After reviewing last games film

First.....I was at work so I had to have my son DVD record it for me....I GOTTA teach that kid to record because he only got the first hour of it....

This means I only saw the "slow start" drives and not even when JPL started to heat up ......

My observations:

- Our Left Tackle is NOT as bad as everyone has made him out to be......

- Our defense made the colts pull Manning after one friggen series.....that is just what kind of badd@sses these guys are

now to JPL

- Every time I watch JPL I realize that this kid is going to be one of the best bills QB's to ever done the uniform.....he simply has every tool you could ask for...he just lacks the experience.....

- He moves around so well out there......watching him after watching Drew is such a refreshing site

- His release is ULTRA quick.......I mean when he decides to throw it the ball is just gone.....simple as that......

- Whoever said that JPL doesn't have arm strength is full of *$it.....did anyone see the ball he threw down the middle in the first half.....it could have been int'd.....but damn....you want to talk about a friggen LAZER......I want to say right here right now that his arm is BETTER then Bledsoe's (basically his only positive now) but he also brings the added dimension of being able to put touch on a ball........

I came away impressed......and I didn't even watch his best plays

First.....I was at work so I had to have my son DVD record it for me....I GOTTA teach that kid to record because he only got the first hour of it....

This means I only saw the "slow start" drives and not even when JPL started to heat up ......

My observations:

- Our defense made the colts pull Manning after one friggen series.....that is just what kind of badd@sses these guys are

now to JPL

- Every time I watch JPL I realize that this kid is going to be one of the best bills QB's to ever done the uniform.....he simply has every tool you could ask for...he just lacks the experience.....

- He moves around so well out there......watching him after watching Drew is such a refreshing site

- His release is ULTRA quick.......I mean when he decides to throw it the ball is just gone.....simple as that......

- Whoever said that JPL doesn't have arm strength is full of *$it.....did anyone see the ball he threw down the middle in the first half.....it could have been int'd.....but damn....you want to talk about a friggen LAZER......I want to say right here right now that his arm is BETTER then Bledsoe's (basically his only positive now) but he also brings the added dimension of being able to put touch on a ball........

412516[/snapback]

What about his foot work? A lot of people here say his foot work sucked as bad as DB? Whats your take?

My observations:

now to JPL

412516[/snapback]

1. You should've done that before making him record for you. :blink:

2. They were scrubs and if we couldn't beat them up, then we should just fold and move out West. :) That team is so decimated by injuries, it makes you wonder how they'll start the season.

3. JP sounds like a keeper. Remember, we don't know what we have until teams start to blitz on him like crazy. Our line does such a poor job of support in this area. Let's not forget that other teams will try to take Willis out of the picture by keying on the run. We'll have to wait and see if he can win games for us when he's called upon to do so.

412516[/snapback]

I agree with all that you say, but I have to say, I think his release has been a little too quick at times. I know he said something in his post game press conference about the ball "not coming out of his hands right", or something to that effect. My, (admittedly non-educated) opinion, is that is partly nerves. I am not sure what exactly "quick release" means though. It is it the amount of time it takes for the QB to read the defense and get rid of the ball (not one of JP's problems as far as I can see), or is it the amount of time it actually takes him to "wind up" and throw it?

Whichever it is, I see JP making sound decisions, and his problems (and they are very slight) seem to be more mechanical, spurred on by being a little too jacked up...I think he will calm down over time. I saw a noticable improvement from the Packers scrimmage to the Colts exhibition...I am feeling pretty good about Losman. I don't think he is going to be near the liability most in the national media seem to just be assuming he will be...

I agree with you on that laser that shot from his arm in the first half. I couldn't believe how fast he got rid of the ball, or how fast it shot down the field. Impressive.

My impression of him from that game is that he just seemed a little too jacked up. At least at first.

One thing I noted is that, on the first few drives, many of his throws involved pump fakes, play actions, roll outs, or some other motion to initially distract the defense. On those plays, he really seemed too anxious. Later in the half, they just had him do mostly straight drop backs, and he appeared much more comfortable.

My thought is that they should just let this kid get comfortable in the pocket before making him do all those little trick-play thingies. Which I think will be very effective, but I'd slow it down a bit right now.

3.  JP sounds like a keeper.  Remember, we don't know what we have until teams start to blitz on him like crazy.  Our line does such a poor job of support in this area.  Let's not forget that other teams will try to take Willis out of the picture by keying on the run.  We'll have to wait and see if he can win games for us when he's called upon to do so.

412569[/snapback]

I believe that he will make teams pay when they blitz, his release is fast and he has Campbell and Euhus, I think one of them will have a huge year, my first guess would be Euhus, he is the better athlete. Although campbell looks to be better than before his injury, so far