Who's To Blame for the Offense's Inability

smuvtalker

Of course, I also recall KH throwing downfield all of, what, four times this year? And three of those were picked off, right?

484642[/snapback]

Well, KH only has 2 picks so far this season, and only one came on a deep ball (vs the Jets). But whatever, right?

Well, KH only has 2 picks so far this season, and only one came on a deep ball (vs the Jets). But whatever, right?

484708[/snapback]

My bad, I acknowledged I was just going off memory (which is obviously flawed) with the "right?" at the end of my sentence.

So, should I persume that you attacked that one point of mine because you also disagree with my other points? Those were, by the way, that the coaches appear to have no confidence in KH throwing downfield, but KH is still the Bills best bet right now.

From where I was sitting, it looked like the coaching staff has zero confidence in KH's ability to throw downfield. It looks a lot like the way they were treating Lindell last year.

I recall on at least three occasions yesterday where the Bills were in third-and-long situations. Instead of letting KH chuck it, they called draw plays and screens. It was complete giving up.

484642[/snapback]

Or maybe the coaches had zero confidence in the offensive line's ability to pass protect long enough for someone to get open downfield.

My bad, I acknowledged I was just going off memory (which is obviously flawed) with the "right?" at the end of my sentence.

So, should I persume that you attacked that one point of mine because you also disagree with my other points? Those were, by the way, that the coaches appear to have no confidence in KH throwing downfield, but KH is still the Bills best bet right now.

484739[/snapback]

Naw, just came out the wrong way. I don't disagree, this offense is just a complete vomitorium.

I'm just befuddled here. I don't understand why we can't seem to complete a pass for over 10 yards, let alone 15. Is it Kelly Holcomb and his weak arm, always checking down to a short route? Is it Tom Clements and his predictive play calling? Is it the offensive line's inability to pass-block? Is it Mike Mularkey's refusal to grab the reins from TC? Is it our receivers?

Someone please shed some light for me... I tried to create a poll but think I must've done something wrong..

483859[/snapback]

I think it's a little bit of everything you mentioned except the first. Kelly Holcomb can throw the ball more than 15 yards.

I'm just befuddled here. I don't understand why we can't seem to complete a pass for over 10 yards, let alone 15. Is it Kelly Holcomb and his weak arm, always checking down to a short route? Is it Tom Clements and his predictive play calling? Is it the offensive line's inability to pass-block? Is it Mike Mularkey's refusal to grab the reins from TC? Is it our receivers?

Someone please shed some light for me... I tried to create a poll but think I must've done something wrong..

483859[/snapback]

didnt tom brady complete an avg of 8 yard passes for like 3 years, if you move the ball it doesnt matter if you complete 10 yard passes or 4, the problem is our run defence

every year its the same BS

one year we score so much points all we needed was a decent def and this team was SB bound

the next year we cant score for shizzle and our def looks like the 86 bears

all we needed was an offence

now again we are lacking in one department and its causing us to get hammered

well i doubt that every NFL team has the best DT's in the world yet a lot of teams are able to at least keep a respectable run against avg yet us, one problem we have and teams exploit it

i dont know what it is, i dont even think a primetime QB can save us, theres just a losing atmosphere in this team

The o-line. Can't get he time it takes for a long route when the D is in your face all game. Sat in the end zone . When he did have someone open, he was running for his life. On the 18(?) yard sack one of the receivers was wide open about 25 yards downfield.

484139[/snapback]

We're not talking about throwing the ball down field, we're talking about a 15 yard crossing pattern or a 15 yard curl. Anything other than dumping the ball off. Even on an all out blitz the WRs can easily get 15 yards down field. The QB has to pull the trigger though. That being said, you're right, the Oline's pass protection is horrid, but it's not the reason we can't even attempt a pass of more than 10 yards in the air.

Its MM offense that he brought from Pitt.

484384[/snapback]

Mularkey had some TALENT on that o-line in Pittsburgh. After TD left, Cowhert used higher draft selections to build his lines, and not one or two high draft picks a year either. Russ Grimm is a no nonsence o-line coach, when Grimm talks his players and other coaches listen.

Plus, as the OC, Mularkey made it a point to keeps communications open between positional coaches and between the players. Here, he thinks that Clements and Gray are doing that, but is now realizing the Clements doesn't view that as his job. Clements may have been a decent QB coach but Clements is obviously in way over his head, there;s no chemistry between the offensive positional coaches much less the players. One hand doesn't know what the other is doing.

483859[/snapback]

Holcomb pretty much called out the O-line in the most politically correct way possible by saying he didn't have time to throw it. TD has call out the O-line by calling out the pass protection as inconsistent. I don't know how many other ways you can nicely say we're getting mauled up front.

483859[/snapback]

Its your fault- if you weren't a Bills fan, they would win the Superbowl, any team you like will continually do poorly (dripping sarcasm)