The "TD" needs to leave thread...

Like A Mofo

The only way Ralphie will get rid of his boy TD, is when TD's terrible performance as GM starts effecting Ralph's wallet. 

When the fans stop buying into all the crap we are being sold, and stop filling the seats at Ralph Wilson Stadium, TD will be gone.

It's all about Ralph's money.............

484446[/snapback]

Yes, that just about covers it unfortunately.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hold on, gentlemen. I completely agree that TD must go, and frankly, I won't be unhappy if he takes Mularkey with him. However, I can't accept Ralph-bashing. He wants to WIN, not make money. That's why he hired TD -- the person everyone said was the best football man available -- and stepped back to let him run the football operations. Ralph has ponied up huge $$ for Spikes, M. Williams, Milloy, etc. There is no cheapskate issue here.

Let's remember that the man could have sold this team anytime he wanted for a cool $750 million or more. Instead he has given the people of Buffalo an NFL team for as long as he is with us. There aren't many people who would have done the same.

As to the real issue: TD must go. He is accountable for putting together this pathetic, no-heart, soft bunch of losers. I look at this team and see no hope for the future. As lousy as it is, the D is getting old in a hurry, which means it's going to need a few new starters ASAP. The O-line is pretty weak as well. We have a big zero at QB, with no reason to think that a real QB will emerge from either JP or Holcomb.

There are no leaders on either the O-line or the D-line. Mike Williams is average at pass protection, way overpaid and gets hurt every year. Sam Adams is way overweight, so he needs a lot of rest, and throws too many tantrums to be a leader. Schobel, Kelsay and Denney simply aren't good enough players to have credibility as leaders.

Donahoe has assembled a team that is weak on both lines, has lousy quarterbacking and questionable coaching (once again, McGahee didn't get the ball nearly enough yesterday). THIS TEAM HAS NO HEART!!! How many times during Donahoe's time here have the bills gotten waxed on the road at a pivotal moment in the season?

TD must go.

He absolutely has, thus as long as the fans are showing up and the team is financially solvent, then 8-8 is good enough. Which means TD is not leaving anytime soon. He also signed a contract extension. Ralph isn't getting involved with the football side much anymore since TD took over and he keeps feeding Ralph the bs how the plan is in place. As long as Ralph believes the football bs, and he does, TD is going nowhere.

484300[/snapback]

I don't think that Ralph giving TD a contract extension will prevent the old man from firing TD at the end of a 6-10 season. He may be old but he always knows when the writing is on the wall to make a change and he still wants a ring before he dies.

That's really the bottom line.  The team has been mentally soft, incapable of overcoming the slightest adversity on the road since about 1999.

483697[/snapback]

You hit the nail on the head. This team is "mentally soft". It's time to turn the page on TD/MM/TC/JG and give JP a new staff that will hopefully build towards a bright future. The veterans, high payed slackers, non-producers and the overrated free agents-to-be need not apply.

I'm tired of this staff's incompetence and our team's lack of intestinal fortitude.

Guest BackInDaDay
I don't think that Ralph giving TD a contract extension will prevent the old man from firing TD at the end of a 6-10 season. He may be old but he always knows when the writing is on the wall to make a change and he still wants a ring before he dies.

484544[/snapback]

What don't you guys get? TD is doing exactly what RW wants - Keeping the wheels greased. If Wilson sacrifices him, it will only be to get the fans to open their wallets again. At this point, Ralph wants a good bag man.

You hit the nail on the head. This team is "mentally soft". It's time to turn the page on TD/MM/TC/JG and give JP a new staff that will hopefully build towards a bright future. The veterans, high payed slackers, non-producers and the overrated free agents-to-be need not apply.

I'm tired of this staff's incompetence and our team's lack of intestinal fortitude.

484560[/snapback]

Well said! There were games last year where they quit and they continue to do so. Who compiled this team of quitters and coaches?... TD!!!

TD cares more about making a name for himself on draft day than anything else. McGahee... Headlines! Losman... Headlines!

This is his team. He has all the power and has made every decision. He only hires new/weak coaches that will be his puppets.

