Big Tree Inn

Well, we'd be very sorry hosts if a fellow Bills fan coming from so far away would have to catch a cab. Perhaps some of you locals could help Nick out that weekend?

:wacko:

379742[/snapback]

I have caught the cab from downtown a few times, cost about 30 bucks or so each way. I seem to remember there being a bus that leaves downtown about 90 min. before game time. Actually a number of buses that do that. I think it cost about 8 bucks round trip, but I am not sure they still do that. I did take it once, was not to bad.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I know that area pretty well, I used to live on Sheldon Rd - it runs parellel to Route 20 from Abbott rd east.

380032[/snapback]

I'll take your word for it until I can verify :wacko: Growing up there it was always called/known as Big Tree Road, but I have to admit Southwestern and 20A didn't quite sound right. Anyway, I had a friend in high school that lived on Sheldon - we used to go to that fighting bar on Abbott, but the name escapes me.

I'll take your word for it until I can verify :wacko:  Growing up there it was always called/known as Big Tree Road, but I have to admit Southwestern and 20A didn't quite sound right.  Anyway, I had a friend in high school that lived on Sheldon - we used to go to that fighting bar on Abbott, but the name escapes me.

380078[/snapback]

I used to frequent that bar too - I think it's still called Kettle's.

Actually, you've got 20 and 20A mixed up. 20A is Big Tree Rd. 20 is Southwestern.

The 7-eleven is on the corner of 20 (Southwestern) and Abbott. The Big Tree is on the corner of 20A (Big Tree rd.) and Abbott.

379908[/snapback]

Yes, that is correct. I grew up a few miles from there (Wanakah - Morgan Pkwy).

I used to frequent that bar too - I think it's still called Kettle's.

380085[/snapback]

Kettle's - that's it! There's one in Hamburg too I believe. I stopped in there a few years back after a game, and forgot about the redneck vibe in there. That place was a powderkeg just waiting to explode :wacko:

Well, we'd be very sorry hosts if a fellow Bills fan coming from so far away would have to catch a cab. Perhaps some of you locals could help Nick out that weekend?

:angry:

379742[/snapback]

Nick, I noticed you might need a scoot around town. I live on Lake Avenue about a half a mile down from abbott. It's about a 10 minute walk or drive on game days. If you need a ride let me know early so I get you around safe and I'd be happy to host you around a bit.

Drinking starts early, fyi.

P.S Don't forget your goggles, Buffalo has some beauties...

t-r

Without question you should come early, preferrably Thursday. You should stay Thurs, Fri, Sat at The Hampton Inn on Chippewa. You will not need a car for three days. Then pack your bags early Sunday Morning, sign in at the nearest dive to the stadium. Go to Big Tree and Danny's before and after the game and then stumble home to your flea bag hotel that won't matter at this point so you can leave on Monday. That is really what you should do.

What happened to Salfrancos?

:angry:

379806[/snapback]

Sal sold it. Used to live across the street from him. Not sure of the details. I grew up on that pizza. I've not been to Danny's, It became Danny's about three years after I moved. As a matter of fact, they had a cigarette machine in the back door there by the big lot. Used to make the walk up there quite often as a teenager, run in, and run out before I got caught!

Bigtree road & 20A = Same thing. There are bars on Abbott and 20, which is Southwestern, as well as Abbott && Big Tree/20A.

Kettle's - that's it!  There's one in Hamburg too I believe.  I stopped in there a few years back after a game, and forgot about the redneck vibe in there.  That place was a powderkeg just waiting to explode :angry:

380113[/snapback]

Kettle's South is in Hamburg =)

I grew up on Mt Vernon Blvd near the big circle, just 2 streets over.  I bet that you don't miss all of the trains going by at night.

380285[/snapback]

Hung out there a lot when I lived on Kennison Pkwy.