Pickett to Packers

khlax3

Buckner is back with Carolina and still might retire. The Packers dumped Jackson in favor of Pickett. None of the others are an upgrade over what we had in Sam Adams.

630977[/snapback]

Marv Levy on the phone: "Hello Sam, we were only kidding."

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I think Triplett is our improvement over Adams, what we need is an improvement over Tim Anderson (so...a cardboard cut-out perhaps?).

And I'd take Grady Jackson ANY day of the week...at this point, beggers cant be choosers.

630980[/snapback]

IMO, Triplett will be eaten alive unless he has a stay-at-home DT partner to clog the middle. I'm pissed that we could lose to the Pack, unless they really panicked and overpaid. Jackson isn't as good, so it'd be a net loss if we ended up with him.

The O-Line neglect is disgusting. 

But I digress.  I'm guessing, but aren't Jackson, Buckner and Davis getting old?  The thing that sucks about guys like Pickett is that they could have been signed, and they could have been here for at least 5 years.  Most of the guys out there now are only stop-gap players. 

We have cap room.  And yet, we are letting young, proven, players slide away from us.  It's sickening, IMO.  And this is on both sides of the ball.

630981[/snapback]

They are old, but what would you rather have...old players who can still contribute? Or young players who get run over every play?

This board got pissed when Ted Washington signed elsewhere, so why not more love for a guy like Grady Jackson who is about 4 years younger and basically the same player? In fact, Jackson had more sacks, more tackles and more playing time than Washington had last year. The Bills need a wide body to play next to Trips...well, he's the widest body we can possibly find.

I think Triplett is our improvement over Adams, what we need is an improvement over Tim Anderson (so...a cardboard cut-out perhaps?).

And I'd take Grady Jackson ANY day of the week...at this point, beggers cant be choosers.

630980[/snapback]

Triplett would have been a compliment to Adams, as they are two different types of tackles. I expected more out of Anderson since he was a 3rd round pick. I share your sentiment about Beggars can't be choosers, but that is the problem. Beggars don't win football games. I don't want someone elses table scraps.

Why not trade for Denver's first two picks?

It's not like we're going to get anything we need at 8. But at least we beat the Bengals in a meaningless game.

:w00t:

630900[/snapback]

Ah, the old Bills draft rule of thumb...

There are (buffalo's pick # - 1) number of cant miss draft studs, and we will always miss out. :)

They are old, but what would you rather have...old players who can still contribute?  Or young players who get run over every play?

This board got pissed when Ted Washington signed elsewhere, so why not more love for a guy like Grady Jackson who is about 4 years younger and basically the same player?  In fact, Jackson had more sacks, more tackles and more playing time than Washington had last year.  The Bills need a wide body to play next to Trips...well, he's the widest body we can possibly find.

630991[/snapback]

Honestly, with the path we've taken so far......we are a 5-11 team that has taken another step backwards so far. So, I'd rather have a youth movement at this point and not take any more Sam Adam's types.

But seriously, even in that type of mold, we really can't even do that now. There are really no reall solid, younger guys left. It's all scrap heap stuff, that even if they all had career years, AND JP blossomed, we end up 8-8 at best.

What a waste we've been so far in Free Agency. Seriously, it's just about undefendable at this point.

The one thing we can't do is hold a gun to somebody's head and make them sign here. I'd like to think Marv and co. are going to do everything within reason to sign good players for this team. But if GB turns out to have offered Pickett a desperation contract (like the one the Vikes plopped down for Hutch) there's not a whole lot you can do. When you throw down that kind of cash you inevitably hurt yourself somewhere else.

I'd rather see justifiable bargain moves, getting a lot of guys who will fit what they're trying to do here.

I really wouldn't mind, given the way things look right now, trading down, taking Bunckley and netting another 1st day pick.

Funny how Romeo has brought them instant respect.

630910[/snapback]

Yep.

Browns | McGinest agrees to three-year deal

Wed, 15 Mar 2006 13:20:41 -0800

Len Pasquarelli, of ESPN.com, reports the Cleveland Browns have agreed to terms with free agent LB Willie McGinest (Patriots) on a three-year, $12 million deal.

Yep.

Browns | McGinest agrees to three-year deal

Wed, 15 Mar 2006 13:20:41 -0800

Len Pasquarelli, of ESPN.com, reports the Cleveland Browns have agreed to terms with free agent LB Willie McGinest (Patriots) on a three-year, $12 million deal.

631012[/snapback]

Having Romeo there helps...but so does being 30 million dollars under the salary cap. Pretty easy to look smart when you can throw 4 million dollar a year contracts at players.

I don't think that Pickett is that good a player. The Rams defense was horrible, and their castoffs are getting silly money out there....Archuleta 30 million?

The Bills still have Tim Anderson and Ron Edwards, correct? And Triplett? Maybe they'll get AJ Hawk to plug the middle anyway.

Marv ain't stupid.

I don't think that Pickett is that good a player.  The Rams defense was horrible, and their castoffs are getting silly money out there....Archuleta 30 million? 

The Bills still have Tim Anderson and Ron Edwards, correct?  And Triplett?  Maybe they'll get AJ Hawk to plug the middle anyway. 

Marv ain't stupid.

631022[/snapback]

Ron Edwards is a UFA and Tim Anderson would get run over by an old lady walking across the street.

The Bills other starting DT will come through FA or the Draft, its not someone we already have on roster.

The one thing we can't do is hold a gun to somebody's head and make them sign I really wouldn't mind, given the way things look right now, trading down, taking Bunckley and netting another 1st day pick.

631004[/snapback]

I was thinking the same thing. Bunkley could be a good fit. One problem with trading down. We better not go to far. St. Louis has lost Pickett and Lewis and may also have their eye on Bunkley.

Having Romeo there helps...but so does being 30 million dollars under the salary cap.  Pretty easy to look smart when you can throw 4 million dollar a year contracts at players.

631015[/snapback]

$30 million's a lot, but so is $14-$15 million (or $20 million if EM is cut). I don't think Marv should throw $$$ at every "name" FA, but Pickett seemed like a perfect fit for what the Bills are about now. Gotta say I'm disappointed for the first time this week.

Oh no, we didn't sign Ryan Pickett!!! What are we gonna do??? Fold the team now!!! :) We didn't sign a guy who is former 1st round underachiever and played on one of the worst defenses in the league. I think it is a blessing in disguise. We need offensive lineman in FA. That's where our money would be better spent.

$30 million's a lot, but so is $14-$15 million (or $20 million if EM is cut).  I don't think Marv should throw $$$ at every "name" FA, but Pickett seemed like a perfect fit for what the Bills are about now.  Gotta say I'm disappointed for the first time this week.

631028[/snapback]

Eh, I know that the Packers were gunning after him hard...methinks he used the Bills visit to force them to up their offer. Hell, it seemed like he was more interested in going back to St. Louis or going to the Packers than he ever was coming to Buffalo. And the Packers have almost as much cash to spend in FA than the Brownies do...so I'm not surprised at all.