Jump to content

Man I hate the fact Von Miller is on this team.


Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, Pine Barrens Mafia said:

 

I'd like my team to win something of note.

 

 

If your aunt had stones, she'd be your uncle

 

 

So someone asked before and you conveniently ignored it, so I’ll ask it as well-do you have posts like this when he was initially signed or when he had 8 sacks in those 11 games? 

  • Thank you (+1) 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

The signing was fine.  He sacked Mahomes to help close-out the mid-season win in KC.  He wasn't around for the playoffs and won't return to near-normalcy until THIS season.  (Everyone was hoping against hope that when he returned last year he would be himself.  Like Tra'Davious White, that was not the case - but remember, when last year started, everyone was saying how White looked like his old self.)  Hopefully Miller will be reborn this year!

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

It seems like the DV allegations aren’t of much concern any longer (when he was arrested, TSW went wild with many looking at his arrest as a basis to terminate that contract under a “moral’s clause”, etc.).  Here are the allegations lest we forget (with some police confirmation regarding the bruising):

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/39198986/bills-von-miller-says-assault-allegations-100-false


I tried to find something recent about the status of the charges but couldn’t, apologize if I missed it but this was the most recent article I could find:

https://www.si.com/nfl/bills/news/buffalo-bills-von-miller-arrest-charges-exempt-list-roger-goodell
 

And, is DV the type of conduct that is in line with the “process” (which places a great deal on the high character players we focus on drafting and signing in FA—the past draft was practically all about skilled players with high moral character and leadership).  And, I fully understand “innocent until proven guilty” but the NFL hasn’t followed that with every case/claim (as we did with the “Punt God”).  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, Pine Barrens Mafia said:

Not understanding why the Bills couldn't have done it like the rams did it, one year rental, whatever happens happens.

 

6 years 120 million for an edge over 30 is just stupid

 

It wasn't really a 6 year 120 million dollar deal, those are agent numbers.

 

It was basically a 3 year deal worth 60 million.


I remember at the time I was thrilled at the signing even though I knew it was risky.

 

Unfortunately it backfired cause the injury, that's the way she goes sometimes

 

  • Sad 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)
7 hours ago, oldmanfan said:

BS.  He was playing great until the ACL tear.   It takes more than one year to fully get over one, so we’ll see how he plays this season.

$1 2 0 M and he’s had about 11 impactful weeks. The dude is old and washed. It was a horrendous contract especially for a player at his age, his  position and the contract duration.

 

 

Edited by PayDaBill$
  • Vomit 1
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Disagree 1
  • Agree 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

28 minutes ago, PayDaBill$ said:

$1 2 0 M and he’s had about 11 impactful weeks. The dude is old and washed. It was a horrendous contract especially for a player at his age, his  position and the contract duration.

 

 

He.  Tore.  His.  ACL.  
 

Until.  Then.  He.  Was.  Playing.  Great.

  • Like (+1) 5
  • Thank you (+1) 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, Ethan in Cleveland said:

Because Rams traded for him. They didn't have to give him a contract.  Beane should have done it. Many on here were hoping and advocating for it at the time.  BBillsbeat KC and Cinci and win SuperBowl if Beane makes that move. 

Hopefully Miller returns to be at least better than Epenesa. 

White was awful after his ACL and took forever to heal.

Makes me fear a little but for Milano and his timeline to return to form. 


Maybe Beane tried but Von preferred LA.  Who knows what went on behind the scenes. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, Pine Barrens Mafia said:

What an atrocious contract that was. Should have been a fireable offense, it's lead weights on the ankles when you're trying to swim. Can we REALLY roll the guy out there this year?

 

 

 

Your frustration is understandable and as a rule paying a 34 year old edge rusher 120 million is not good policy. The fact that he blew out his knee in the first year of the deal is the reason it’s bad policy because the full recovery is a low percentage proposition. Now we’re stuck with the burden of that bad contract on our cap for another season. Beane took a shot thinking Miller would be the final piece to get us a ring. Now we probably should give him this season to make a contribution. Most of the damage is done.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

shoulda, coulda, woulda.  Von is on the team, deal with it.  Von was pretty good for the Bills until his injury.  Every team could use another pass rusher.  Von will be much better this year IMO

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I still think this was a good move. He's the kind of impact player this team needs more of. They've tried to draft edges and nobody comes close to the kind of pass rusher Von Miller has been.

