Mike Mularkey = Dave Wannstedt

DCM

and Wanny is a fool. But, atleast even he knew enough to give the damn ball to Ricky 30 times a game....

maybe my math equation will somehow come true and MM will wise up enough to "run the damn ball" with Willis.... :unsure:

and Wanny is a fool.  But, atleast even he knew enough to give the damn ball to Ricky 30 times a game....

maybe my math equation will somehow come true and MM will wise up enough to "run the damn ball" with Willis....  :unsure:

468163[/snapback]

Mularkey seemed to know enough last year....he must have gotten hit in the head during the offseason or something. I still don't get it. All I know is that I consider the failure to stick with McGahee is the biggest reason why we're 1-3 and not at LEAST 2-2. DAMMIT that's frustrating.

Mularkey seemed to know enough last year....he must have gotten hit in the head during the offseason or something. I still don't get it. All I know is that I consider the failure to stick with McGahee is the biggest reason why we're 1-3 and not at LEAST 2-2. DAMMIT that's frustrating.

468169[/snapback]

Willis has the 6th most carries of any RB in the league. Perhaps a new dead horse should be sought.

468169[/snapback]

maybe mularkey cant wait to get cute with his play calling and was so happy he thought he had a kordell stewart in disguise

pitch back 4 yards to gain 1 on 4th down???? wtf

Willis has the 6th most carries of any RB in the league.  Perhaps a new dead horse should be sought.

468174[/snapback]

With the way the offense has performed.....he should have the MOST carries in the league.

Willis has the 6th most carries of any RB in the league.  Perhaps a new dead horse should be sought.

468174[/snapback]

Yes but with an inexperienced QB, he should have the 1st or 2nd most carries.

468174[/snapback]

Not to split hairs, but I figured he'd have to be 1 or 2 for us to be successful. I was thinking he needed a Jamal Lewis-like 2000 yard season.

468174[/snapback]

Did you say 6th? Cause I thought for a minute you said 6th...... :unsure:

I see him at 10th.  But of RB's over 50 attempts, only 4 have a higer YPC.

http://www.nfl.com/stats/leaders/NFL/RYDS/2005/regular

468206[/snapback]

I don't know what the hell I was looking at for a minute there.....I was looking at the wrong numbers.....this Willis sh*t gets me all worked up :unsure:

Looks like you're right....10th it is.

468169[/snapback]

The problems are Teague, Gandy, Anderson, Jerman, and the lack of Fat Mike for 9 million. A line of castoffs, garbage, and an overpaid beached whale.

TD is to blame for this, not MM.

The problems are Teague, Gandy, Anderson, Jerman, and the lack of Fat Mike for 9 million. A line of castoffs, garbage, and an overpaid beached whale.

468210[/snapback]

That guy JERMAN.....he sounds AWFULLY familiar; no pun intended!

468210[/snapback]

I think if we replaced Teague and Gandy with studs, our line would be damn good.....Other defenses just get way too much pressure up the middle....Teague should never have been trusted to play center. I don't care if he's better now than when he first got stuck there, we should have found a true anchor for that line.

I see him at 10th (7th in yds, 10th in attempts.)  But of RB's over 50 attempts, only 4 have a higer YPC.

http://www.nfl.com/stats/leaders/NFL/RYDS/2005/regular

468206[/snapback]

What I don't understand in looking at that list is why Edgerrin James has so many attempts when he plays with one of the best Qbs in the game. Or why Rudi Johnson does, when Palmer is so hot right now. And so forth. It seems puzzling to me that these teams are running the ball so much when they have such great quarterbacks. Maybe if we ran the ball more, we'd have a better quarterback...... nah. I'm really stupid.

Actually according to NFL.com he's 7th.....on top of that, he has EIGHTY (!!!!!) FEWER carries than Shawn Alexander.....that's TWENTY PER GAME FEWER ON AVERAGE!!!

468195[/snapback]

OK, 8th, but it seems you're missing my point here.

Willis's number has been called a lot, especially considering that the Bills have only had 225 offensive plays from scrimmage this year, due in no small part to Losman's poor play. Defenses don't have to play us honest, they load up against the run because our passing game is a joke.

