THE TRUTH.

The reason there is so much complaining, whining, and wah-wah-wah-wah on this damned bulletin board is because so many of you drank--no, GUZZLED-- the "we-were-on-a-roll-with-Bledsoe-and-JP-is-the-second-coming-and-is-going-to-continue-and-our-defense-rocks-and-we-are-going-to-the-playoffs-baby!" kool-aid during the pre-season.

If Losman came out like a house on fire and won a couple games, there would be none of this "Mularkey is trying to save his job!" and "Let's tar and feather Donahoe!" BS. And lets be honest--if Losman had phenomenal stats all season and the D and special teams couldn't do enough to keep us in games, those same fans would be bitching that Losman and the Bills weren't putting Ws on the board. They'd be calling for Donahoe's and Mularkey's heads anyway.

Ask yourself this: what would you prefer--a wonderful first year for Losman with a 4-12 record, or nine wins and a shot at the post season?

You can't have both, because most first-year quarterbacks are terrible. So make your pick.

Personally, I would rather see Losman take a season to get some experience, and then come out next year and have an Eli-Manning-type year. I am not convinced that Holcomb can deliver. But the Bills (apparently) have decided to try something different, so I am going to yell my head off at our Backers bar in the hope that they put up some points.

Bottom line: be a g-ddamned fan and SUPPORT THIS TEAM. Stop second-guessing what color tie Donahoe wears, and SUPPORT THIS TEAM.

And save the "Dude! I spend A LOT OF MONEY supporting this team and what do they do for me?!" comments. It's entertainment, people. If you don't feel like you are getting your money's worth, stop going. If you can't go to The Ralph and enjoy yourself for three hours, stop going.

Am I being Pollyannish? Nah. Have I had too much of the "let's go Bills!" kool-aid? Maybe--but I have been drinking it since 1965--I was in kindergarten, and Jack Kemp was throwing the rock. Old habits are hard to break.

GO BILLS!!

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Personally, I would rather see Losman take a season to get some experience, and then come out next year and have an Eli-Manning-type year.  I am not convinced that Holcomb can deliver.

468213[/snapback]

I agree and that's exactly why I'm so upset about this move. I'll still hope they win. But deep down, I'm not at all convinced this is for the long-term betterment of the team.

The nightmare scenario for Mularkey is if this KH move doesn't work. Then he looks like he abandoned a strategy, tried another, and ended up at the starting point.

But I will guarantee this: let's just say the Bills are able to string together 3 or 4 wins--all this will be forgotten, and all these so-called "fans" will be lauding MM for his insightful coaching. And instead of damning Losman to Hell, they'll be saying " you know, maybe he does need a little more time to develop."

Take it to the bank.

I agree and that's exactly why I'm so upset about this move.  I'll still hope they win.  But deep down, I'm not at all convinced this is for the long-term betterment of the team.

468226[/snapback]

I totally agree. If this is going to be the norm for the season then what about next year? JP will be in the same boat as he is right now. The Kid has a gun and he's made some poor decisions but making him ride the pine is not the way to fix the problem. I have had it watching a jouneyman 2nd string QB ie: DB. It is time to move forward with the future rather than the now. So a couple of the older players are whining, tough sh** they make what a minimum of 500K a year? OK where do I sign up for a job like that?

The nightmare scenario for Mularkey is if this KH move doesn't work.  Then he looks like he abandoned a strategy, tried another, and ended up at the starting point.

But I will guarantee this:  let's just say the Bills are able to string together 3 or 4 wins--all this will be forgotten, and all these so-called "fans" will be lauding MM for his insightful coaching.  And instead of damning Losman to Hell, they'll be saying " you know, maybe he does need a little more time to develop."

Take it to the bank.

468235[/snapback]

That depends. We may win Sunday or every Sunday, but for me to be proven that MM made the right decision, it'll have to be on the arm of KH not the legs of WM. Otherwise, its an invalid comparison. If it is on the arm of KH, then I will gladly admit I was wrong. I've done that before and would love to do it again.

The nightmare scenario for Mularkey is if this KH move doesn't work.  Then he looks like he abandoned a strategy, tried another, and ended up at the starting point.

But I will guarantee this:  let's just say the Bills are able to string together 3 or 4 wins--all this will be forgotten, and all these so-called "fans" will be lauding MM for his insightful coaching.  And instead of damning Losman to Hell, they'll be saying " you know, maybe he does need a little more time to develop."

Take it to the bank.

468235[/snapback]

Thanks. We were all dopes until you came along to point out our many failings and lead us up the path to glory.

I agree and that's exactly why I'm so upset about this move.  I'll still hope they win.  But deep down, I'm not at all convinced this is for the long-term betterment of the team.

468226[/snapback]

But (there's always a but) is starting a different QB in one game (or even several) really a long-term detriment to the team (or JP for that matter)? I don't think it is.

