Assessing TD as GM

He also interviewed Marvin Lewis, John Fox, Tom Coughlin and Charlie Weis and decided that Gregg Williams and Mike Mularkey were better. 

He also brought in studs like Teague, Villarrial, Gandy and Anderson to help out with the offensive line. 

He also decided that Jeff Posey was such an incredible necessity that he signed him to a multi-year deal at 12:01am on Day 1 of the 2003 free agency period.

He also snowed you and everyone else in this town to the extent that season-ticket sales reached the level at which they had been during the Super Bowl years. 

Also, you might not have picked the right day to include Adams, Fletcher, Clements and Schobel in your argument for the man.

I refuse to lump players like M. Williams, Reed, Milloy and Bledsoe in here...at the time that said players were acquired I don't think many Bills fans disagreed. 

All I know is that this team is an absolute disaster.  An embarassment.  Garbage.  A mess.  They have not won a single meaningful road game since Donahoe has been here and their record since his arrival is 30-44.

Do the math.

508336[/snapback]

right on. 0 and 5 on the road. the 4th pick in the draft, BENCHED for an undrafted free agent. heading for 5-11 or 6-10 at best in year FIVE of the TD project. A defense that is utterly helpless against a good offense -- can't stop a run on 3rd down to save its life.

It's not just the front office -- it's coaching too. Our best players on offense don't get the ball. WM gets 10 carries, even though we're starting a young QB on the road against a playoff team. How many times are we going to thow it to Daimon Shelton? How many chances is Josh Reed going to get? Would he still be on a Bill Parcells team? Too many GD trick plays that go nowhere, instead of lining up and pounding the run.

TD must go, and although I admit to liking him last year, Mularkey should go with him. This team has no guts.

I refuse to lump players like M. Williams, Reed, Milloy and Bledsoe in here...at the time that said players were acquired I don't think many Bills fans disagreed. 

508336[/snapback]

It doesn't matter what the fans think about the players that are drafted/brought in via free agency. Tom Donahoe has to see the talent and work ethic in the players he brings in. It's his job to bring in capable players, not players that the fans like or dislike.

Mike Williams is a bust, thats TD's fault. Josh Reed is WR with stonehands, TD's fault. Milloy is older and slower, TD has to know that when he signs him.

It's not the fan's job to evaluate the talent before it is brought in, it's TD's. But it is the fan's job to voice displeasre when the talent that is brought in just plain sucks. What makes everything much worse is the way this team just gives up! It is terrible, Gregg Williams was fired because of lack of mental toughness in his teams, it hasn't gotten any better, maybe it's not the coaches, maybe it goes all the way to the person who evaluates and picks the players. TD has to go, he is the reason this organization is a friggin' mess!

It doesn't matter what the fans think about the players that are drafted/brought in via free agency.  Tom Donahoe has to see the talent and work ethic in the players he brings in.  It's his job to bring in capable players, not players that the fans like or dislike.

Mike Williams is a bust, thats TD's fault.  Josh Reed is WR with stonehands, TD's fault.  Milloy is older and slower, TD has to know that when he signs him.

It's not the fan's job to evaluate the talent before it is brought in, it's TD's.  But it is the fan's job to voice displeasre when the talent that is brought in just plain sucks.  What makes everything much worse is the way this team just gives up!  It is terrible, Gregg Williams was fired because of lack of mental toughness in his teams, it hasn't gotten any better, maybe it's not the coaches, maybe it goes all the way to the person who evaluates and picks the players.  TD has to go, he is the reason this organization is a friggin' mess!

508716[/snapback]

To be fair though, part of TD's job is to sell a product. Big name splashes help one sell tickets.

Still, it is better if the big name guys also bring some wins and playoff appearances along with the name.