Jets @ Bills- Similar to both's game vs. Miami?

Well, both the Bills and the Jets (Week 2) have beaten Miami at home, in what can only be called "ugly" wins for each team. Does this mean the Bills-Jets game will stack up to be another Battle for the Basement in the AFC Least?

Obviously the major difference is that the Jets won with Pennington, and now Vinny Testacle gets the start. I'm assuming the Bills run Holcomb out there again.

Various stats:

Miami @ Buf game stats

Miami @ NYJ game stats

Holcomb 20-26 for 169

Pennington 19-30 for 190, but 8-8 on 4th qtr TD drive to seal the win

McGahee 31 for 86, TD

Martin 31 for 72

Total Yards-

Miami 323, Buffalo 236

Miami 235, NYJ 271

Bills won TOP 35 mins to 25 mins

Jets won TOP 34 mins to 26 mins

Turnovers-

Miami 5, Buffalo 1

Miami 1, NYJ 0

Should be a pretty evenly matched game. Both teams will be looking to stop the run and expose the QB. In a low scoring game, I see Moorman's punting and Terrance McGee/Smith/Clements on returns making the difference. Forecast is chilly and chance of rain, so I'm sure turnovers will have an impact (as they always do.)

Who is the Bills biggest concern on the Jets offense? Vinny, Martin, Coles, McCareins? Normally that is easy, you would have to say Martin. But he is yet to have a good game this year (although the Bills have a way of making every back look like Barry Sanders.) Martin only had 59 yds last week in a win. I say disrupting Vinny and making him uncomfortable will be the key.

I think we are over-reliant on the blitz and it almost killed us this past week.  We should be reluctant to send too many guys and leave Coles and McCareins one-on-one.  Even with McGee and Clements making good plays we could get burned for the big one.

473024[/snapback]

I couldn't disagree more. Got to pressure Vinny and stop the run. Let Nate earn his paycheck vs. Coles. I dunno, I'm just not worried about Justin McCareins.

I couldn't disagree more.  Got to pressure Vinny and stop the run.  Let Nate earn his paycheck vs. Coles.  I dunno, I'm just not worried about Justin McCareins.

473063[/snapback]

pressure is one thing, but sacks are the key to the game or the vinster will light these boys up for some big big gains ,,,you can take it to the bank!!!

Cut way back on the blitz ,,,blanket coverage, and a spy on martin and flush vinny out of the pocket and make him run is the way to go because he can't run ,,never could !

But I'm sure we will send the house and vinny baby will dump it off to martin and the bills will chase him around all freakin day long!!!!!!

Gray doesn't know how to do anything but blitz and you know what they say

live by the blitz die by the blitz!!

I don't understand why Gray blitzed Vick as much as he did, but the fact is he has to blitz Vinny. If he doesn't then nobody is going to sack, pressure, hurry, or "flush vinny out of the pocket", because our front 4 isn't good enough. They couldn't pressure Ferrotte, and the Jets OL is much better than Miami's.