As mentioned plenty of times before... he seems to be rated as if he is a business manager (bottom line... ticket sales) and that is more important than wins.

Well, this business is about to go south... I would think that ticket sales will start to decline.

On top of all his mistakes, he is an arrogant man that talks to a decent group of football fans as if he is the only one that "gets it".

He has assembled a bunch of quitters and he should follow the players lead and "quit" himself!

Its time for Tom Donahue to be shown the door folks.  Sure business wise he has helped the team, and yes, he injected some enthusiasm back into the Bills when they were at their lowest point in 2001, but it is clear as DAY that his philosophies on building a winner are not going to work here.  Period. 

This is a team that cannot come up with big plays in games on the road against a team that is decent or better OVER AND OVER again!!  That is not just coincidence in my eyes.  And it goes beyond even the players on the field and the coaching staff.  You have to start with the GM in this case.

He hires coaches that he is able to control.  His personnel decisions are questionable, the way to win the NFL is to start on the offensive and defensive lines and work your way out from there.  Sure he made some real good moves (TKO, Sam Adams etc). But winning teams start in the trenches.  How come he cannot realize this by now?

Skimp on the OL and try to bring in retreads and build a dominant OL. Sure that will work, so many teams do that right?  :lol:

483580[/snapback]

Where have all of you people been? I know good people run from this site for declaring this same point two Augusts ago? Now all of the suddon, hey, this guy needs to go? His same genious was on display last year, the year before, etc.. He's been dogin a great spin control since he arrived. In the end, the person that needs to wake up is Ralph....

Hold on, gentlemen.  I completely agree that TD must go, and frankly, I won't be unhappy if he takes Mularkey with him.  However, I can't accept Ralph-bashing.  He wants to WIN, not make money.  That's why he hired TD -- the person everyone said was the best football man available -- and stepped back to let him run the football operations.  Ralph has ponied up huge $$ for Spikes, M. Williams, Milloy, etc.  There is no cheapskate issue here. 

Let's remember that the man could have sold this team anytime he wanted for a cool $750 million or more.  Instead he has given the people of Buffalo an NFL team for as long as he is with us.  There aren't many people who would have done the same.

As to the real issue:  TD must go.  He is accountable for putting together this pathetic, no-heart, soft bunch of losers.  I look at this team and see no hope for the future.  As lousy as it is, the D is getting old in a hurry, which means it's going to need a few new starters ASAP.  The O-line is pretty weak as well.  We have a big zero at QB, with no reason to think that a real QB will emerge from either JP or Holcomb.

There are no leaders on either the O-line or the D-line.  Mike Williams is average at pass protection, way overpaid and gets hurt every year.  Sam Adams is way overweight, so he needs a lot of rest, and throws too many tantrums to be a leader.  Schobel, Kelsay and Denney simply aren't good enough players to have credibility as leaders.

Donahoe has assembled a team that is weak on both lines, has lousy quarterbacking and questionable coaching (once again, McGahee didn't get the ball nearly enough yesterday).  THIS TEAM HAS NO HEART!!!  How many times during Donahoe's time here have the bills gotten waxed on the road at a pivotal moment in the season?

TD must go.

484502[/snapback]

I see he spared no expense in hiring his last few head coaches!

The year puppet master was let go in pitts. he interviewed for the job in seattle and holmgren said he would not give up control of player decisions and signings. Ole whitey said to the pitts. media that he just didn't want to move so far from pitts area..Yea right!! After cowher showed him the door he vowed never to make that mistake again..That is all anyone needs to know and understand about this guy....And he sucks at it...Tommy the puppet master always knows more than the coaches,,,just ask him he'll tell you!!

The year puppet master was let go in pitts. he interviewed for the job in seattle and holmgren said he would not give up control of player decisions and signings. Ole whitey said to the pitts. media that he just didn't want to move so far from pitts area..Yea right!! After cowher showed him the door he vowed never to make that mistake again..That is all anyone needs to know and understand about this guy....And he sucks at it...Tommy the puppet master always knows more than the coaches,,,just ask him he'll tell you!!

484786[/snapback]

no. donohoe was offered the seattle job in 1997.