Louisville, KY

KevinVT

What part of Fern Creek?

Hard to believe how bad the area around Raceland and Bashford Manor is isn't it?

418512[/snapback]

I live by the Courthouse on Outer Loop. It is right on the edge of Fern Creek and Okolona.

They have actually closed Bashford Manor Mall and are in the process of tearing it down and building some different stores.

Ohio-Kentucky-Indiana. Outside of Cincinatti and the part of Indiana thats close to chicago...I can't think of any reasons to live there. The midwest (sans michigan, which is a beautiful state sans downtown detroit), is the bastard step child of the North and the South. The bad parts of the north (crappy on again, off again winters, rudeness) and hte South (rednecks, inability to drive in snow, a general feeling of inadaqueteness, causing them to brag about how great their state is, etc) crammed into one area. Move North (NY, MI, PA) or South (VA, SC, NC, GA) but dear God, DON'T move to the midwest.

Thanks  for the info., looks like we will be likely looking east of the city, perhaps Oldham county where you can get a bit more land.  North of the river looks intersting in Indiana, any thoughts on that area?

418514[/snapback]

I just moved from the East End of Louisville to Northern KY for a new job around a year ago. I loved it there (Brownsboro Road area) and I recommend it if you can afford it. A great number of people have had the Oldham County idea, and the I-71 really can't handle the rush hour traffic. It received a Grade of F as a highway in some state study a few years ago. It's a nice area, but traffic is a complete mess during rush hour.

As far as Southern Indiana, if I can't say something nice I won't say anything at all.