Now let's just say we end up as the worst team...

I'd like to preface this with two things:

1.) I don't support starting Holcomb.

and

2.) I highly doubt we'll end up with the worst record.

But for the sake of argument, let's say we end up in last place. Do we take Leinart?

Even if Losman started coming into his own last in the year, do you still take Leinart?

I think ANY team that passes on Leinart would be nuts.

And therein lies the problem.... how can we possibly pass on such a great quarterback? All the while failing to see that no quarterback is great when he plays behind a facade of an offensive line. We've run every QB from Kelly.. to. well now to Kelly (not yet but it'll be coming) out of Buffalo because of piss poor offensive lines. I wonder if we'll ever wake up to that reality.

If we finish with the worst record, it means JP didn't start coming into his own late in the year (and in all probability went 1-15, since SF will be lucky to win one more game with Smith in there). If we're that bad JP will be back in the lineup as soon as playoffs are gone, which would mean we haven't won a game with Holcomb and will have 7 weeks for JP to play. If he loses them all we have to take a QB be it Leinart or trading down a couple of spots & taking Vince Young. We'll have to see how Young grades out after playing an entire season, since some teams may end up rating Young over Leinart.

If we finish with the worst record, it means JP didn't start coming into his own late in the year (and in all probability went 1-15, since SF will be lucky to win one more game with Smith in there).  If we're that bad JP will be back in the lineup as soon as playoffs are gone, which would mean we haven't won a game with Holcomb and will have 7 weeks for JP to play.  If he loses them all we have to take a QB be it Leinart or trading down a couple of spots & taking Vince Young.  We'll have to see how Young grades out after playing an entire season, since some teams may end up rating Young over Leinart.

468327[/snapback]

No,we should trade down. Between the 3rd for Henry and the probable compensation pick, we could wind up with as many as 11 picks.

ALL of them should be used for quarterbacks, and receivers with a weight limit of 175.

The LT position should be nothing but an afterthought.

No,we should trade down. Between the 3rd for Henry and the probable compensation pick, we could wind up with as many as 11 picks.

ALL of them should be used for quarterbacks, and receivers with a weight limit of 175.

468329[/snapback]

LT, bah mcnally will find someone adequate to go there lol

468329[/snapback]

omg LOL

:unsure:

But for the sake of argument, let's say we end up in last place.  Do we take Leinart?

Even if Losman started coming into his own last in the year, do you still take Leinart?

468315[/snapback]

Leinart? Is Smoker still out there? :doh:

I'd prefer not to think of a scenario where we we're coming off having the #1 defense and #1 ST and end up worst in the league.

468329[/snapback]

That's the best plan I've seen on the Wall in some time.

We trade down if we end up last.

You can bet the farm a team that needs a QB (Arizona? Miami? NY Jets? Detroit? Tennessee? Baltimore? Washington? Kansas City?) will give their whole world to sign Leinert.

Lots of draft picks would mean we could jettison some older vets and stock up with good quality young players. You could potentially be looking at a high 1st rounder, 2 2nd rounders, 3 3rd rounders, 3 4th rounders, 2 5th rounders, a sixth and seventh... 13 picks...

Hell we could even trade some of those for quality veterans!

I think we'd trade down to #2-4 and pick an LT in R1.

That or we could sign Reggie Bush!! :doh: