VA: Northern Buffalo Bills Backers

Jimmy's is not the oldest Buffalo Bills Backers site in DC Area but one of the loudest. Jimmy has authentic Anchor Bar Classic Buffalo Wings with Frank & Teressa's

Original Wing Sauce shipped in from Buffalo, Beef on Weck with fresh rolls made locally just for Jimmy's and when available sponge candy from Buffalo.

Jimmy is from Buffalo area (Arcadia) and Jimmy's regularly supports local charities and has raised money for a number of Bills charities including Hunter's Hope. Scott Norwood is a regular there. Jimmy's also shows Sabres games and sponsored a Sabres player exhibition game in Spring of 2005.

Jimmy's Old Town Tavern

http://www.jimmystavern.com/

697 Spring Street

Herndon, VA 20170

(across from Ice House)

Glenn Host

Co-founder

http://members.cox.net/billswatch/

• 1 month later...

Welcome NFL Alumni players at our Annual Tailgate Party!

Sunday Oct 16th 12:30pm til 8pm - Rain or Shine!

Redskins vs Chiefs at 1pm 0:)

Bills vs Jets at 4pm

Meet the Buffalo Bill's all-time Leading Scorer, Scott Norwood!

and

Washington Redskin All-Pro Receiver, Charles Taylor!

Photos and autographes available at 1/2 time of the Redskin's/Chief's game (aprox 2pm) and 1/2 time of the Bill's/Jet's game (aprox 5pm)

Raffles and donations to benefit Hunter's Hope and the Charley Taylor Scholarship Fund!

Jimmy's also welcomes the University of Buffalo Alumni!

UB Alumni

All-U-Can-Eat "Buffalo" Buffet from 1pm until 8pm!

Seating for over 200 people! No reservations needed!

Big Screen TV and Stereo Sound!

Try our Mini-Golf Challenge!

GO BILLS!

GO SKINS! :w00t:

More details at www.jimmystavern.com

703-435-JIMS

• 2 weeks later...

:rolleyes:

Via raffles we raised over $500 a piece for Hunter's Hope and Charley Tailor's scholarship fund.

I did not get to talk to Norwood much (I had a program guide autographed and donated one with him on the cover to the raffle) but I did talk to Charley for a while. He played as return man for Marv Levy when Marv coached in Washington.

• 10 months later...

Jimmy has been in the news quite a bit both locally and in Buffalo - he is featured in an article in Thursday, September 9 Buffalo News:

http://www.buffalonews.com/editorial/20060907/2016696.asp

The Bills organization sent us a BIG incentive to display on Sundays.

Once again Jimmy is having the annual Charity Tailgate on Oct 22nd which will be attended by Charley Taylor.and retired Buffalo Bill Scott Norwood.

Jimmy has been in the news quite a bit both locally and in Buffalo - he is featured in an article in Thursday, September 9 Buffalo News:

http://www.buffalonews.com/editorial/20060907/2016696.asp

The Bills organization sent us a BIG incentive to display on Sundays.

Once again Jimmy is having the annual Charity Tailgate on Oct 22nd which will be attended by Charley Taylor.and retired Buffalo Bill Scott Norwood.

Nice story on Jimmy, Glenn. Just wish he wasn't so damn far out there in Herndon.

Do you know why the charity moved from Hunters Hope to UB Scholarships?

Nice story on Jimmy, Glenn. Just wish he wasn't so damn far out there in Herndon.

Do you know why the charity moved from Hunters Hope to UB Scholarships?

Jimmy continues to raise money for Hunter's Hope.

He has had a seat at their banquet for a long time.

That game is the annual UB Alumni game and he decided it was time to give to them as well. Usually over 100 UB Alumni go there for the game.

We have a new irregular at Jimmy's - Mrs Royal, mother of Robert Royal.

She said she is going to get her son to come to Jimmy's to watch the game bye week. She got a T-shirt for him signed by Jimmy and myself :doh:

Oh a Scott Norwood promised to call Bruce Smith to invite him to annual party. I'll miss it for I'll be at game vs Patriots in Buffalo.

Just wanted to pop in to say that Jimmy's is great. I lived in Herndon for 5 years and loved it. Great people, great fun and great beer. Oh yeah and the only wings worth eating in all of No. VA.

Jimmy's is not the oldest Buffalo Bills Backers site in DC Area but one of the loudest. Jimmy has authentic Anchor Bar Classic Buffalo Wings with Frank & Teressa's

Original Wing Sauce shipped in from Buffalo, Beef on Weck with fresh rolls made locally just for Jimmy's and when available sponge candy from Buffalo.

Glenn Host

Co-founder

http://members.cox.net/billswatch/

• 1 year later...

Jimmy's got some good local press - TV time in western market.

I can take no credit being in Orchard Park for the opener.

