"ve ever had

Nick in RaChaCha

Go Bills!

48773[/snapback]

You have my belated condolences. Some things put it all in perspective.

As for a thread that made it. They are numerous. The funny ones work. The good vibes coming after Pat Tillman's passing is something that I will always remember. But in your case, it's the avatar! I have sent that one across the continent a number of times!

Thanks to all the people who sent me their support when I lost someone close to me to cancer.  (about 5 weeks ago) That thread and the PMs that went with it ment the world to me.  It was not a long thread... but it was the best "read" I"ve ever had

Nick in RaChaCha

Go Bills!

48773[/snapback]

Same here when I lost my Dad 3 years 3 months 16 days and 14 hours ago.

;)

When my grandma passed away and I had to go to California. I got a lot of support on this board.

Also, several members sent me checks when I raised money for MDA (through their "jail" program) about a year and a half ago. You know who you are. ;)

Thank you.

Mike

This place was a pretty good support mechanism for me after 9/11, I was at the game that Sunday, flew in over the towers Sunday night, and Tuesday was 9/11. The morning of the 12th I just dumped my day onto this board, my wife read it and cried. I had told this place what happened before her.

Here is the problem nick, several of the posters will turn on you and use those events against you. It has happened to me as early as today. this board as a whole has lost a ton of what it used to be. The core is still there, but it isn't what it once was.

Guffalo, that was one great post you had brother. I kinda wish we could dig it and others on that day and the 12th and put it in its own TBD archive to go back and reflect on from time to time.

Mine was about what State Farm did to me. How they threw me out of the office like I was a piece of garbage.

Some people on this board tried help me find a job. Who I thanked tremedously.

What I learned when somepeople treat you wrongly. Is what comes around goes around. That office is laying people off by next march. Or they are reapplying for there jobs. I have got those who had done me dirty by the edge. If I see any of them sitting in the lobby waiting for an interview, well ;)

Auntie NJSue loves you Gus and all children. If I get the pleasure to meet you, promise to spoil you.

Mine was a thread about my friends almost dying in a car accident.  I got a PM from a very special person who is now an important part of my life.  It changed my life to be honest.

One of the strongest relationships I have today.

49062[/snapback]

LOVE YOU, Sweetie. ;)