The referee botch on Sunday is bothering me

I mean...I know we get screwed a lot on calls but it was the importance of these calls that is really sticking in my mind....

The screwups directly relate to anywhere from 12 points to as many as 18 points

- The holding call on Clements runback that made it to the 1. We either get 3 or 7 points out of that

- The safety is worth 2 points...plus we get the ball....who knows what happens in the momentum of the game from that call

- The Magehee touchdown....that is another 7

It is the difference in the ball game.....literally......

Now...I know that some will feel "well..you just have to overcome that" that is not such a easy thing to do against a team notoriously tough at home. These were important points. People who were saying we needed 20 points to win.....well....there were potentially another 18 to add to our 10 that would have made 28 points.......

I know that some will feel "well..you just have to overcome that" that is not such a easy thing to do against a team notoriously tough at home.

Agreed, John. It's also not an easy thing to do when you're commited to playing a ball-control, grinding style game where points are most likely going to be at a premium. And to see that big a pile of them ripped away by incompetent officiating (should I even mention that call on Vilarrial late in Week1?) at such decisive moments can make an already crazed Billsfan even crazier.

As fans we can dwell on it as long as we want, but the coaches have to find a way to turn it into motivation instead of excuses for the players.

Cya

I was extraordinarily pi$$ed off at that incredibly awful holding call. If my wife and dogs weren't in the room at the time, something might have been smashed.

In my mind, that was one of the worst calls I have ever seen. The HOLD did not start at the one yard line, CONTACT began at the one yard line. The HOLDING took place in the end zone. I absolutely couldn't believe what I was hearing.

But hey, just another day in the life of a Bills fan.

I mean...I know we get screwed a lot on calls but it was the importance of these calls that is really sticking in my mind....

- The holding call on Clements runback that made it to the 1.  We either get 3 or 7 points out of that

- The safety is worth 2 points...plus we get the ball....who knows what happens in the momentum of the game from that call

Now...I know that some will feel "well..you just have to overcome that" that is not such a easy thing to do against a team notoriously tough at home.  These were important points.  People who were saying we needed 20 points to win.....well....there were potentially another 18  to add to our 10 that would have made 28 points.......

43853[/snapback]

Agreed...

When I heard the News on the Simon Show today I said...now does this not just figure??? Watching it live I thought the Henry TD was one of those early whistle deals. It looked pretty clear to me he reached the Ball over the End Line, but as all of us have learned, it does not matter if the Play was already blown dead....

The Hold Call for the non-Safety was a joke...period...And the Hold on the Return looked suspect on the Replay I saw...

Just figures...Life as a Bills Fan...

- The holding call on Clements runback that made it to the 1.  We either get 3 or 7 points out of that

Now...I know that some will feel "well..you just have to overcome that" that is not such a easy thing to do against a team notoriously tough at home.  These were important points.  People who were saying we needed 20 points to win.....well....there were potentially another 18  to add to our 10 that would have made 28 points.......

43853[/snapback]

all I can say is get used to it, we've been getting :I starred in Brokeback Mountain: ed for years

it's buggin me too, man. it makes me want to call fox mulder. it makes me suspicious. it makes me want to get a petition up to allow coaches to challenge judgment calls like holding and pass interference.

but there's nothing we can do about the losses. i wouldn't want the players dwelling on them, so i guess we shouldn't either.

43853[/snapback]

I feel your pain, my brother. I normally don't dwell on the officiating because it is what it is...they screw up all the time. But this time, after the NFL admitted all of it's errors in this game, I really got pissed! Why do they even bother owning up after the fact? It's not going to change anything. Am I supposed to feel better because you realize, NOW, that your incompetence cost the Bills a chance to win the game?? It's like your best bud telling you he banged your old lady...oh, but it didn't mean anything. WTF? :devil:

I was extraordinarily pi$$ed off at that incredibly awful holding call. If my wife and dogs weren't in the room at the time, something might have been smashed.

In my mind, that was one of the worst calls I have ever seen. The HOLD did not start at the one yard line, CONTACT began at the one yard line. The HOLDING took place in the end zone. I absolutely couldn't believe what I was hearing.

But hey, just another day in the life of a Bills fan.

43981[/snapback]

I feel the exact same way. I am fairly confident that in however many years I will watch football (I am 21 now), I will NEVER again see a call like that. To make matters worse, I saw the end of the Browns-Boys game, and they made the call there. That is just stevestojan every way you look at it, and the call I'm most pissed about and will be for sometime, because it was the MOST GLARINGLY OBVIOUS botch I've seen in a while.