What's the latest on TE Kevin Everett?

PIZ

Thanks.  TE and LT are the biggest question marks on this team.  I hope he can make it back by October, or at least the playoffs.

389376[/snapback]

TE is hardly one of the two biggest question marks on this team. I'd start with QB, LT, DT as your top three, with backup RB and 3rd WR next, rounded out by nickel CB. I think I'd even throw K in before I put TE in as a question mark.

I too thought Everett would add a new dimension to the offense, but don't worry, Campbell is solid and Euhus is continuing to develop, and both are reported healthy and ready to go.

I too thought Everett would add a new dimension to the offense, but don't worry, Campbell is solid and Euhus is continuing to develop, and both are reported healthy and ready to go.

389487[/snapback]

Good valid points. I guess I personally think TE is a ? because of the injuries, but yeah, your positions are more critical. I also thought that TE we "stole" a few years ago was going to be a top-flight TE (can't think of his name though).

TE is hardly one of the two biggest question marks on this team.  I'd start with QB, LT, DT as your top three, with backup RB and 3rd WR next, rounded out by nickel CB.  I think I'd even throw K in before I put TE in as a question mark. 

389487[/snapback]

QB is less of a question with Kelly Holcomb as the backup. Currently our only completely healthy TE is Nuefeld. I have yet to see one guy with a knee injury get completely back over an offseason. The norm is play one season at 75-80% and then get to 100% over the following offseason. The top THREE guys on the chart are all in that mode. It's definitely a question mark - and as big of one as any except LT.

QB is less of a question with Kelly Holcomb as the backup.  Currently our only completely healthy TE is Nuefeld.  I have yet to see one guy with a knee injury get completely back over an offseason.  The norm is play one season at 75-80% and then get to 100% over the following offseason.  The top THREE guys on the chart are all in that mode.  It's definitely a question mark - and as big of one as any except LT.

389532[/snapback]

QB is still the top question. 1st round and the investment in him dictate that, not to mention the future of the franchise riding on his shoulders. If Holcomb turns into the answer (long term), we are in trouble. Ask London or Takeo about DT.

I think the impact of TE is less than any of the top 3 (QB, LT, DT). Of course, IMHO.