Mularkey's decision to play starters longer

smuvtalker

The way I read it was that MM was going to leave them in there "as long as it takes." To me that means that if Losman and crew march down the field on the opening drive, look sharp and come away with a TD, then their night may be over. If they struggle, they'll stay in there until they do score.

425852[/snapback]

exactly i thik that was more of a message to the team that they better not go in with a lazy attitude or be prepard to pack it in after one series.

I live right in downtown Pittsburgh.  I wanted to be as close to work as possible.  I am able to walk to work in the mornings, but because I live towards the top of a friggin hill, I catch the shuttle back in the evenings. 

I plan on watching all or most of the games this year at Damon's.  I hear there's a Bills Backers group that watches all Bills games at the Damon's on McKnight Road...I may give it a shot..

425886[/snapback]

We looked at places downtown (and in the east end neighborhoods), but couldn't find anything nice in our price range. We even checked out those new lofts in uptown near Mercy Hospital--but the neighborhood was too scary. In any event, we ended up in a nice neighborhood...but also on top of a steep hill.

Thanks for the Bills Backer info-- I'll have to check it out one of these Sundays... when I'm not watching the game at home on my brand new direct TV/Sunday Ticket!!! :blink:

I think Mularkey should do like the great majority of the other coaches, and play the starters a series, maybe two, and sit them down. 

425830[/snapback]

It seems pretty clear by his use of Nate Clements on STs that MM leans to the risk side of the risk/reward ratio. Since he's dodged all bullets so far in adopting this strategy I'd be hesitant to bet against his continued use of it when it comes to bringing up young Losman.

Everyone but McGahee on offense needs the work.  Injuries happen and the regular season is not a time to be working out the kinks.  Although playing against Detroit's 2nd team defense probably isn't worth the injury risk.  However, if Detroit is playing their starters on D, the offense minus McGahee needs all the work it can get.

425865[/snapback]

I agree. It's real popular on talk radio to criticize coaches for playing starters in meaningless games, but c'mon... If you go into any situation worrying about injuries you're not going to get anything done. Are we going to start pulling players as soon as possible during regular games? 10 minutes of game playing time goes a long way for players to jell, and they're just as likely to get injured then as they are at the close of a 10 point game...

I really don't think that another half of play is enough to convince everyone that all of a sudden the offense has gelled, and that all is well. 

425830[/snapback]

The point is not to "convince" anyone of anything. The idea is to give the starters more time under fire to click as a unit.