As for Seattle, they've won 2 games, including one by a blowout, and they were close enough in the two they lost to not stop running until late in the game (one game was lost by 3 points). As I imagine you've heard before, playing from behind limits the number of times you can call runs and unfortunately for both of us, that has been the case more often than not.

I have neither the patience, energy, nor the inclination to do so, but feel free to look up all 32 teams' total offensive plays from scrimmage and let me know the percentage of runs called by each team. I bet Bflo's run rate (as far as a percentage of total plays from scrimmage) would be far above the league average. I'd bet it'd be among the highest in the NFL. Certainly higher than 8th.

Want Buffalo to run more? Pray for an effective passing game. It will move the safeties back off the LoS and open even more opportunities for Willis to get his attempts.

OK, 8th, but it seems you're missing my point here.

Willis's number has been called a lot, especially considering that the Bills have only had 225 offensive plays from scrimmage this year, due in no small part to Losman's poor play.  Defenses don't have to play us honest, they load up against the run because our passing game is a joke. 

Seattle has won 2 games, including one by a blowout, and they were close enough in the two they lost to not stop running until late in the game (one game was lost by 3 points).  As I imagine you've heard before, playing from behind limits the number of times you can call runs and unfortunately for both of us, that has been the case more often than not.

I have neither the patience, energy, or inclination to do so, but feel free to look up all 32 teams' total offensive plays from scrimmage and let me know the percentage of runs called by each team.  I bet Bflo's run rate (as far as a percentage of total plays from scrimmage) would be far above the league average.  I'd bet it'd be among the highest in the NFL.  Certainly higher than 8th.

Want Buffalo to run more?  Pray for an effective passing game.  It will move the safeties back off the LoS and open even more opportunities for Willis to get his attempts.

468233[/snapback]

I hear what you're saying, but there was a plan going into this season and we haven't stuck with it. Nobody can make me believe that the SECRET plan was to rely on JP to win us football games with the pass. That wasn't going to happen, and the fact that the coaching staff HAS gone to the pass with plenty of time left in these games is just idiotic. I can't speak for other teams, I only know what the plan was for the Bills. Our line is supposed to be geared toward the run, and obviously that's true cause Willis has run well behind them. The bottom line is that the whole thing has collapsed on us.....the defense isn't playing lights out, ST has been good but not stellar, and Willis hasn't been the focal point of the offense. It's all in disarray and they need to fix it. All I know is that my impression was that we were going to run the hell out of Willis this season.

I hear what you're saying, but there was a plan going into this season and we haven't stuck with it. Nobody can make me believe that the SECRET plan was to rely on JP to win us football games with the pass. That wasn't going to happen, and the fact that the coaching staff HAS gone to the pass with plenty of time left in these games is just idiotic. I can't speak for other teams, I only know what the plan was for the Bills. Our line is supposed to be geared toward the run, and obviously that's true cause Willis has run well behind them. The bottom line is that the whole thing has collapsed on us.....the defense isn't playing lights out, ST has been good but not stellar, and Willis hasn't been the focal point of the offense. It's all in disarray and they need to fix it. All I know is that my impression was that we were going to run the hell out of Willis this season.

468238[/snapback]

Precisely. And now the Coaching staff puts the team's poor performance squarely on the shoulders of the one guy they said wouldn't have to shoulder it!

I hear what you're saying, but there was a plan going into this season and we haven't stuck with it. Nobody can make me believe that the SECRET plan was to rely on JP to win us football games with the pass.

468238[/snapback]

Agreed.

I don't think anyone anticipated Losman sucking as bad as he has. I know I didn't. They don't respect our passing game (neither do I), and until Losman shows he can make teams pay, our oppenents won't worry about it. Since the D is stacked against our runs, we have little choice but to give the QB chances to make Ds pay. Until he (or Holcomb this Sunday) actually does it though, the running game will be tough going IMO.

If Bflo can provide even the threat of going over the top, IMO we'll see more Willis - if for no other reason than we'd retain possesion beyond the 3 and out which has become the norm over the last few weeks.