Jimmy & Co, Great game Sunday...you guys put on a great atmosphere and I'm sure I'm not the first Bills fan to thank you for the awesome set up you guys have! I took my coworker and fellow Bills fan Mike to the game (he was the unathletic white guy who ran around after the Bills 2nd touchdown for the high 5-ing tradition). Both Mike and I work at the ABC television station in Winchester, Virginia... and in our recent shows we gave JOTT a shout out in the sportscast. You can check it out at http://www.tv3winchester.com/sports. Just watch the Monday night 11p show (it's at the end during the Bills highlights!!!). Keep up the good work and see you for JAX next week! Sebastian Salazar

• 4 weeks later...

Jimmy's Proudly Welcomes former Washington Redskin and NFL Hall of Fame Member, Charley Taylor, and Former NHL Enforcer & Buffalo Sabre, Rob Rayzor Ray, to Jimmy's on October 19, 2008 for our Annual Charity Tailgate Party!

Charley and Rob will be available throughout the event for autographs and photos to benefit "The Charley Taylor Scholarship Fund" and the "University of Buffalo Scholarship Fund"!

Rob will also be signing copies of his book, "Rayzor's Edge", which was published 2007!

No reservations needed, just show up early and grab a seat!

Fantastic Raffle Prizes to Include Autographed Footballs, Hockey Sticks, Books, Sabres/Capital's tix, and more! Special thank you to the "House of Speed" for donating prizes autographed by Bill's Great, Don Beebe!

http://www.houseofspeed.com/about.html

Special Welcome to the University Of Buffalo Alumni Group!

This is a Rain or Shine Event under the Giant Canopy! Please see our flier for more details!

Jimmy's Proudly Welcomes former Washington Redskin and NFL Hall of Fame Member, Charley Taylor, and Former NHL Enforcer & Buffalo Sabre, Rob Rayzor Ray, to Jimmy's on October 19, 2008 for our Annual Charity Tailgate Party!

Charley and Rob will be available throughout the event for autographs and photos to benefit "The Charley Taylor Scholarship Fund" and the "University of Buffalo Scholarship Fund"!

Rob will also be signing copies of his book, "Rayzor's Edge", which was published 2007!

No reservations needed, just show up early and grab a seat!

Fantastic Raffle Prizes to Include Autographed Footballs, Hockey Sticks, Books, Sabres/Capital's tix, and more! Special thank you to the "House of Speed" for donating prizes autographed by Bill's Great, Don Beebe!

http://www.houseofspeed.com/about.html

Special Welcome to the University Of Buffalo Alumni Group!

This is a Rain or Shine Event under the Giant Canopy! Please see our flier for more details!

My son Matt likes to go to Jimmys . He has a# 51 jersey

• 6 months later...

2009 Annual Tailgate in the Alley will be on Sunday, September 27

Washington @ Detroit be shown at 1:00 PM outside (as well as other games inside)

The New Orleans Saints @ Buffalo will be the main event at 4:05 PM outside and inside.

More details when available.

• 1 year later...

12th annual tailgate will be held on Sunday, September 26 with Bills/Patriots game being shown.

The annual tailgate is held jointly with the UB Alumni Association.

Special guest this year is Rico Martin of the French Connection.

The annual tailgate will have Bills games shown on all screens, inside and outside, including the huge one obtained each year.

As usual the All-U-Can-Eat buffet will be available.

http://www.jimmystavern.com/images/tailgate.jpg

• 11 months later...

Jimmy's Old Town Tavern Annual Tailgate

September 25, 11 AM - 9 PM, Patriots game

Regulars Scott Norwood and Redskins Hall of Fame player Charlie Taylor will be there.

Guest this year is Bills CB Booker Tyrone Edgerson.

AFL All-Star 1965

AFL Champion 1964, 1965

Buffalo Bills Wall of Fame, 2010

Alley will be open with LARGE screen TVs.

All you can eat Anchor Bar Wings, Salhen Hot Dogs, BBQ, etc.

Will not be there this year - wedding to go to. Think it is first one I missed which I was not in Buffalo for game or on road for work.

• 1 year later...

Annual Tailgate Party is on Sunday, 9/30 starting at 11:00 AM

Bills/Pats game at 1:00 PM

Alley will be open with LARGE screen TVs.

All you can eat Anchor Bar Wings, Salhen Hot Dogs, Beef on Weck, BBQ Pork, etc.

Jeff Miller, Author of Book "100 Things Bills Fans Should Know & Do Before They Die", will be signing copies of book noon-5 PM with proceeds going to University of Buffalo scholarship fund.

Edited by BillsWatch
update

• 4 years later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Additional guests have been announced:

CB Thomas Smith will be there. Supposed to be bringing another ex-Bill or two.

TE Robert Royal will be there (85% chance). If he comes Mama Royal will come and she was a regular there when Robert played for Bills and occasionally when he was with Washington.

Sounds like this Annual Tailgate will be as busy with guests as last year.

bills-season-flyer-2017_orig.png

Edited by Limeaid