 

They just should have been more aggressive about WR throughout their tenure. Explosive offense + pass rush is a championship-winning formula a la greatest show on turf Rams. To me that's the kind of formula a Josh Allen team should be looking at. Von Miller fits like a glove.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Yes I agree it’s painful with Von Miller’s contract, however Iam grateful to our GM! He has made some incredible draft choices and this coaching staff is notorious for coaching players up! This franchise has had no direction for years if not decades …now we have a team that we all can be proud of and be confident we are a playoff team these last few years. Brady OC  is going to surprise many people with his flavor of offense…I love the media is being its usual ignorant self ignoring the Bills… I value Dan O take on “ don’t sleep on the Bills” !!! Spot on! …as our play by play man used to say “ fasten your seat belts here we go again” Go Bills! Keep BILLieving! 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, biggerdaddynj said:

It seems like the DV allegations aren’t of much concern any longer (when he was arrested, TSW went wild with many looking at his arrest as a basis to terminate that contract under a “moral’s clause”, etc.).  Here are the allegations lest we forget (with some police confirmation regarding the bruising):

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/39198986/bills-von-miller-says-assault-allegations-100-false


I tried to find something recent about the status of the charges but couldn’t, apologize if I missed it but this was the most recent article I could find:

https://www.si.com/nfl/bills/news/buffalo-bills-von-miller-arrest-charges-exempt-list-roger-goodell
 

And, is DV the type of conduct that is in line with the “process” (which places a great deal on the high character players we focus on drafting and signing in FA—the past draft was practically all about skilled players with high moral character and leadership).  And, I fully understand “innocent until proven guilty” but the NFL hasn’t followed that with every case/claim (as we did with the “Punt God”).  

 

I agree that the DV allegations aren't a concern in so far as punishment from the league. 

 

Personally I find them concerning. After reading what the police said (they saw bruises on her neck and took photos) it's hard to believe he could be innocent. 

 

In the Me-Too age it's incredible how quickly Von Miller choking out his pregnant girlfriend was swept under the rug. His PR team earned every penny he paid them 

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Does the OP realize Miller took a paycut this year? Sure, all of us were disappointed with Miller’s play last season, but you have to respect the man for taking a paycut and realizing he didn’t perform up to expectations.


“Miller has agreed to cut his base pay this year from $17.5 million to $8.855 million, according to Field Yates of ESPN. That will save the Bills $8.645 million.“
 

https://www.nbcsports.com/nfl/profootballtalk/rumor-mill/news/bills-get-significant-salary-cap-savings-as-von-miller-agrees-to-restructure-contract

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 hours ago, Pine Barrens Mafia said:

What an atrocious contract that was. Should have been a fireable offense, it's lead weights on the ankles when you're trying to swim. Can we REALLY roll the guy out there this year?

 

 

 

It was great signing and he was living up to it until the knee injury.  Beane had no idea Von was going to blow his knee out.  It’s easy to criticize the signing now.  Pretty poor post you made 

  • Like (+1) 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Eastport bills said:

Your frustration is understandable and as a rule paying a 34 year old edge rusher 120 million is not good policy. The fact that he blew out his knee in the first year of the deal is the reason it’s bad policy because the full recovery is a low percentage proposition. Now we’re stuck with the burden of that bad contract on our cap for another season. Beane took a shot thinking Miller would be the final piece to get us a ring. Now we probably should give him this season to make a contribution. Most of the damage is done.

Well unfortunately Von never became our Chris Jones impact player.  Like Gunner says I'm not expecting much this year.  And the organization will likely part ways in June 2025.  Just an incredibly unlucky event which tends to follow Buffalo throughout the years.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 hours ago, Roundybout said:

He was on pace for something like 15 sacks before his ACL. I hate revisionist history. 

 

Von was great in 2022, he tore his ACL because a player crashed into his knee sideways. He came back poorly in 2023 but he was for most of the season less than a year removed from a late season ACL. And even though Von was not good in 2023 he recruited Leonard Floyd who helped fill that pass rush need in 2023 while also taking a semi-pay cut in 2024 to help the Bills out a bit in a tight cap situation. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
×
×
  • Create New...