There comes a time when I wish a player would

bashing he recieves from the fans and the media......

Drew Bledsoe is now on that list......

I dont care what the bills do from this point....you want to bench Drew fine....you want to can him all together....fine...another team will pick him up quickly

Lets just go with Shane Mathews and live with it until JP Losman is healthy.....let the fans find another whipping boy....Drew is too high a charactor guy to deserve this crap.......

I dont care what the bills do from this point....you want to bench Drew fine....you want to can him all together....fine...another team will pick him up quickly

Lets just go with Shane Mathews and live with it until JP Losman is healthy.....let the fans find another whipping boy....Drew is too high a charactor guy to deserve this crap.......

38717[/snapback]

Sincerely,

Drew's Brother

Even when criticism is warranted, those who love the Sacred Cow won't hear it.

38717[/snapback]

Awwwwww.... poor Drew... Maybe he can take a $100 bill from his $5 Million from last year and wipe his tears.

PLEASE.

38717[/snapback]

John,

From what I have read, DB is a high character guy and a great family man, but does that make him immune from criticism when playing poorly. There is blame to go around for the offensive woes of the last 16 games, but in my eye it begins and ends with the man who handles the ball on every snap....DB!

Just my 2 cents!!!

I would be proud to be Drews brother so  :I starred in Brokeback Mountain:

38746[/snapback]

Dude, settle down. We're not attacking Drew Bledsoe the man. We are not attacking his character. Nice sentiment you have here, but NO ONE feels bad for a multimillionaire who continues to make millions even when his job performance has plummeted. His first couple years at NE he was great. He's simply not anymore. It happens to QBs. He'll make a decent back up for someone. But stop making the attacks on him seem personal.

For example, see my signature.

What has Drew Bledsoe done for you personally that warrants your unwavering support? If your situations were flipped, would Drew do the same for you?

Don't take it personally. Fans have every right to cast blame on poor play.

38717[/snapback]

Sincerely,

Drew's Brother

Even when criticism is warranted, those who love the Sacred Cow won't hear it.

38720[/snapback]

There's criticism, then there's two years of mindless "Drew sucks! Drew sucks! Polly want a cracker!" verbal oatmeal masquerading as criticism. Most people mistake volume for erudition.

I would be proud to be Drews brother so  :I starred in Brokeback Mountain:

38746[/snapback]

Ahh, the fyou smilie. The smilie that says it all when you've got nothing to say.

In this case, what you mean to say is, "I give up."

I was right about Drew. It's okay to say it. Doesn't mean he's not a fine, upstanding young man who parents with dignity. He's just not a good quarterback.

For $8.75m this season, Bills fans have a right to demand better and not sit around and wish "Future Hall of Famer" Drew were their brother and not their team's quarterback.

The phenomeneon where people so passionately defend Bledsoe despite voluminious evidence to the contrary is extremely perplexing.  And why do you attack his detractors so personally when we haven't done likewise to you?

38801[/snapback]

FMike - I have awakened from the nightmarish spell. I will no longer ask you to stop trying to make Bills fans see the light. I recognize that you're trying to help us.

Use data, your own anecdotes of pain, keep it away from personal attacks at bledsoe, and the masses will awake.

Ahh, the fyou smilie.  The smilie that says it all when you've got nothing to say.

In this case, what you mean to say is, "I give up."

I was right about Drew.  It's okay to say it.  Doesn't mean he's not a fine, upstanding young man who parents with dignity.  He's just not a good quarterback.

For $8.75m this season, Bills fans have a right to demand better and not sit around and wish "Future Hall of Famer" Drew were their brother and not their team's quarterback.

38786[/snapback]

quite the return on that $8.75 mil investment.

could have bought an OL or two instead.

The phenomeneon where people so passionately defend Bledsoe despite voluminious evidence to the contrary is extremely perplexing.  And why do you attack his detractors so personally when we haven't done likewise to you?

38801[/snapback]

I will never understand it either.

How can ol' Ralphy be happy that he just forked over an $8m signing bonus to the immobile one? We know Ralphy likes Drew, but the man in charge can always say to TD, 'you're supposed to be the personnel expert, you should have advised me otherwise'. Drew's play is placing Donahoe's neck on the chopping block as well for that extension.

FMike - I have awakened from the nightmarish spell. I will no longer ask you to stop trying to make Bills fans see the light. I recognize that you're trying to help us.

Use data, your own anecdotes of pain, keep it away from personal attacks at bledsoe, and the masses will awake.

38816[/snapback]

I went through almost four years (end of '97 to beginning of '01) of being a pariah with fans of my own team in calling this spade a spade. It's like deja vu all over again (Thanks, Yogi!) in seeing it happen here.

I'd like to think I helped open some eyes.

Let me put it this way: Did you ever fear Drew when he was playing for the Patriots? (Shudders at the memory)