What is it about having Holcomb at the helm for a game or two that makes this move upsetting to you?

468235[/snapback]

While I agree with most of your original post, I don't see how Holcomb failing is a "nightmare" for Mularkey. The way this season has started is the nightmare (the ultimate worse case scenario), the change is being made in hopes of waking up from the nightmare. If it doesn't work, ultimately, nothing is lost. People who keep citing that Eli Manning had to have a season to mess up, are overlooking that he had only 7 games to start. In four weeks, for all intents and purposes, we will know pretty clearly if the Bills have any playoff hopes. Everyone who is crying for Losman, and hoping the Bills do poorly under Holcomb, will still have 8 games to "watch Scotty grow"! This is nowhere near the dramatic decision most are making it out to be. It is a smart decision. Losman will be fine....

Thanks. We were all dopes until you came along to point out our many failings and lead us up the path to glory.

468250[/snapback]

Your terminology, not mine.

It's just too bad that this board has such a Chicken Little feel to it. It would be cool if there were a couple posts breaking down Miami's strengths and weaknesses. You know, discussions about BILLS FOOTBALL instead of whiny "fans" blaming everyone for the 1-3 start including the dude that sweeps up after the games.

Most of the discussions are pointing out the Bills many failings, anyway, so why is my post so bothersome to you?

I think (whether anyone ever admits it or not) the QB is the most finicky position in sports. What separates a good one from a bad one is very often an extremely fine line. And all too often, it just has to do with mental state and the intangible "leadership" quality. It seems that all too often, pulling a guy screws up both of those. So if KH fails and JP goes back in.. why does anyone have confidence in him to lead the team when the coaches already showed their lack of confidence? Ofcourse, that may not happen, but the odds are greater in my opinion that you screw with a young guys head.

I could argue the biggest difference between Manning and Leaf was the situation they were put in and not their actual ability.

Putting in KH upsets me so for several reasons. First, I don't see him as the answer to moving our team forward. Perhaps a game or 2 here and there, but certainly not in any great measure. Second, I think too much blame is being put on JP's shoulders when everyone said he shouldn't have to carry the team. So, now we're using him as an example to wake the other guys up? I absolutely hate that style of management. And finally, it shows a complete lack of understanding by our coaching staff as to what the real problems on this team are. And that, for me, is perhaps the most upsetting of all.

I really hope we win with KH. But, I'm not at all convinced we will for more than a few weeks. Then what?

"The Truth", "The last word", "Attention idiots dipsh!ts & morons", "Everyone take a pill", "The really, really last word, and this time I mean it!".

How many of these stupid threads are we going to have?  And all from a group I wouldn't trust to successfully pick their noses, much less judge a roster move.

468266[/snapback]

Is there an exploding python here?

No?

OK, I'm going to find that bastard if it takes me all 57 pathetic repetitive QB threads. KY must be selling at a phenomenal rate.

I don't want anyone starting exploding pythons in Miami. I'm sure someone noticed that this is a Florida problem.

I just hate exploding pythons. Someone should have seen that coming, but we've been fooled.

It's just too bad that this board has such a Chicken Little feel to it.  It would be cool if there were a couple posts breaking down Miami's strengths and weaknesses.  You know, discussions about BILLS FOOTBALL instead of whiny "fans" blaming everyone for the 1-3 start including the dude that sweeps up after the games.

468264[/snapback]

http://www.stadiumwall.com/index.php?showtopic=32365

The threads exist, you just have to look a little. :unsure:

Your terminology, not mine.

It's just too bad that this board has such a Chicken Little feel to it.  It would be cool if there were a couple posts breaking down Miami's strengths and weaknesses.  You know, discussions about BILLS FOOTBALL instead of whiny "fans" blaming everyone for the 1-3 start including the dude that sweeps up after the games.

Most of the discussions are pointing out the Bills many failings, anyway,  so why is my post so bothersome to you?

468264[/snapback]

I posted a reply, but then deleted it.

I'm not bothered in the least. Gratutious sniping by fly-by's is not an uncommon occurance.

The upshot here is don't go around insulting others and then pat your head with an affectated appeal to "just the facts". :unsure:

I'm happy you are here, but decorum matters....

Gratutious sniping? Insulting others?

I must have a different definition of the terms "sniping" and "insulting" than you do, because after reviewing my posts and replies, I did neither.

In the same vein, using condescending terms such as "kiddo" doesn't exactly place you in the pantheon of great posters. :unsure:

Gratutious sniping?  Insulting others?

I must have a different definition of the terms "sniping" and "insulting" than you do, because after reviewing my posts and replies, I did neither.

In the same vein, using condescending terms such as "kiddo" doesn't exactly place you in the pantheon of great posters.  :unsure:

468312[/snapback]

Don't go Greek. I also reviewed your posts and find that my snappish responses were in error. My apologies.

You can hate me for all time, or take the olive branch.

Your choice.

stuck