Who's To Blame for the Offense's Inability

smuvtalker

I'm just befuddled here. I don't understand why we can't seem to complete a pass for over 10 yards, let alone 15. Is it Kelly Holcomb and his weak arm, always checking down to a short route? Is it Tom Clements and his predictive play calling? Is it the offensive line's inability to pass-block? Is it Mike Mularkey's refusal to grab the reins from TC? Is it our receivers?

Someone please shed some light for me... I tried to create a poll but think I must've done something wrong..

I'm just befuddled here. I don't understand why we can't seem to complete a pass for over 10 yards, let alone 15. Is it Kelly Holcomb and his weak arm, always checking down to a short route? Is it Tom Clements and his predictive play calling? Is it the offensive line's inability to pass-block? Is it Mike Mularkey's refusal to grab the reins from TC? Is it our receivers?

Someone please shed some light for me... I tried to create a poll but think I must've done something wrong..

483859[/snapback]

kelly holcomb? <_<

The o-line. Can't get he time it takes for a long route when the D is in your face all game. Sat in the end zone . When he did have someone open, he was running for his life. On the 18(?) yard sack one of the receivers was wide open about 25 yards downfield.

McGahee needs to shut his trap.  He is far from the best back in the league, and he showed it yesterday.

484424[/snapback]

I agree to a certain extent. I don't believe he's earned the right yet to proclaim himself the best back in the league. I also don't think it was a smart move to stir up the Raiders by saying they need to worry about what you're going to do to them. That's just plain silly in my opinion.

I do feel that you have to have a certain level of confidence though...

Yep it must be Willis' fault they can't complete a pass. Actually Willis is blocking better picking up the blitz.

Reasons why, lack of arm strength, o-line can't hold blocks long enough for routes to develop, and coaching. I guess that covers it all.

Yep it must be Willis' fault they can't complete a pass. Actually Willis is blocking better picking up the blitz.

Reasons why, lack of arm strength, o-line can't hold blocks long enough for routes to develop, and coaching. I guess that covers it all.

484430[/snapback]

The loss is partially his fault. When you incite the other team to focus on you and can't deliver - its really a questionable move since the entire Bills O is built off his threat for big runs, and then PA.

Is it Kelly Holcomb and his weak arm, always checking down to a short route? Is it Tom Clements and his predictive play calling? Is it the offensive line's inability to pass-block? Is it Mike Mularkey's refusal to grab the reins from TC? Is it our receivers?

483859[/snapback]

Yes,yes,yes,yes and yes.

The loss is partially his fault.  When you incite the other team to focus on you and can't deliver - its really a questionable move since the entire Bills O is built off his threat for big runs, and then PA.

484434[/snapback]

Perhaps - but when the D gives up 6 scores in 10 possessions, McGahee moves down my list of people to blame....

The o-line. Can't get he time it takes for a long route when the D is in your face all game. Sat in the end zone . When he did have someone open, he was running for his life. On the 18(?) yard sack one of the receivers was wide open about 25 yards downfield.

484139[/snapback]

Ditto.

When an OL can not pass protect how can any QB have the time to allow a WR to get downfield.

Blame it on whom you wish, but the bottom line is that the OL is not executing.

McGahee needs to shut his trap.  He is far from the best back in the league, and he showed it yesterday.

484424[/snapback]

Why.....Doesn't yesterday game reflect on our OL inability to hold their blocks

Your QB/WR/RBs are only as good as the line in front of them....THis game

this line could not do anything right........

The line is bad, but Holcomb sucks. He's a backup.

From today's Buffalo News:

Raiders safety Stuart Schweigert said Oakland wasn't too worried about the deep ball.

"He doesn't have the strongest arm," Schweigert said of Holcomb, "so we knew they weren't going to throw the ball downfield."

That's great. :lol:

The loss is partially his fault.  When you incite the other team to focus on you and can't deliver - its really a questionable move since the entire Bills O is built off his threat for big runs, and then PA.

484434[/snapback]

You can hardly blame Willis on this one. He only ran the ball 16 times and that was because the defense gave up so many, we no longer could run the ball because we needed to play catch-up.

Someone please tell me why on earth when we get to the goal line we come up with the dumbest plays instead of just running Willis? I agreed with going for it on 4th, but when I heard Shelton getting the ball, I was like "What the F___?" Clements is always trying to outsmart the opponent and ends up hurting us, its unbelievable.

The o-line.

484139[/snapback]

Looks like you're in good company...

"I don't think I've ever been hit so much," Holcomb said. "They've got a good defensive line. We knew coming in here that they could rush the passer. We had some calls (to throw downfield), but what do you do when you're having some protection problems and you can't hold up?"

http://www.buffalonews.com/editorial/20051...?tbd1005044.asp

Perhaps - but when the D gives up 6 scores in 10 possessions, McGahee moves down my list of people to blame....

484447[/snapback]

Stop being reasonable.

My favorite off-season witticism: "Pat Willians is only on the field for 1/3rd of our plays"

Based upon scientific results it is possible to support the conclusion the they are the most important 1/3rd!

From where I was sitting, it looked like the coaching staff has zero confidence in KH's ability to throw downfield. It looks a lot like the way they were treating Lindell last year.

I recall on at least three occasions yesterday where the Bills were in third-and-long situations. Instead of letting KH chuck it, they called draw plays and screens. It was complete giving up.

Of course, I also recall KH throwing downfield all of, what, four times this year? And three of those were picked off, right?

I like KH, I think we have a better chance to win with him right now, but the coaches need to figure something out to make up for his apparent rag arm.